IGNORED

Bogey Golfers Only (Index 16-22) / Breaking 90 Topic

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 1181 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congrats on your low score!   It sounds as if you have found something.   I hope it sticks for you and this is the beginning of even lower scores yet!

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shot a 96 yesterday ... but went back today and worked on keeping head still, weight forward, and staying connected (turning hips) and shot an 86!  the lowest this year ...

Wow, that's also my lowest score to date on 18 holes.

Congratulations!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Shot an 85 today.  Left a few on the course with one triple and one double.  Otherwise, 8 pars and 8 bogeys.   Other than that, I was playing fairly solid (for me).   I had 10 fairways and 7 greens.   Ended up with 34 putts, which included 2 three-putts.   Aside from those 3-putts, I missed a couple of others that were inside 3-foot (stupid mistakes), and a couple of mis-reads.    Over all, I wasn't disappointed in my round.   I know it could have been much better but considering what I have done over the past few days, it sure as hell could have been much worse too!

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Pretty happy with the 86 (66 net) I shot today. Best I have done since returning to play after a 40 year hiatus (women and children seemed to occupy my prime years).

6 pars

9 bogeys

3 doubles

39 out, 47 in

79% Fairways :-D , 34 putts :-\ .

Only +4 on the front due to solid driver, iron, and wedge. 5 one putts, no 3 putts.

Overly aggressive on the back leading to 2 penalties, a loss of confidence, and three 3 putts.

Still a very good day!

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

Oh man.  Where have i been?   Great posts here by all.

I had a glimpse today of my deep dependency.  Dependency on my good trusty friend, PW.  I love that guy, so useful to me.  His pitted face and nicked edge rely to me an honest friendship.  He was not in the bag today.  Soo, soo  stoopid of me.

His cousin, Number 52, just does not thrill,  The day's result indicates 'carry your friends;. Shot 107.

Oh man.  Where have i been?   Great posts here by all.    I had a glimpse today of my deep dependency.  Dependency on my good trusty friend, PW.  I love that guy, so useful to me.  His pitted face and nicked edge rely to me an honest friendship.  He was not in the bag today.  Soo, soo  stoopid of me.   His cousin, Number 52, just does not thrill,  The day's result indicates 'carry your friends;. Shot 107.

I'm exactly the opposite, My 52 is reliable and my PW overhits everything. Tried it a couple rounds, and the 52 comes in with less strokes than my PW ner the green.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'm exactly the opposite, My 52 is reliable and my PW overhits everything. Tried it a couple rounds, and the 52 comes in with less strokes than my PW ner the green.

From 100yds and in, my 54 is the club I use the most.

From 100yds and in, my 54 is the club I use the most.

Yeah, I wouldn't quite get 100 yards with my 54, if I had one. It would be my 95 yard club. I am thinking of replacing a long iron in my bag with a 56 degree wedge, though.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Took out 4 iron and re-inserted 3W in my bag.   5i is the longest iron I carry now.   Time to work on 3i, 4i at range before putting one of them back in my bag.

My clubs are taking turns in going bad, the latest being the driver.   I had 65% fairway hit rate last month and it plummeted to 40% in the last 3 rounds.  I am using 3H to tee off more and  more.  Played terribly (+10 net score) on a tournament b/c of the driver woe.

I am in danger of getting kicked out of bogey club.   My HI is now at 21.  I can't explain my slump.   If I fix one problem, another one pops up.  The only thing I am doing consistently well is my putting.  I am averaging less than 32 putts per round.   I don't even practice putting anymore.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I love my wedges ... if the flag is 100 yards away I use my 56 ... I can carry it 95 with no problem ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Took out 4 iron and re-inserted 3W in my bag.   5i is the longest iron I carry now.   Time to work on 3i, 4i at range before putting one of them back in my bag.

My clubs are taking turns in going bad, the latest being the driver.   I had 65% fairway hit rate last month and it plummeted to 40% in the last 3 rounds.  I am using 3H to tee off more and  more.  Played terribly (+10 net score) on a tournament b/c of the driver woe.

I am in danger of getting kicked out of bogey club.   My HI is now at 21.  I can't explain my slump.   If I fix one problem, another one pops up.  The only thing I am doing consistently well is my putting.  I am averaging less than 32 putts per round.   I don't even practice putting anymore.

I'm quite happy with my 3H and 4H. These clubs give me the higher launch and distances that I seem to need for longer par 4 holes, or if I duff a drive.

Your handicap will come down, your handicap will come down, repeat after me down, down down. . .down. . .down. . .

Plus, I think we should widen the HC of this thread from 14 to 25, because the problems of golfers in this range of HI appear to be very similar.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

8 fairways, 6 greens, 32 putts.

38 on the front.

39 on the back.

77, Its hard to sit still.

Wow, dude. Do you even belong in this thread??? That's low single digit territory!

Congratulations!

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

8 fairways, 6 greens, 32 putts.

38 on the front.

39 on the back.

77, Its hard to sit still.

THAT IS AWESOME!!   Congratulations!!   I can only imagine!!   I bet you don't even sleep tonight!!        I am so envious!!

Wow, dude. Do you even belong in this thread??? That's low single digit territory! Congratulations!

Thanks guys. Yea I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't take part in this thread. I might just hang out a bit if you don't mind.:-) I guess I need to start keeping a handicap.

I shot 89 yesterday . After the round I looked at the stats and was amazed that i didn't shoot better. I need some help trying to make some sense out of these, 1 birdie, 8 pars, 2 bogeys, 5 dbl, 2 triple. I had 35 putts and 3 saves.

I shot 89 yesterday . After the round I looked at the stats and was amazed that i didn't shoot better. I need some help trying to make some sense out of these, 1 birdie, 8 pars, 2 bogeys, 5 dbl, 2 triple. I had 35 putts and 3 saves.

Looks pretty darn good to me. Obviously, if you can figure out how to turn two or three of those doubles into bogeys, and one of those triples into a double, you're in the mid 80s, beating the pants off most golfers I know, and beating my brains out. Did your "others" come on Par 5s, or Par 3s, or did you miss fairways right, more than left, etc.? With a little such analysis and remedial action such as hitting 3 or 5 wood from tee instead of driver OOB, you get your three strokes, and have to leave this thread........

Note: This thread is 1181 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!