IGNORED

Tittle X - Affordable Golf Simulator/Trainer

iacas
Note: This thread is 1221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Missed the kickstarter but was able to get in on pre-order discount. Warm weather will probably get here first but I am looking forward to it, winter will be back before you know it. This should be great fun at family get togethers. Time to upgrade the laptop also to be able to use it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I just got an email indicating that they'll be shipping these out soonish.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have been looking at the site and watching videos on this. do you think this would be a good training aid? With it being a new product I am trying to see how realistic it is. Obviously not expecting a trackman like performance, but is it realistic enough to use for practice, or is this more of a novelty game/toy to play with?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, klineka said:

I have been looking at the site and watching videos on this. do you think this would be a good training aid? With it being a new product I am trying to see how realistic it is. Obviously not expecting a trackman like performance, but is it realistic enough to use for practice, or is this more of a novelty game/toy to play with?

Remains to be seen.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Remains to be seen.

I'm hoping someone on here will have one and can speak to how it actually performs before the preorder window closes on the 28th!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, klineka said:

I'm hoping someone on here will have one and can speak to how it actually performs before the preorder window closes on the 28th!

They'll probably ship them when the pre-order closes. So you're looking at $133 now or $199 after that, it looks like. With little information and then more information.

Also… there's probably info on the previous generation of the product.

First time poster long time lurker.  FYI as a beginner to this silly game about 3 years ago Your site has helped me more to improve my game than any other.  

Just passing along my experience with simulator products.   I have had an optishot for two years and just recently purchased a sky trak.   

While the price of this is attractive, it is doubtful the product will be a realistic simulator (everyone's criteria will vary). I would guess it at best it would be on the par with optishot, which at just a lightly higher price point is a fairly mature system despite its shortcomings.  If you read up on simulator products currently available the club based measurement systems (like this one) are limited in their ability to detect parameters needed to depict an accurate ball flight.  Ball flight measurement systems are head n shoulder more realistic.  

Given all that, if you don't have room for a hitting net or height to hit a full club the short stick availability could be fun for that situation.   I also think another major simulator company is introducing a very similar system but not at Kickstarter prices 

just throwing this out there based on my simulator experience  for contemplation.  Wanted to maybe contribute a little to the site as my real golf knowledge is vastly inferior to the people here, from which I have gained considerable insight 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Fsgolfer said:

First time poster long time lurker.  FYI as a beginner to this silly game about 3 years ago Your site has helped me more to improve my game than any other.  

While the price of this is attractive, it is doubtful the product will be a realistic simulator (everyone's criteria will vary).

Welcome! Get involved with the site as much as you can; it's brilliant and the members are very helpful. 

As for the second comment I quoted, couldn't agree more. I'm intrigued to see what others make of it, but ultimately, it'll be years before I'm in a position to buy one or the equipment is accurate enough at that price point.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Thanks for the welcome b101.  I agree this site is great and hope to contribute wherever I can.  

I hope my comments above aren't too much of a downer to anyone.  If this system is as good or hopefully better than optishot I believe there is a benefit to be gained from swinging a club and watching a depicted ball flight.  At this point no one can foretell strengths/weaknesses of the system but with experience, as with otishot, once u learn what shot is depicted somewhat realistically u can attempt to repeat that swing and have evidence u are swinging at least in a consistent way for that ball flight (verified periodically with actual range work) and procceed accordingly. 

I know I personally gained a lot of knowledge from the optishot but went to the sky trak for a little better system.

Lets hear it for long n on target in all our endeavors, including this game. 

6 hours ago, Fsgolfer said:

Thanks for the welcome b101.  I agree this site is great and hope to contribute wherever I can.  

I hope my comments above aren't too much of a downer to anyone.  If this system is as good or hopefully better than optishot I believe there is a benefit to be gained from swinging a club and watching a depicted ball flight.  At this point no one can foretell strengths/weaknesses of the system but with experience, as with otishot, once u learn what shot is depicted somewhat realistically u can attempt to repeat that swing and have evidence u are swinging at least in a consistent way for that ball flight (verified periodically with actual range work) and procceed accordingly. 

I know I personally gained a lot of knowledge from the optishot but went to the sky trak for a little better system.

I'm thinking the main weakness of the tittle swingstick will be no info on contact. It won't be able to tell fat, thin, toed, shanked and topped balls. Could ingrained some bad habits that will come back to bite you once the snow's gone. It should be pretty decent if you have room to swing a real club and hit a ball into a net with it attached. Looking forward to it. Beats x-box golf. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

12 hours ago, Fsgolfer said:

As someone who used to own an optishot, I got one of these because I don't see it being any worse than the optishot and at < $100 vs the $300 an optishot cost I figure I'll just use it to stay in shape and fill my winter golf fix. I don't see this being much better than TW golf on the wii, except you have a golf club.

1 hour ago, Slowcelica said:

As someone who used to own an optishot, I got one of these because I don't see it being any worse than the optishot and at < $100 vs the $300 an optishot cost I figure I'll just use it to stay in shape and fill my winter golf fix. I don't see this being much better than TW golf on the wii, except you have a golf club.

I think the bolded will make a big difference. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I can see a large living room with a golf mat, foam balls, hitting into the curtains over the windows, while using this product.  I don't have the room for that, but that would be cheap and pretty cool.

Ships February 27th...or not...

IMG_0558.PNGThat's what ya get for letting an engineer run your PR. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• 2 weeks later...

First batch ships today!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I received mine today.  The club with the black end is about the weight of a regular iron and has a clicking thing that happens when you swing (maybe like one of those Haney Speed Stik things?).  The one with the round black and orange head is really, really light in weight (not sure what it's for, maybe putting).

20170302_140058.jpg

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 1221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!