IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Par 4, I sent the tee shot OB. Reloaded and ended up 210 out in the rough with a blind shot to the green. I climbed up, got a reference point, climbed down, and pured by 5 hybrid to 8 inches from the hole. Kick-in bogey - I'll take it!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Yesterday I drove the green on a 330 par 4, was pin high and 12 feet out. I had a very makable, but big breaking left to right putt and I lipped it around the high/back side, tap in birdie.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Played today and had an eagle on a par 5. It's short like, 490 and it usually plays downwind. Wind weas very strong today. Good tee-shot left me 165 yards out, hit a very sweet 8-iron which left me a straight 15 footer for my eagle, which I made. Had to be my 8-iron. It's not often you have an 8-iron for your 2nd shot on a par-5, so the green was veryt much in reach. Managed to compose myself and hit one of my sweetest iron shots all day, covered the flag the whole way. Great way to end a frustrating day.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

A 195 yard 3H into a 20 mph headwind. Nice little 3-4 yard draw to 10 feet. I proceeded to burn the edge with my birdie putt, but man the shot onto the green felt good.

What I play:

Driver: XLS Hibore 9.5* Fit-On Red (S)
Woods: Tour XPC 16* Graffaloy ProLite (S)
Hybrid: Exotics 3HIrons: Reid Lockhart 3-SWWedge: rac 60*Putter: a crappy $20 Academy putter (but it works!)

Ok it wasn't on the course, but at the driving range. There was a pretty cool froup of 16-20 yr olds next to me finishing up. I hadwarmed up with my irons, but was there to practice my driver. I have been sucking horibly on the course with it. I have a new Hibor XLS, and am dying to have one go dead center 240. So I pull this thing out and one of the kids says something about it's size right away, so now they are all looking at me. I tee one up, and as I look down I think "that ball is a bit too far back in my stance." Well just wanting to get it over with I did my thing, and let the club do it's thing. BLAM!!! Right town ther middle to the back flag 228 yards. If you've never heard someone hit this club, you might not understand, but it sounds like an aluminum baseball bat hitting a fast ball. So I continued smacking the next 10 balls right down the middle. Needless to say the kids next to me were impressed. As soon as they left I chunked on 40 feet in front of me. I guess i found the cure for topping every drive. Move the ball back. DUH

In my bag are
Hibore XLS 10.5*
Hibore XLS 22* 3i Hybrid
TA7 irons 3-PW, SW
CG11 60* LW VP #5 putter.

17-foot downhill slider putt from the fringe. Just trying to get it close and not have it roll 10 feet past the hole, barely tapped it and it wobble wobble wobbled back and forth and went Kerplunk! into the hole for a surprise birdie. Total smiler.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

I was in the middle of the fairway, exactly 100 yards to the pin, and I pulled out my 56 sand wedge, which I normally am afraid to hit. I had been practicing my full SW for a week or so and said to myself "screw it. just give it a shot."

I knocked it about 8 feet from the hole, the ball landed and checked up beautifully. I was using an "all purpose type ball" too, so if I had used a softer cover, that ball would've had some sweet backspin, something I've never done before.

Feels good! I hope I can hit this type of shot with consistency one day down the road....

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

pin tucked away on the far left side of a big green guarded by a trap on the left side...
decided to play it safe an aim for the middle of the green... pushed it to the far right side...
basically i had to putt from the far right of the green uphill to the far left side about 55-60 feet... i knew i had to hammer it an tried to lag that baby as close as possible to try for a 2 or 3 putt... instead of lagging... it caught the lip and went in... even the guys on the fairway said 'oh $hit!'
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

holed out 3wood from 205yrds today for a 2. #1 hdcp hole 441yds. only the second time i had ever officially hit this green in 50 tries. (been on the fringe, been long, etc, before, but usually well short)

does anybody read these things? does anybody care?

holed out 3wood from 205yrds today for a 2. #1 hdcp hole 441yds. only the second time i had ever officially hit this green in 50 tries. (been on the fringe, been long, etc, before, but usually well short)

I have read every post in this thread, and check it everyday. Someday I'm going to do something amazing/lucky and you better bet it's going to get posted here. I can't imagine how stoked I would be to watch the ball disapear in the hole for 205 yards out.

In my bag are
Hibore XLS 10.5*
Hibore XLS 22* 3i Hybrid
TA7 irons 3-PW, SW

I have read every post in this thread, and check it everyday. Someday I'm going to do something amazing/lucky and you better bet it's going to get posted here. I can't imagine how stoked I would be to watch the ball disapear in the hole for 205 yards out.

lol- ok, great. thanks for reading it. actually, i didnt get to see the ball go in, it was a blind shot over a hill. (also, i made an hole-in-one 3 weeks ago from 207 with the same club. my first in 45 yrs of playing golf. didnt see that one go in either)

lol- ok, great. thanks for reading it. actually, i didnt get to see the ball go in, it was a blind shot over a hill. (also, i made an hole-in-one 3 weeks ago from 207 with the same club. my first in 45 yrs of playing golf. didnt see that one go in either)

Well walking up to the cup after looking all over for the ball and seeing it there would be just as cool.

In my bag are
Hibore XLS 10.5*
Hibore XLS 22* 3i Hybrid
TA7 irons 3-PW, SW

It does not sound impressive, but it was to me. Par 5, PW 125y from the green. Lands 6 feet from the pin and stops dead. Then putted for first ever birdie!

It's a toss up between a 60 yard shot from the rough that stopped 10 feet from the pin or a crushed 3W on a par 5 (I didn't reach the green). The 3W was so straight and I caught it a hair thin, but it's the first time in a while that I hit a 3W that well off the deck. The 60 yard shot was really nice especially from the rough. But, I liked the 3W a little better.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Par 4, blind 2nd shot, left myself in some gunch/rough about 30 yards from the flag, also at a height. Didn't have too bad a lie, could see all of the back of the ball, took my 56 deg. with some bounce and hit a lovely pitch, landed on the exact spot I visualised and rolled to 2, maybe 3 inches from the hole. Playing partner was like, that must be a career highlight, he's right, about as sweet as it gets - wasn't thinking par when I first saw my ball, I must admit.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder