IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

im by no means a long hitter... but i got a hold of one today... par 4 #12 dogleg right... normally on this hole i cant get a good peak around the bend... i didnt hit the fairway... but i got that puppy wayyy past the bend on the left side rough... never been in that spot from the teebox before... musta been 260-270 yrd drive... wind assisted... but ill take it
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Three notable shots from my round today:

1. I got a lucky brush off a branch on my tee shot to a short par 4 that deflected my ball into the middle of the fairway some 60 yards to the hole. I pitched a 2/3 gap wedge to within 10 feet of the hole, and drained the putt for a birdie.
2. On a 220-yard par 3, I hit an easy 4-wood off the tee to just right of the green...where the ball plugged into the soft ground. I managed to shovel the ball out with my lob wedge to about 5-6 feet, then made the putt to salvage par.
3. At the 18th hole, I holed out just off the green for par. Of course, I chunked the previous chip Constantino Rocca-style to leave me in that situation, but I'll take the small victories as they come.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5Β° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17Β° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Two shots this week.

Shot #1: Par 3 170 yards. Plays much longer than the yardage. (up a hill) Hit a 5 iron within a yard of the pin. Best golf shot of my life. Made the birdie.

Shot #2: Par 4 18th hole. Easy hole, but wind was ridiculous. Keep in mind, I'm in texas where they postponed the shell tourney due to WIND! I hit a beautiful fade into the center of the fairway, but the wind is my enemy. Walked up and still like 230 yards away. Sliced a 3iron off the very right of the fairway. There's golf course construction going on, and I got a free ground under repair drop. at about 80 yards away still. Hit my SW into dead wind and fired for the pin. Walked up and it was about a foot and a half from the pole. Got my up and down par to end the ridiculously windy day.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5Β° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13Β° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18Β° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

Today - Yanked a drive left. Hit the second shot into the water. Dropped. Holed the 4th for par .

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

A lob wedge save over a 8 or 9 ft high steep slope on to a steep down-sloping green rolled to within a foot of the hole. It was all guesswork, since I couldn't see doodly, but I'll take it.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
PutterΒ :ping: 1/2Craz-e | IronsΒ :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |WedgesΒ :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTGΒ |WoodsΒ :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3WΒ |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

45 yard bunker shot into a steeply sloped, uphill green. Hit it to 10 feet.

In my bag:

Cleveland Hi Bore XLS 8.5* X Stiff
Mizuno MP 650 13*
Halo 22 Deg Apex Plus 4-E Apex Plus Gap Wedge CG15 54 Deg CG10 58 Deg Anser 4 ProV1x

498 yard par 5. drive went left and landed on hard pan ended up rolling an extra 60-80 yards. had 120 left and hit 52* to 1". tap in eagle.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

last hole of the 2nd go round of a short 9 hole course. 270 yd dogleg left over a creek. I grab the hybrid 3 and set on e perfectly at the 100 yd marker. ok so a great tee shot. no a 9 iron just long of the pin that left me about 30 feet for a birdie. No I didn'r make the birdie, I left myself 12 feet short. Yeah, I am still scared of over shooting the hole. Not sure why so short, but I'm working on it. At this point i am tied with my competition. he 2 putts, and i drain a 12 foot down hill left to right for the par and take down the win. Not sure the best shot, but I have never pared that hole before. Felt prety good, cause I have never won either. usually a tie or 1-2 strokes back. so until next week I am King. I plan to continue my reign from there, but we'll see.

In my bag are
Hibore XLS 10.5*
Hibore XLS 22* 3i Hybrid
TA7 irons 3-PW, SW
CG11 60* LW VP #5 putter.

drove a 330 par 4, flew it to flag-high about 8 feet right and it rolled to about 30 feet, just missed the eagle putt.

also chipped in for birdie after missing the fairway and punching out to 10 yards short of the green, it was a great 'game management' reward.

Driver - TaylorMade R7 425
3-Wood - Callaway Original Steelhead
Irons - Ben Hogan 3-PW Apex FTX, Rifle 6.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 52, 56, and 60
Putter - Scotty 2004 Newport Beach 1.5

210 yards out, 2nd shot, 4-hybrid to 6 feet.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

almost 2 holes in one today... both par 3's... one within a foot pin high to the right...
the other hit the fringe... rolled to the hole... bounced off the flag stick... about 3-4 inches past... guys i was playing with were freaking out... couldnt believe it... birdied both
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Greenside bunker shot, 15 or so yards, carrying 20 feet of bunker.
ball 7 inches below my feet, and I wasn't standing in the bunker.
For eagle, I lipped it out.

Talk about luck

In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5Β°
Nike Sumo2 15Β°
Nike Sumo2 19Β°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56Β°10Β°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

Yesterday 10th hole for birdie about 55-60 yards scary greenside bunk with the hole cut 15 feet off the edge of the green directly over the bunk. nice smooth lob wedge catch it solid nice height and then....... clunk! slam dunk! great way to make a birdie off a crappy tee shot. When the ball went right into the hole it took out a nice chunk of the grass around the cup. thats my shot of the year for sure.

Whats in the myΒ bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TPΒ taylormade.gifSuperfastΒ 3 woodΒ Rescue 19* Β 712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft) Β 

Β SM4 52*,54*,60*Β Β Β Pickemup 42" Belly Putter Β titleist.gifPro V1x Β adidas.gifΒ 360 footwear

About 25ish yards away, need this chip to get par on the last hole and shoot even fifty. Grab a 58, take a few practice swings, pick a spot for it to land and break in, then set up to the ball. Swing, catch it perfect.... lands great and rolls right towards the hole... and just past it. Ended up literally less than an inch away from the cup. GAH.....

Driver: Big Bertha 460 11* w/ Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue 65R
Woods: Big Bertha 3 and 5 wood stock shaft, Light flex
Hybrids: None
Irons: Viper Tour 4-PW -1", 4* flat
Wedges: X-Tour 52.11*, 58.9*Putter: Classic 3 33"The Thing That Goes In The Hole (hopefully): NXT Tour"30 minutes a day keeps...

Hole #4, Fox Creek Golf Club, Smyrna, GA; a 170 yard, slightly uphill par 3. A few weeks ago, my playing partner hit a hole-in-one on this hole. Today, I knocked a 5-iron stiff through a headwind to within 3 feet, tapping in for a birdie.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5Β° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17Β° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Today, I was playing a local muni, a good one too. I went 2 over on the front 9 and felt pretty good. I went on a bogey streak and I was 6 over on the back. So, I was 8 over on a par 72. I really wanted to shoot in the 70s, so I told myself I could. I par a par 3 and a par 4. The final hole is a par 5 and I need a birdie. My drive almost goes out of bounds, but hit a tree and stays in. I drew a hybrid around a tree and left myself 20 yards right of the green on a dog leg left. I hit a flop/high chip which lands short. So, I needed to chip to in. I told my playing partners that I needed it and I told them I would hole it. I take out a gap wedge instead of my 58. I hit a pretty good chip and I nail in center hole and it drops. Easily my most clutch performance I have ever had. Funny thing is that I later found out it was actually a par 71 so I could have just gotten up and down. Either way I thought it was dire!