IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

At Metropolitan Golf Course's 3rd hole in Mie Prefecture, Japan, a teammate of mine asked me jokingly to make a hole in one for him because he has never witnessed one before. After missing the green he said he would forgive me if I chipped in for birdie.

WELL.... I chipped in from 15 yards away and made his day and mine!

In my Ping stand bag:
Irons: 3-PW Titleist T blades, 2-iron King Cobra Oversize cavity back
Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action 56 and 60 deg 8 and 6 bounce respectively
Putter: Mizuno Brass Bulls Eye Flange
Woods: King Cobra Pro S9-1 8.5 deg X-stiff, and 15 deg X-stiffShoes: Asics Tour Gels

Funnily enough my best shot ended up in a lake! It was a par 4, 460 yards dog leg right. I not good enough (or confident enough) to hit my driver unless I have a nice open fairway in front of me, so I went for my trusty 4 iron. I creamed it and just cut the corner over the trees. I couldn't see where it landed but I was pretty sure I had made it over the trees and onto the fairway.

When I got up around the dog leg, I was greeted by a lovely big and hidden lake!! I found by ball about 2 foot in from the edge. I nearly cleared the lake too!

Driver: Hyper X
3W: FT 3
5W: FT 5
Hybrid: currently researching and testing
Irons: CI-9 4-SW Steel Shaft Regular FlexWedges: currently researching and testingPutters: Cushin AnserBall: AD 333

3rd hole, 168 yard par 3 with a 20mph wind in my face and a back pin location. This hole is usually a smooth 6-iron but I was under-clubbed with a 4-iron. I went against all laws of golf physics and hit the ball so hard I was lifted off of my feet. I usually play a low ball flight, but this particular shot went into the stratosphere with re-entry about 2 feet from the hole. This is more like my best shot all year.

Diablo. 10 degree, neutral. (R-Flex)
F-Speed 15.5 degree 3 Wood (R)
A70s 19 degree hybrid (R)
2009 CG-7 Tour Irons (3-PW) (R)
CG-14 52, 56, 60 degree wedges. (R)SeeMore FGP Putter (The charm of my bag) Gamer V2

Par 3 132 yards. Carry over water. Hit Sand Wedge 2 paces from the flag. Birdie.

you hit your sand wedge 132 yards?

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

Last Saturday, my drive went a little left into the rough. I hit my hybrid onto the green, but rolled off into the rough. With about 4' of green to work with, the part of the green near me was bowl shaped downhill away from me with the hole on the downslope, and my ball is sitting down in a gnarl of grass growing in different directions.

I took my 60˚ wedge, opened up the face, my stance and put the ball forward in my stance.

A short backswing and a firm swing at the ball, the ball popped up with spin, landed on the downslope short of the pin and rolled in for my first birdie of the season!

I would have had the best score of my career, but I shot a 10 on #17 but still had the round of my life.
In My Bag:

Driver: Titleist 905T 10.5º
3-Wood: Titleist 904F 15º
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20ºIrons: 4-PW Mizuno MP-60GW: Mizuno MP T 51ºSW: Mizuno MP T 56ºLW: Mizuno MP T 60ºPutter: Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

you hit your sand wedge 132 yards?

Yes i do. My last name is Haney, but I'm built more like Lee Haney than Hank Haney

In My cleveland.gif Executive Cart Bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifTour Burner 10.5* | cleveland.gifHiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Woods: cleveland.gifLauncher Comp 3W | Hibore 2i Hybrid
Irons: mizuno.gifMP-60 3-PW | cleveland.gifCG4 Tour 3-PW | Wedges: cleveland.gifCG10 56* and 60*
Putter: odyssey.gifWhite Hot XG #9 | bushnell.gifPinseeker Medalist Rangefinder | First Coast Golf Courses

Gawler index 1. Playing from the front 365m

Tight drive to the centre of fairway,

Hybrid 18*, uphill from 160m, pure as. About 12' away, bad read on the putt, easy par.

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.

Par 4, 375 yards to hole.

We were playing in our Thursday scramble tonight and I hit a drive down the left hand side, got a big hop and rolled up about 5 yards shy of the green. We had about a 10-12 mph wind directly behind us, so that helped, but regardless, I striped it. Chipped to 4 feet, birdie.

Had another about 340+ on another hole. Par 5, 560 yards. Downwind again. According to skycaddie, had 202 to the front of the green. 5 Iron pin high left of green. We ended up getting an easy bird.
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

Here's a new thread I hope to keep going (I've made it sticky so, like "What'd you shoot today?" it shows up at the top all the time). What was your best shot of the week? Drop by here once a week, think back, and tell us about your particular mastery of one shot or another.

