IGNORED

Washington State golfers

phillyk
Note: This thread is 2200 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know there are a few of us from Washington or nearby.  It seems everywhere else has done some type of meet up.  Is there any interest in trying to get together this summer for a round?  A few options regardless of price: The Home Course (South Seattle), Chambers Bay (South Seattle), Wine Valley (Spokane), Loomis/Semiahmoo (North Bellingham), Eaglemont (where I work :-D, South Bellingham).  Lots of others.  I can try talking to private facilities, but that may be pushing the limit, unless one of you are at a facility that can accommodate us.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

I'd certainly be interested -- I live in Edmonds and have been a member of the North Bellingham club for a few years just b/c I have some buddies that play up there (and north sound golf south of B'ham generally sucks).

Anywhere is good with me

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

11 hours ago, BallStriker said:

I'd certainly be interested -- I live in Edmonds and have been a member of the North Bellingham club for a few years just b/c I have some buddies that play up there (and north sound golf south of B'ham generally sucks).

Anywhere is good with me

Where do you typically play?  I used to play North Bellingham a lot when I lived in Bham, but I'll get there maybe a dozen times a year now.  It's one of my favorites in the Bham area, except when it's a windier day then it's no fun. haha!

Philip Kohnken, PGA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just across the border in BC, but I'd be interested as well. I've played some great courses in WA, including some of the ones mentioned. 

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

I am in the Portland area and would be up to drive to Chambers Bay for a round. It's on my list to play this year.

Michael

June 11th is not available for me, but if others are good with that date, I can still try to help set it up if need be.

On 5/2/2017 at 9:16 PM, mchepp said:

I am in the Portland area and would be up to drive to Chambers Bay for a round. It's on my list to play this year.

Boy, Chambers Bay in the summer would be fun but it gets quite pricey.  I may be able to get us a decent price but it's still high.  I'm good with that if others are, though.  

Are there any other courses people would like to try and play? And what months/days are people open to?

Philip Kohnken, PGA

• 2 months later...

Hello.  I live in Spokane and I there is at least one other member from this area.  It doesn't seem like a NW meet-up has materialized but I'd be interested in one.  I'm a member at the Kalispel Country Club in Spokane if anyone is out this way and would like to get together.  It's the former Spokane Country Club which was founded in 1898 but was bought by the Kalispel Tribe out of bankruptcy last year.  Great course if you're in the area. 

Also, everyone here seems to want to play Gamble Sands... Wine Valley is in Walla Walla not Spokane. 

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

Gamble sands would definitely be a good one. Yeah i meant walla walla, I don't know what I was thinking there. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA

• 8 months later...
Note: This thread is 2200 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!