IGNORED

Tiger's B330 Ball

Note: This thread is 2764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger's ball will be out very soon. can't wait to give his B330s ball a go

IMG_7871.PNG

WITB:
Taylormade M2 - 10.5º 
Taylormade M2 - 3w 15º
Callaway - Apex CF16 9i-3i
Vokey - 46º F Grind
Taylormade MG - 54º, 60º   
Scotty Cameron - Newport M1  - 4.5º
Taylormade - TP5X #7

You can buy B330S's right now.  

http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/tiger#his-b330-s

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
3 hours ago, David in FL said:

You can buy B330S's right now.  

http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/tiger#his-b330-s

those don't have the B1 tour stamping thats what I'm hitting now, Tiger's B1 is in a different box also and different stamping on it and its lil different from what I've heard

Edited by proto

WITB:
Taylormade M2 - 10.5º 
Taylormade M2 - 3w 15º
Callaway - Apex CF16 9i-3i
Vokey - 46º F Grind
Taylormade MG - 54º, 60º   
Scotty Cameron - Newport M1  - 4.5º
Taylormade - TP5X #7

• Administrator

Where? It looks like the same except the packaging.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The B330S has been one of my favorite balls for a while. Not sure I'd pay any more to get a Tiger-branded edition, but if they're the same price I might pick some up. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

The name "Bridgestone" will no longer be stamped on the 2017 balls, only the letter "B"
I heard that from our rep last month when it was announced Tiger would be playing the 330

I was kidding him asking if "TW" logo would be on the 330 for marketing or promotions.
He barked back at me "It's Not" with a few other choice words. :whistle:

Packaging is promotional, but nothing differs in the 330 ball itself.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

7 hours ago, proto said:

those don't have the B1 tour stamping thats what I'm hitting now, Tiger's B1 is in a different box also and different stamping on it and its lil different from what I've heard

I just confirmed Tiger is playing the stock B330-S.  His are stamped with the "Tour B" logo, but other than that it's the same specs as the retail version.

• Upvote 1

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, 1badbadger said:

I just confirmed Tiger is playing the stock B330-S.  His are stamped with the "Tour B" logo, but other than that it's the same specs as the retail version.

Matt Kuchar's was stamped with the Tour B logo today too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

46 minutes ago, iacas said:

Matt Kuchar's was stamped with the Tour B logo today too.

Yeah, all the Tour players on Bridgestone's staff are using the Tour B logo except Hudson Swafford...he is still using the traditional logo.

Tiger's B330-S:

tiger_2.jpg.48950205eba8d8d2a800611f117c8ec6.jpg

tiger.jpg.54a808ffe50d81f1c7c16e0b731c1e0a.jpg

Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

One other follow-up...the "Tiger B330-S packaging" is not a different version or anything like that.  These were the boxes that were used in the media kits that were sent out, so they won't be released to retailers.  Again, it's the stock ball, just promo-type packaging for media and other industry insiders to announce Tiger joining B-Stone's staff.

5894022f4209f_promopackaging.jpg.10218549893396a79cbdcce1b9897ac8.jpg

Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

• 1 month later...

For a while, I was baffled as to why Tiger would pick a second-tier golf ball (although I've always heard good things about the balls) until I read an article about how Bridgestone was manufacturing Nike golf balls over the past few years, so maybe they're the same ball and he just doesn't want to switch to another brand.

Or, maybe Bridgestone offered him more money and/or more personal brand marketing opportunities like these boxes of balls.

Chris - Single Length Irons Guy

No Driver (yep)
Pinhawk Single Length Fairway Woods ( 3, 5, 7 )
Pinhawk SL Single Length Irons ( 4 thru PW ) 
Pinhawk SL Single Length Wedges ( A, S, L )
Happy Putter

28 minutes ago, Single Length Irons Guy said:

For a while, I was baffled as to why Tiger would pick a second-tier golf ball (although I've always heard good things about the balls) until I read an article about how Bridgestone was manufacturing Nike golf balls over the past few years, so maybe they're the same ball and he just doesn't want to switch to another brand.

Or, maybe Bridgestone offered him more money and/or more personal brand marketing opportunities like these boxes of balls.

Bridgestone has always been a leader in golf ball technology and makes awesome products that stack up to anything else out there. Not only not second-tier, but some would argue they make the best ball on the market. Their presence in the U.S. isn't nearly as big as some other manufacturers, but they are huge in Japan and are well respected in the industry.

A little known fact that they cannot promote is the USGA uses Bridgestone balls exclusively to calibrate their testing equipment and for club testing because of the consistency.. Other independent labs do also.

It's true that they used to make Nike golf balls, but they were not the same models that Bridgestone offered...they were designed by Nike and B-Stone manufactured them to their specs.  At one point some of the Nike models were shifted to another company's ball plant overseas.

I'm sure Tiger could have gotten more money from one of the other companies, and whichever manufacturer he decided to go with would have used him heavily in their brand marketing. but he went with Bridgestone because he felt they performed the best.  They didn't "court" him or outbid anyone else...he called and asked for some balls to test (which he did with other brands too), he tested them on his own and picked B-stone.

Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

@1badbadger Ahh, ok. That makes sense about Bridgestone manufacturing to Nike's specs rather than white-labeling their own products.

Now that I think about it, one of the last Nike golf ball designs (RZN BLACK) featured "textured" cores and different sized dimples with lots of "sub-dimples" which I had never seen before on any other brands' golf ball.

I hope someone buys that patent so that I can try one of these balls out one day.

nike-rzn-black.png

Chris - Single Length Irons Guy

No Driver (yep)
Pinhawk Single Length Fairway Woods ( 3, 5, 7 )
Pinhawk SL Single Length Irons ( 4 thru PW ) 
Pinhawk SL Single Length Wedges ( A, S, L )
Happy Putter

Note: This thread is 2764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!