IGNORED

2017 Sony Open

krupa
Note: This thread is 2665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, krupa said:

I did notice that, but I figured it was just so obvious that I was the idiot for not knowing how to interpret it.

Nope, we're both equally idiotic. :beer:

Hey, did anybody see the hilarious footage of Spieth and Kaufman attempting to fish from a kayak right there off the beach during the afternoon broadcast?  http://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/watch-jordan-spieth-smylie-kaufman-get-dumped-out-of-kayak-at-sony-open/

It was pretty funny.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Nope, we're both equally idiotic. :beer:

Hey, did anybody see the hilarious footage of Spieth and Kaufman attempting to fish from a kayak right there off the beach during the afternoon broadcast?  http://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/watch-jordan-spieth-smylie-kaufman-get-dumped-out-of-kayak-at-sony-open/

It was pretty funny.

Yeah, showed up on my Insta feed.. :dance:

Is this going to be the year of The Justin?

Vishal S.

On 1/10/2017 at 1:01 PM, krupa said:

Looking back I was a little vague when I said "how will he fare." I was just referring to his putting; I honestly don't expect him to finish well overall.  If you were also referring to his putting, I would ask, do you think he'll do poorly because it's still new to him? 

If I recall, putting was his nemesis last year. Quite possibly more due to poor green reading than poor technique, but both may be factors.

On 1/12/2017 at 6:15 PM, Golfingdad said:

BTW, looks like Dechambeau shot -1 today, with a -1.833 strokes gained putting.

Was that very different from his typical performance last year? I thought he typically lost somewhere around a shot a round on the greens.

Kevin

11 hours ago, krupa said:

I have a tenuous grasp of strokes gained.  Is a negative number good or bad?

Food poisoning is one of those things I don't wish on anyone.  Hope he didn't have to drive himself to the ER...

HILARIOUS!!! I love Brian Regan, seen him 3 times...

Colin P.

Justin Thomas sets 72-hole PGA scoring record @ 27 under par with his win.

Why is Ernie Els' 31 under and Jordan's 30 under at Kapalua not considered for the record? Is it because TOC isn't a full-field event?

Kevin

50 minutes ago, natureboy said:

Justin Thomas sets 72-hole PGA scoring record @ 27 under par with his win.

Why is Ernie Els' 31 under and Jordan's 30 under at Kapalua not considered for the record? Is it because TOC isn't a full-field event?

Aggregate score vs. score relative to par. Kapalua is a par-73 course, so it takes twelve more strokes to shoot par for four rounds compared to a par-70 course such as Waialae.

73•4=292; 292-31=261

70•4=280; 280-27=253

Thomas took eight fewer strokes to reach 27-under than Els did to reach 31-under.

• Upvote 3

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Three wins in four starts?  Cue the "new big 3 or 5 or whatever" talk.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

1 hour ago, krupa said:

Three wins in four starts?  Cue the "new big 3 or 5 or whatever" talk.

Maybe it should be like the Big Ten, where the name of the group stays the same no matter how many members there are.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

On 1/15/2017 at 11:28 PM, Chilli Dipper said:

Aggregate score vs. score relative to par. Kapalua is a par-73 course, so it takes twelve more strokes to shoot par for four rounds compared to a par-70 course such as Waialae.

73•4=292; 292-31=261

70•4=280; 280-27=253

Thomas took eight fewer strokes to reach 27-under than Els did to reach 31-under.

Ah. Thank you.

Kevin

Note: This thread is 2665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!