IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

20 foot birdie on the second hole of the season!

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

Played on the weekend, Par 3 164yrds, plays about 5 yards longer as slight uphill, normally a 6 iron but tee's slightly back prompted a 5 iron and I put it about 2 feet from the pin right side, tap in birdy but so nearly a hole in one :)

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

(this past saturday) Par 3 - 174 yds - hit a 7 iron off the tee a foot past the hole, spun it back hitting the stick and a 2 inch putt for birdie :)
(this past sunday) Par 4 - 413 yds - downhill fairway with a lake infront of the green, hit a 3W to about 150 out, downhill lie, hit a 9i to 2 feet...tap in for birdie :)

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Freezing cold on Sunday... made it very tough to keep a grip on the clubs at points in the round (especially when it would rain). Playing my 10th hole of the day (shotgun start)... a par 5 of 482 yards... I hit my driver up the middle of the fairway but into a stiff wind... left me 251 to the middle of the green... laid it up with a 4 iron leaving me about 110 in (the wind was really strong). I pulled my 9 iron and gave it a smooth swing... the ball was right on line but as the pin was in the back corner in a valley, I never saw where it ended up. The GPS in the cart said there was 110 to the pin but there was a sprinkler head I saw AFTER my swing that said it was less than 90 to the middle of the green. I thought that maybe I had put it OVER the green. When we get up to the green, however, it was sitting 7 feet from the hole. I missed the birdie opportunity, but I made the par and then promptly fell apart for three of the next four holes.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Big 4-iron fade around a tree turning against the wind from 180 yards to an elevated green and 3 feet for a bird. The coolest shot to see was a hole with a 5-club tailwind where I stupidly took driver thinking I would just drive the short par-4 (~310). I hit a very slight push that looked pretty good for a second but was still climbing when it got to the green. I can only assume it hit the street, bounced over to the shopping center parking lot and settled some 600 yards away ;) It wasn't that big of a miss, it was just a freaking long way for a ball to carry. That must be how Bubba Watson feels on every shot. Scary! Had to drop because that ball will never be found!

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

360 up hill into the wind dog leg left. you have to throw the ball out about 200 yards before you can start turning the ball over with a draw to clear the hill and the left tree line.
I played the perfect draw (in my eyes) and was just about 95 yards away to an elevated green..... let's not discuss the 2nd shot where I flew the green with a SW
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Played a free round at a local course I've been playing since high school (15 years). #10 is 414 par 4 with the tee on a cliff about 50-60 feet high. I have always hit my 3 wood on this hole because when I use my driver I always try to swing harder than usual. This time, I felt good during the round and have also made a point this year to really improve with my driver so I pulled it out of the bag. Hit the best drive of my round and left me about 153 to the hole (according to SkyCaddie). 8 iron to the green was perfect distance but I yanked it a bit into a bunker left of the green. Took a +2 because I flubbed my sand shot, I was so mad about the 8 iron yank. Bah!

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Today was the first day in the 70s (temperature) so far this year. I used my newly purchased FT-i tour low cg with an X stiff Diamana White board. My shortest drive was 266. I won't mention my longest. Too many cynics.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Today was the first day in the 70s (temperature) so far this year. I used my newly purchased FT-i tour low cg with an X stiff Diamana White board. My shortest drive was 266. I won't mention my longest. Too many cynics.

with a HC of 1.7, I doubt there'd be people questioning your abilities...but as I say: who cares what they thing? Isn't that why we play this game? to keep on pushing and challenging ourselves?

DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

I drained a slippery 20 ft down hill left to right breaker about a week and a half ago. It was big for me because i almost never make that putt from any distance outside 3 feet. Right beaking putts are my judas...
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Don't know if this counts but was playing Saturday with my uncle and 2 of his fantasy baseball buddies in Muncie IN. Short hole dog leg right downwind about 340 from the blues. We were playing the whites that played between 310 to 315. Wanted a wedge in so i grabbed the three iron and knocked it down the middle. the hackers said why didn't you hit the driver? so to make a long story short. Tee'd the driver up, perfect draw, cart path, on the green about 12 feet away..........missed the 12 footer of course. but the wedge stuck to 8 feet.....drained it. I said to them. It was a 3 anyway i played this hole. hahahah

Ping G15 9 degree
Ping G15 4 wood 17 degree
Ping S56
Ping Tour S 52,56,60
Nike Method 01Pro V

I had about 85 yards into the green on the par 4 ninth hole. I hit an Attack Wedge completely stiff to within 6 feet of the pin.

But yipped the birdie putt... I guess this is a give and take world.

2 great shots today

One was a fantastic 25 foot putt that broke left to right and was downhill to the hole. Put it on the line I wanted and it dropped dead center of the cup

The other was on a par 3. I hit a terrible 8 iron and found myself 25 yards right of the green about 10 yards behind a tree. I opened up my stance, swung the lob wedge and watched the ball shoot up in the air over the tree, land softly 3 feet in front of the pin and stop 6 inches short. It felt fantastic, was one of my best shots ever.

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

Blocked drive up our 14th (Index 2, par 4) hit a big tree and ricocheted about 180 from green in light rough. 4-iron, set up to fade. Flushed, 10 yard fade, lands on front edge, finishes around ~15 feet away. Missed putt but the 4-iron left a good glow for the rest of the round.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Got my second eagle of 2010.

Hit a great drive and cut the dogleg leaving me with 165 yards to the pin.
Hit a 5i to around 6 feet
sank the putt.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Really striped a 3 wood downwind from the elevated tee on the 425-yard 16th. Left me 145 yards for the second shot. Still bogeyed, but of course.
In the bag: Titleist 909D2 9.5°, 906F2 15°, 585H 17°, AP2 710 3âPW, Vokey SM 52.08 & 58.12, Studio Select Newport 33", Pro V1X.
Home course: Lenzie Golf Club. Working on: ball striking.

6th hole 589yd. par 5. After a fairly poor drive, a shank into the trees on the left, and a punch back to the fairway I found myself with 205 yards to the green. I hit my 4 beautifully to within 5 feet. Of course I missed the putt and ended up with a 6 but man that was a nice approach shot.