IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge March 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2590 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3/22:  45 min. range session -- full swings targeted on mid/long irons (focus again on hand lead into/at A7; launch direction); walked 9 holes & hit some extra lob-type pitches around greens w/60° (short-sides and small target areas).

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23/3/17 - 10 minutes of putting work downstairs on the mat with. Trying to work on aim and alignment and really getting a comfortable pre-putt routine.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

3/23 - Filmed my drill at the gym. Couldn't find my foam balls so I used a rubber tee as the ball. I'm making some progress. Will try again tomorrow. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Ok, so here is the deal. I did my 20 min practice routine, except I had two glasses of wine and three stout beers. The interesting aspect for me was balance--given the alcohol intake, could I do my routine properly. I would suggest that I did and admitting that in some cases I crawled to almost a halt to do so. Whatever the case, I think that the challenge of balance while intoxicated is an interesting test for swing routines.

What say you?

Edited by Mico
Drunk!

3/23: 20 minutes with my pitching wedge and plastic balls. Several reps of slow-motion swings with focus on good turn and weight forward, followed by a slow, half-swing push/push-draw.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

20 minutes ago, Mico said:

What say you?

You don't seem to be slurring your words together in your post, so I'm thinking you were fine for some practice swings outdoors. Indoors, I would think lamps, chandeliers, tv screens, pets, and small children were at risk. :)

3/23: 10 minutes full swing slow motion. Reviewed notes from last 3 lessons and did some portions of focus on each element. Biggest issue I focused on was left hip driving around near impact 

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

8 hours ago, Mico said:

Ok, so here is the deal. I did my 20 min practice routine, except I had two glasses of wine and three stout beers. The interesting aspect for me was balance--given the alcohol intake, could I do my routine properly. I would suggest that I did and admitting that in some cases I crawled to almost a halt to do so. Whatever the case, I think that the challenge of balance while intoxicated is an interesting test for swing routines.

What say you?

I think it depends on which wine and stout! Were they out of a box and can or bottle and draught?:-P

7 hours ago, RandallT said:

You don't seem to be slurring your words together in your post, so I'm thinking you were fine for some practice swings outdoors. Indoors, I would think lamps, chandeliers, tv screens, pets, and small children were at risk. :)

You forgot small woodland creatures.

• Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

3/24 - wall drills, slow take aways  with transition to downswing

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

3/23:  75 min. putting challenges w/daughter.  Actually the first time she's been to the course w/me since my avatar pic (~7 years or so ago?), and we're planning to make it a regular thing.  She'll be 13 tomorrow.  Time flies.

BamaWade

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

3/24 - Mirror work at the gym. Focuses on a swing feel of pushing the right elbow more out in front at he start of the downswing to help flatten the shaft at A5. Also combined this with the Key  3 work.

Scott

My Swing Thread

24/3/17 - bit more preparation for next week's rounds. Went to the course and practised for two hours on chipping (gauging distances by pacing out chip shots with GW-5i), wedges around the green, distance putting and had a good 30 minute range session. Would have stayed longer, but it was crazy busy with practice rounds ahead of a competition tomorrow.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

21 hours ago, RandallT said:

Yes, I was outdoors so the only thing at risk was the rusted BBQ...

13 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I think it depends on which wine and stout! Were they out of a box and can or bottle and draught?:-P

You forgot small woodland creatures.

I only drink the finest "cartonets" so the alcohol content was not that high and the woodland creatures know better than to come near when I am practicing swings, especially after I have had a few.

30 min session. Sklz, 7 iron and driver. Stop at top, pump, step thru and full swings. 10 sets each. I was a hard ass and went back to the beginning of a sequence if one of the swings in a set of 10 was not right. 

Got to practice harder, el Alemán is back and Sunday we play!

• Upvote 1

3/24: 15mins (3x5) of various slow motion drills- backswing, elbows, left wrist, left hip. Final few minutes nice and easy swings looking back at mirror to see club path steepness. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

3/24: Played 9 holes this afternoon, shot 43. Good drives and great putting, but irons were up and down a bit. Great one hole, so-so the next.

I took my daughter with me, but she didn't play...just worked the camera. Haven't reviewed the footage yet. No telling what's actually on there so it may not make it into an actual vlog post. :-)

Honestly, I think she spent most of the time with the selfie camera on. :-P

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

On 3/24/2017 at 6:42 AM, woodzie264 said:

3/24 - wall drills, slow take aways  with transition to downswing

3/25 - ditto. Still working on centered turn

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

3/25 - some putting in the basement. Wrists are a bit sore so I took a break swinging with a club today. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2590 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!