IGNORED

Correct Swing Sequencing Verification

Note: This thread is 2591 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just working on my swing and reading some online information. I got confused as to the sequence of the right arm dropping into the slot. Some are saying to drop in the slot then bump, others are saying bump then drop. Which is it?

Right now I have (I usually count the steps in my head to get the right tempo)

1. Shoulders turn to start takeaway
  2. Club Parallel to the Ground (no hinge)
  3. Arm Parallel to the Ground (full wrist hinge with butt pointing to the ball plane)
  4. Shoulders continue to turn until left shoulder hits chin (hips should be 45 degrees closed to target line)
  5. Bump toward target (90% weight on left side, foot driving into the ground feeling)
  6. Drop right arm into slot (to promote a inside out path)
  7. Hip turn toward target
  8. Shoulders following
  9. Arms + Hands (backhanding the ball feeling)
  10. Impact
  11. Follow through (hitting up to the sky and both arms straight)

Do i have this sequencing right or something is out of order?

WITB: Titleist 975D, Mizuno T-Zoid Pro 5i,7i,9i, Mizuno Black Ox Raw 56* SW, Ping Anser 3 lives in a TourTrek Sunday Carry Bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What are you trying to accomplish with this list? This looks like a bunch to have in your mind at any one time. If you want to get better you need to think much simpler. Think about fixing one thing. Here is a recommended process:

1. Take a video of your swing. 

2. Find one "priority piece" to work on. Just one maybe two but I recommend one. 

3. Start swinging in painfully slow motion working on the fix for that one item. So slow that your mind can feel what your body is doing. 

4. Start to speed up checking on video that you are doing it right. Continue to speed up as you get it right. 

5. Repeat for the next priority piece.

For some pieces, like backswing pieces or might only take a week or so. Downswing pieces might take months. This is gonna depend on the time you have to practice. 

The other stuff will fall into place once you do these things right.

Michael

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, hack2scratch said:

Do i have this sequencing right or something is out of order?

Please take this advice the way I am trying to give it… to be helpful, etc.

You shouldn't be worrying about or thinking about any of that stuff. Just hit the golf ball, and find an instructor or at least post a Member Swing thread here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 11/26/2016 at 7:47 AM, iacas said:

Please take this advice the way I am trying to give it… to be helpful, etc.

You shouldn't be worrying about or thinking about any of that stuff. Just hit the golf ball, and find an instructor or at least post a Member Swing thread here.

Indeed, I have learned this the hard way. Listen to these guys.

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

The best thing to do is post your swing here...https://thesandtrap.com/forums/forum/13-member-swings/

Get a face on and a down the line view, ready this article on how to film your swing correctly... https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

This is the best way to improve like everybody else has said that is way to many things to be thinking about. You will have more success working on one or two things at a time.

• Upvote 1

5 Simple Keys® Associate

"Golf is not a game of great shots. It's a game of the most accurate misses.

The people who win make the smallest mistakes." - Gene Littler

• 3 months later...
On 11/26/2016 at 10:38 AM, hack2scratch said:

Just working on my swing and reading some online information. I got confused as to the sequence of the right arm dropping into the slot. Some are saying to drop in the slot then bump, others are saying bump then drop. Which is it?

Depends on the golfer, and some might not even feel that at all.  

Maybe post a video of your updated swing. Improvement comes from working on one, maybe two things till they become routine in the swing. Thinking about 15 different positions in the swing will not help you. 

How has working on the wall drill gone? 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• iacas changed the title to Correct Swing Sequencing Verification
Note: This thread is 2591 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!