Mine was 4/8,on #3 at my home course.About 90 yards,par 3. I hit a nice Callaway gap,it hit a little left of the hole,spun right,and dropped for my 4th hole in one since June,2009,all on different holes! One more par 3 to go!!! Rob

Played yesterday... got to the 15th hole... a short par 5 of about 475 yards. I absolutely YANKED my tee shot... it bounced around in some trees and then kicked across the hole and into the rough on the right side for a whopping 90 yard drive. I hit a 21 degree hybrid up the left side of the fairway which left me around 175 yards to an elevated green. I had to play it left... but pulled it a little bit and it hit a branch pretty much dead on and dropped down, leaving me 110 yards to the green. It was in a sticky, wet lie... so I pulled my pitching wedge and played it to the left of the green. Got it solidly but a little left again... worked out perfectly. It played the hill to the left of the green... kicked, and then rolled down on to the green. Since the green was a little elevated, I lost sight of it. There was a ranger at the top of the hill... and as I approached the green, he said:

"You're gonna have a hard time finding your ball." I asked why and he said... "Because it's in the hole."

Sure enough... I walked up to the hole and there was my muddy ball sitting in the bottom of the cup. First birdie of 2010 in spectacular, admittedly LUCKY fashion. I'll take it though!

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 5 rounds Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday during a golf trip with some friends. Our last round on Wednesday we ended up re-playing the same course as the morning round. Got to the 13th 330 yard par 4 and after a nice drive ended up putting my sand wedge just back and left of the pin. Left myself a tough sloping left to right putt from about 10 feet for birdie. Put a nice roll on it and ended up sinking it. Had a tough go of it during the trip but that put a good taste in my mouth.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

My best shot of the week would have to be sticking a 7 iron 5 ft from the hole on a Par 3. Sure enough I parred, just need to get my putting more consistent.
In my Ogio Bag:
Nike SasQuatch Sumo Lucky 13, UST V2 Regular | Nickent 3DX RC Ironwood 20° Hybrid Regular | Nickent Genex 3DX DC Utility 17° Hybrid Regular | Grand Hawk True Temper 4-PW Regular | Mizuno MP T-Series Ni 56° | 34" Taylormade Classic Monte Carlo 7 Putter | NXT Tour

Hole 3, Riverpines Golf Club: a 172-yard par 3 from the back tees, with the hole cut about ten yards behind the front edge of the green. The first time I played it yesterday, I hit a 6-iron on-line that landed about 25 feet short of the pin. My group were persuaded to make a second trip around the front nine to alleviate course traffic late in the day, so when I played it the second time, I used a 5-iron. I knocked the shot to within two feel of the hole, and tapped in for my birdie.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Probably not something special to most of you, but i got pretty excited...

I was out demoing a set of TM Racs at a course I have played once before. I got to the 10th tee (165 yard par 3). The hole is slightly elevated and there is a nasty bunker protecting it in the front. With some wind in my face I went with a 5 iron and struck it well. Once I got to the green I found I was within 8 feet (perfect distance, just to the right). One of the best shots so far in my short career : )

Played yesterday... got to the 15th hole... a short par 5 of about 475 yards. I absolutely YANKED my tee shot... it bounced around in some trees and then kicked across the hole and into the rough on the right side for a whopping 90 yard drive. I hit a 21 degree hybrid up the left side of the fairway which left me around 175 yards to an elevated green. I had to play it left... but pulled it a little bit and it hit a branch pretty much dead on and dropped down, leaving me 110 yards to the green. It was in a sticky, wet lie... so I pulled my pitching wedge and played it to the left of the green. Got it solidly but a little left again... worked out perfectly. It played the hill to the left of the green... kicked, and then rolled down on to the green. Since the green was a little elevated, I lost sight of it. There was a ranger at the top of the hill... and as I approached the green, he said:

Great little story, and I wonder how much time you would have spent looking for it if the Ranger hadn't been there to tell you it was in the hole?

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

A solid tee shot on the 7th left me 170 uphill to a plateau double green with trouble right. Choked down on a 5 iron and hit it to the back left fringe. My shot of the day was the 25 foot fringe putt, for my first birdie of 2010.

I still haven't hit that green in regulation, though. Maybe tomorrow!
In the bag: Titleist 909D2 9.5°, 906F2 15°, 585H 17°, AP2 710 3âPW, Vokey SM 52.08 & 58.12, Studio Select Newport 33", Pro V1X.
Home course: Lenzie Golf Club. Working on: ball striking.

My best shot of the week is really a best hole of the week. I got my first ever birdie. Hole 4 at Los Lagos Golf Course in San Jose.

The hole has a medium size lake that runs out about 200 yards from the tee box, I have a bad slice with my driver so I decided to just use my 4 hybrid and lay up on the left hand side away from the lake. I got under the ball a little bit so the ball only went about 140 yards off the tee. So from my position on the fairway Im facing about 160 yards to the flag with and about 15 feet up a slope. I use the same 4 hybrid and get on the green about 40 feet from the hole. I was just happy that I got a GIR.

My playing partner used a driver off the tee and hit two balls into the water than from his drop position hit it in the sand trap, ou tof the sand trap to about 15 yards off the green, and then finally hit a pitch wedge to about 10 feet from the whole. I had a lot of time to think about my putt, Instead of focussing on it, I just took my time to enjoy the scenery. So when it was finally my turn, after the 6 strokes my playing partner took, I lined up, took a deep breath, and made a nice up hill 40 foot stroke with my putter. There was a slight break to the right and my ball held its line all the way to the hole. Ker-Plunk, my first birdie. It was an amazing feeling.