IGNORED

Pro V1 vs. Pro V1x

ram22592
Note: This thread is 5968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know these things from the Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x comparison booklet:

-Pro V1 gives more spin on the driver
-Pro V1x is said by Titleist to be the longest ball off the driver
-Pro V1x has larger dimples, and therefore less dimples
-Pro V1x is a 4-piece ball
-Pro V1 is a 3-piece ball
-Pro V1 is the more durable

I am wondering if extra driver distance on the Pro V1x is only a result for very high swing speeds?

Which ball is softer, and what does this softness result in, other than feel?

How do the difference in pieces/layers affect the performance?

I hope you guys can help, I am trying to make the decision once and for all on which of these balls to buy loyally. Thanks!
What's In My Bag:

907D2 9.5° UST PROFORCE V2 75-S
PT 906F2 15° UST PROFORCE V2 FAIRWAY 75-S
PT 585.H 19° Aldila NV Hybrid 85-SMP-32 (3-P) True Temper DG R300Vokey Design SM58.08 & SM54.14 True Temper DG S200Studio Stainless Newport 2 34" 340GPRO V1x Classics Tour Style #51602Pinseeker 1500...

I am not good enough to use new pro v's yet but have used pond-finds quite a bit. This is what I gathered:

Pro V1 flies higher than X. V1X launches lower and climbs less than pro v1.

Pro Vs are softer than V1X. This is what I felt every time I putted.

Pro V1X is prone to less spin and consequently less sidespin. This combined with its lower flight makes it a better wind ball.

Once again, i am not good enough for a new box of either one yet. just lose too many during a round.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

I like to use the Nike platinums/blacks because I seem to tear up the new proV's a lot more ... as far as using water finds I would recommend against it if you are trying to get better unless you just saw the ball go in b/c if it has the smallest rip in the cover it could be waterlogged.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I never noticed a distance difference between the two. The V1 spins more with the irons, and is softer. I spin it too much actually. I use the V1x sometimes, and the Nike 1 Black which I get a tad more driver distance out of and slightly more short iron spin. I found the platinum to be like the V1 I spin it way too much and have a hard time controlling the spin.

I would like to know how these compare to the B330 and 330s if anyone knows?

The basic question is do you spin the ball enough? If you don't, then go with the regular pro v1. If you spin the ball a lot, ie phil mickelson, then go with the lower spin Pro v1x. One thing though, be careful with the trajectory on your driver. The pro v1 could spin too much, leading to a baloon effect on your drives, and the x could have too little spin, ie too low of a trajectory. Basically, there is no perfect solution. You have to pick the one that will enhance your scoring the most, and live with the parts of that ball that do not work as good for you.

Randell L. Vansant, PGA
Assistant Professional
Mizuno Brand Ambassador
Spokane Country Club, Spokane, WA
Mail to RandellIn My Bag:Callaway Fusion FT-5 (Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3)Titleist 909 F2 13.5 (Diamana Blue Board)Mizuno CLK 20 Degree Hybrid (Aldila NV Hybrid)Mizuno MP-57 Irons, 4-PW...

As for the bridgestone B330 series, the original B330 is the lower spin model. The B330 S has softer feel, and more spin overall. Both are great golf balls, and don't get the hype or the credit that they deserve. I could switch to the B330 in a second, but the Pro v1x just fits me better than anythig else I have tried.

Randell L. Vansant, PGA
Assistant Professional
Mizuno Brand Ambassador
Spokane Country Club, Spokane, WA
Mail to RandellIn My Bag:Callaway Fusion FT-5 (Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3)Titleist 909 F2 13.5 (Diamana Blue Board)Mizuno CLK 20 Degree Hybrid (Aldila NV Hybrid)Mizuno MP-57 Irons, 4-PW...

I know these things from the Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x comparison booklet:

I noticed your irons are the MP32's. I have played with them up until a month ago for several years and I found that I liked to hit my MP32's with the V1's and my driver and sandwedges with the V1x. The V1's have too much spin for me for my sandwedges (Cleveland 588's at the time), but my MP32's loved the feel of the V1's. Also, I think I hit a little straighter ball with my driver with the V1x. But if I had to make just one choice it would be the V1x.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.

Thanks guys. Now, does anyone know about the differences in performance and feel of the 3-pieces of the Pro V1 and the 4-pieces of the Pro V1x?
What's In My Bag:

907D2 9.5° UST PROFORCE V2 75-S
PT 906F2 15° UST PROFORCE V2 FAIRWAY 75-S
PT 585.H 19° Aldila NV Hybrid 85-SMP-32 (3-P) True Temper DG R300Vokey Design SM58.08 & SM54.14 True Temper DG S200Studio Stainless Newport 2 34" 340GPRO V1x Classics Tour Style #51602Pinseeker 1500...

• Administrator
Pro V1 flies higher than X. V1X launches lower and climbs less than pro v1.

Not true. As a general rule, the softer ball will always fly lower. That's why range balls off wedges shoot straight up in the air.

Also, the spinnier ball will fly lower (usually because it's the softer ball). Nobody wants to make a ball that flies high and spins a lot.
Pro V1X is prone to less spin and consequently less sidespin. This combined with its lower flight makes it a better wind ball.

Higher flight, but yes, still a slightly better ball in the wind. Still, different enough that you don't want to switch just based on wind - pick the one you like and learn its characteristics.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for that, Iacas. I am still learning and have no teacher too. I still havent played enough quality shots to have a decent sample size. But still I have a simplistic question. Isnt a spinnier ball likely to go up because of more backspin. In tennis, if you play a dropshot from the baseline, you do load it up with heavy backspin to make it float to the net and drop. Shouldnt the same apply to golf?.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

To me, there's nothing worse than clobbering the driver and watching the ball fade or slice away from the fairway. As a mid-handicapper, I am a lot better driving with the Pro V1x. I can get reasonable spin with my wedges with them, but I know the lower spin off the driver is going to keep me in play a lot more.

In my TM r7 Stand bag:
Driver- r11 10.5° Reg shaft

Fairway wood - r11 3 wood
Hybrids- r11 3, 4 & 5
Irons- M1 6-AW, xft 50, xft 54.12 , xft 60.08°
Still have / love my r7 CGB Max 6-PW, xft 50, xft 54.12, xft 60.08° which I keep in Myrtle Beach, Tommy Armour 855 Putter

For me it's the Pro V1. All things considered, I play this ball above all others.

doc

SteveG.

Callaway RAZRX  4- PW Lefty
Callaway forged wedges 52 deg. 56 deg. and 60 deg. LH
Nike Covert 2.0. Driver Stiff LH set neutral 10.5 deg.
Titleist 3 Wood 15 deg.Stiff LH
Titleist 5  wood 18.5 deg. Stiff LH 
Odyssey  35", LH
Titleist Pro V1

Note: This thread is 5968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!