IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

my best shot of the week actually turned out to be the best shot of my 30 years of existence! i was playing in a league match thursday night at my home course on the par 5 2nd hole. hooked my drive a little but got a good break leaving me with about 195-200 to the hole. pulled out the taylormade dual rescue 22* and and hit a pure draw headed toward the right side of the green. the ball landed just short and with the right to left spin, rolled and rolled and rolled all the way to the back left pin placement and dropped in on what looked like the last turn for a double eagle!!! i was stunned. never before had one of those, nor a hole in one or even a eagle on a par 4 there! it's going to be hard for me to top that one ever again! but i am still enjoying it!
**In the Bag**

R7 Quad M.A.S Stiff 8.5*
975F UST Pro Force S 65 14.5*
Rescue Dual Hybrid TM Graphite S 22*RAC TP coin forged 2 iron Steel SRAC LT Irons 4-PW Steel StiffCG 10 Black Pearl GW 52*CG 10 Satin SW 56*Rossa Monza Corza 33.5"R7 Staff Bag 9.5" & TP Red golf balls

Bunker Shot on 7th Par 3 - completely under-clubbed first shot - strong blustery wind caught me out

20 yards short of green

Sort of a chip/pitch with 9 iron as low lip to bunker

Caught it perfectly and hit the pin

1 foot tap-in for par 3

I am new here but I had to share....

I actually had two shots this week. First, I took my girlfriend out for a quick nine just trying to teach her the game. On the first hole, which is Par3, they decided to move the tees up for maintenance to about 150y. So, I was discussing the distance with the gf and this kid comes over and starts telling me what distance he thinks it is and what club he thinks I should hit.
I end up pulling a eight and knocking a gentle draw to about two feet. The kid and my girlfriend start clapping and getting all exited. I walked off the tee box saying thank you and acting like it was no big deal. later I told my gf that was the best shot I ever hit on that hole

The other one was later in the week, I drove a short par 4 to about 3 feet and sunk the downhill squirrely putt for eagle.

Now, if I could just get rid of those triple bogeys I would be golden.

Spyglass 17 par 5. Third shot with my 4 iron and bounced it on top of the rocks and into the water. I drop another ball and try the 4 iron again, it bounces on the same rocks and onto the grass

Par 4, flub my tee shot leaving blind 200 to the flagstick. Dead straight 5 hybrid right where I wanted to put it*. Get up there and it's pin high, 12 feet away...drain the putt. Birdie!

*Shot of the week!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Third shot on a par five almost hit the stick and went in. Too bad it rolled six feet past and didn't even yeild a bird. I HATE aerated greens BTW.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 today.

1st - 430 or so yard par 4, hill crowns about 230 yards (200 stake is at the top). Pulled the shot a bit with the driver but faded it back to the center and landed it on top of the hill. Drove up looking for my ball and found it about 15 yards in front of the red 100 yard stake. I average about 225 off of the tee, so for me that was amazing.

2nd - about 8-10 yards ahead of the 200 stake on a par 5, 3rd shot. Took 7i, hoping to leave a short pitch to the green. I caught it pure and straight and put it on the edge and bounced/rolled it to 4 feet. Went on to screw up the birdie and take a par, which I'm still happy with. The feeling and sound of a shot hit like that is amazing, but I don't get to experience it very often.

The rest of my day didn't go quite so well though. Quite a bit of hitting it fat off of wet turf...

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

my shot of the week came courtesy of my 58 degree vokey spin mill wedge which is the most versatile club i've ever owned.
I was on a 235 par 3 and hit a weak bleeding 3 iron that left me short and right of the green. Pin was about 5 paces onto the green and the green crowned off the front about 4 feet before the hole. I was playing bad so i decided to get aggressive and hit a stop and drop shot. I was about 15 yards from the pin, hit a mid to low spinner a little left of the flag, it hit just short of pin high, spun to the right, and checked up about 3 feet away.
this shot was especially satisfying considering how much work i put into that very shot everytime i'm at the practice green

My Bag 
Driver:         905R 9.5* Dyamana Whiteboard

3W:            909F2 15.5* Diamana Blueboard

Utility:          Idea Pro Black 18*

Irons 3-PW: 690MB Project X 6.0

Wedges:     Vokey Spin Milled 50*/Vokey Spin Milled 58*

Putter:        Studio Select Newport 1.5

Holed a tricky chip from 20 yards. Was about 4 feet down, needed to go up the hill and aim a good 6 feet right to have it trail down left into the hole. Farthest chip I ever holed.

pushed my teeshot into the trees... couldnt even see the green from the lie... too many leaves in the way... so i pulled my 3h to attempt a punch out... ended up picking it clean... i hear my girl go "whoa"... i run out of the 'forest' in time to see my ball rolling towards the hole on the green... tap in par
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

par 3 17th

210 yards to the back pin and I hit a 5 wood 20 feet to the left of it. I missed the birdie putt, but it's one of my best tee shots ever on that hole.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

Short par 4 today with water left. Decide to lay up with a 3 wood to about 120 yards left to the pin, which was located about 8 paces in from the water on the front of the green. Hit a PW to about 6 feet under the hole and birdied.

"Mulligan: invented by an Irishman who wanted to hit one more twenty yard grounder." -Jim Bishop

hit a long one off the tee which left me about 250 out on a par 5 ive never reached in 2...
couple of granny's were on the green putting... 3 guys i was playing with already hit their 2nd shots and were waiting on mine... pulled 3w and didnt think id get anywhere close to the green... so i went for it... pured that sucker like never before... posed the whole time it was in the air... everyone was watching it... then one by one we scream at the top of our lungs "FORE!!!" needless to say the granny's werent too pleased with me reaching the green on my 2nd shot... i raced up there to apologize profusely but they were pretty mad... maybe cuz i had a giant smile on my face

Played in a four-man scramble today. On the 1st (my group's 15th) I absolutely murdered the ball. A 295 yard, flat par 4 and I was a foot off of the green. Barely missed my eagle putt.

sliced my tee shot over the trees landing on the adjacent fw's teebox...
approach shot from the teebox i had to carry the cartpath... the portapotty on the side of the cartpath... the deep rough on the big hill backing the green i was trying to hit... and the cart that was parked next to the green...
pulled 8i... laid into it... watched it arc up into the air... landing pin high with some right spin leaving me a tap in for birdie... crazy wind today

Hit a great wedge right over the flag with the lob wedge from 90 yards even. Missed the putt. My iron/wedge play is weak right now so for me that is always nice. Hit a number of quality iron shots when IP but that wasn't often.

Brian

• Administrator
Nearly holed a 3/4 6I played over trees from a severe sidehill lie from 165 today on the first hole. Second swing of the day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades