IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

....So there I was....standing naked on the tee box of the 6th hole. Well I really wasn't naked but it sure felt like it since about 20 members of my family were on the back patio watching me tee off. My aunt and uncles house backs right up to the 6th hole and I knew everyone was going to be watching intently to make sure all that love, support, money, advice, and bragging they gave me as a junior golfer is paying off. Of course that was twenty years ago but that's neither here nor there. Anyway, back to my best shot of the week. So I'm standing there about to tee off thinking in my head that this isn't all that rough of a hole. 319 yards to the pin, minor dog leg left 250 out, with a green protected by a bunker and a few palm trees. This will be easy...I'll send it down the middle of the fairway a little light so I lay up for a nice shot to the pin...no biggie right??? Well I address the ball with great confidence in my shot making ability and just doggone know that my family will be really impressed with my game. During my long takeaway backswing I couldn't help but to feel that this was going to be an awesome impressive shot. With my wind-up complete, I start to swing for the ball. As a increase acceleration of the club, I feel un-stopable...this is going to be great. I'm almost to the ball...wait...something is wrong...something doesn't feel right...then...SMACK. As I hit through the ball, my heart sank, my stomach felt sick, and I felt ashamed. I look up and can't believe my eyes.....a snap hook.....grazed a palm.....bounces left.....and lands with massive force directly into my aunt and uncles roof-top airconditioner, then rolled with excitement down his roof, then down the patio awning and lands directly in front of my entire family. At this point I felt the 19th hole calling my name and wanted to get there as fast as I could. But instead, I sucked it up, got into the cart, and drove with much shame toward my ball. I could see in my family's faces the great disappointment. The golfer they once praised will now be the hack they don't know and will probably not want to associate with. They will probably want me to change my last name so there is no confusion as to who the real golfers are in our family. And I'm positive that my uncle will want me to return the golf clubs he gave me as a young boy, the very golf clubs I learned on, and the very golf clubs my boy will learn on. Well as I reach my ball, and get out of the cart with my best "I meant to do that" look, I see my uncle grinning at me ear to ear with a twinkle in his eye. What the heck is going on here, I just about destroyed his air conditioner and embarrassed the entire family....what the heck is he smiling at???? Well, I walk over to my ball and he's now laughing and says to me almost uncontrollably, "Haha...I just bet your aunt ten bucks that you would snap hook that sucker, and you sure as hell did...hahahaha. I told her that ever since you was a youngin' that everytime you had a little pressure on you, you got so excited that you got your hips through the ball early and snap hook it...hahahahha" At this point I didn't know whether to be relived or ticked off. I decided it would be better to be relieved. and relieved I truly was....until my uncle bet me twenty bucks that my next shot wouldn't land in the fairway. I'll leave the story alone and let you guys wonder how THAT turned out!!!

Par 3 125 yards to an elevated green. Hit pitching wedge way up into the sky landed a foot from the pin and rolled out a couple of feet for an easy birdie.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

17th hole at one my local munis. Horrible pull, leaving me hole high, but behind a tree. No way to get under the tree as there was a mound at green's edge about 3 feet high, and water just on the other side of the green. Can't get over the tree and reach the green. Noticed a 'hole' through the left side of the canopy, right on line with the pin. Remembering a old lesson, I took clubs out and stood on the face and looked at the shaft to see where it was pointed. SW pointed right at the hole.

Took about three deep breaths, a couple of practice swings to groove the hands, and launched it right through the hole, dropping it like a bean bag on the green for about a 3 foot par.

Had this stupid grin on my face the whole way into the club house.

Bill

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

160 yards to a front right pin on #12 at Augusta National. Hit a six Iron into the wind to six feet past the cup. Made the putt.

I actually have a picture of it. I know...way too hunched over.

I had an ace two weeks ago. Second of my life. Spun a gap wedge into the back of the hole from 138. Was downwind so the ball was trapped between the flag and the lip. When the wind died just a hair the ball fell in completely.

Had three good friends with me, so it was a great experience.

Driver: G5 w/ ProLaunch Blue (Stiff)
3-wood: Rapture 14 degree w/ TFC 909 (Stiff)
5-wood: G5 w/ ProLaunch Blue (Stiff)

Irons: 4-GW G10 w/AWT Stiff Maroon DotWedges Vokey 56.12 and 60.10Putter: Redwood Anser 2 Green DotBall: ProV1

Forgot to add, with respect to the post above, the bar tab after ran me about $80.

Driver: G5 w/ ProLaunch Blue (Stiff)
3-wood: Rapture 14 degree w/ TFC 909 (Stiff)
5-wood: G5 w/ ProLaunch Blue (Stiff)

Irons: 4-GW G10 w/AWT Stiff Maroon DotWedges Vokey 56.12 and 60.10Putter: Redwood Anser 2 Green DotBall: ProV1

some of the best shots i have happen during the worst rounds ive had... lol...
incredibly frustating round that had one great shot on a 215yrd par3... 4w straight at the flag... left me a 3ft putt for birdie... that i missed
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I had two chip ins this week (both birdies). Other best shot was a 120 yard gap wedge took a fade swing, hit it steep, huge divot (I never have small divots), ball went miles in the air, landed almost in it's own divot about 5 feet away. Nice birdie

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Last week, 278yard par 4, requires a draw over a creek that runs on the left hand side of the tee all the way up to the right hand side of the green, with the green raised about 2 yards from the creek, and the green sloping down toward the creek. put driver to 18ft, grazed the hole on the putt.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

11th hole at my local club last Saturday: 395 yards long, I hit a fantastic drive and left myself 73 yards in, playing as 75 yards. I had to pitch my 2nd shot into an uphill green with the pin at the back right, 8 from back 4 from right, with plenty of green to the left. I hit a 1/2 swing 56* Vokey wedge which I normally hit 105. I tried to grip down and play a soft, low fade from the centre of the green towards the flag and I knew I had hit it perfectly. I pitch 3 yards left of the flag but about 5 yards long, however I am renowned at my club for having unbelievable spin and so I knew it would come back down the green! It started spinning and the lad who I was playing with was shouting 'Get in the Hole!!!' Anyway, it was spinning back very quickly and hit the side of the pin! UNfortunately though it didn't drop in for an eagle but I was left with tap in birdie!! What a great feeling!

it was freezing cold... i had to hit a 4h into a 161yrd par3... ball felt like a rock... but man did it have a pretty flight... straight at the pin left me a 5ft birdie putt that i missed due to the severe shivers
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Not really one shot but several at the first of the week. 1st hole knocked it to 4 feet, made birdie, second hole par 5, tight chip 2 feet, made birdie, third hole par 3, hit it to 3 feet, made birdie.

Cleveland Launcher Driver
Taylormade r7 3 wood
Odyssey White Steel
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland wedges

par 4 390 yard at my home course. the hole is slightly downhill from tee 320 yards to a picturesque pond with fountain. i'm long off the tee, so have always his a 3w to about 270, then have a gw to the cup. recently (with a new driver) i've decided to be aggressive on this hole. i take driver off the tee to the 310 spot and take a 56 punch. each time i've done this i've knocked it within 10' and had easy birdie putts. being aggressive has its rewards.

SLDR 8.5°, Fujikura Speeder 6.2 VC X SLDR 15°, Black Tie 8M3 X SLDR 17°, Black Tie HM3 95X Tour Preferred MC 4 - PW (DG Pro X100) Tour Preferred 52, 56, 50 (DG Pro X100) Daytona 62 Lethal