IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge March 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3/17: Driving range and 9 holes from the front tees with my kids today. Not much time on the range for myself, focused mainly on them. Mostly warm-up and hitting to both sides of the target to check what I've been working on and make sure the result is the same with real golf balls (it was :content:).

Shot 2 over on 9 holes (7 pars and 2 bogeys). I think I'm allergic to birdie putts. Had 4 of them stop an inch in front of, or right next to the hole. My daughter was getting a kick out of it, "You know you're not going to make it. :-P"

Great day.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, thot that I could find a quiet spot in Mexico City airport to get my 5 min wall drill and structured swings done. Turned out to be a bar and a double tequila shot was only 7.50. Well, amazing how time flies when you are running a tab. Before I knew it, it was time for my all-night flight back to Chile! 

Sooooo, I missed my five minute workout. Tomorrow, we'll get back into routine and next month tried to complete challenge.

airport art

Edited by Mico
Include photo

3/18 - Mirror work at the gym. Focused on centered hip turn in the back swing, hips and shoulders turning through impact for key 3 work. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

18/3/17 - managed to get to the range briefly today but didn't do much other than making the backswing work transition into a full swing when hitting at the ball. Had some very weird shanks and the balance feels very different, but definitely getting there!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

3/18 - played today. Worked on pitching. Played well tee to green, putted like crap

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

3/18: Played 18 alone today. Shot a 13 over 86 (42/44). I had 6 pars in 7 holes and was on fire most of the round, except for a few doubles sprinkled into the mix here and there. Encouraging thing was, the 4 doubles I did have were mostly because of poor decisions, not necessarily poor shots. Hopefully I learned something.

Oh, and I made a birdie! :-P

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

We're back! 20 min. Sklz swing trainer, then 8 iron and driver sets of stop at top, pump drill, step thru and full swings. Can feel inside attack and whoosh as club closes thru hitting zone. Very charged to go to range and play 18 tomorrow

very good to be home

3/18 Went to the range today. Worked on mostly 6 iron and above trying to get path more left and closer to 0 deg. The feeling of moving the right shoulder out instead of down gets my shoulders more open at impact.

I actually hit a driver that started straight and curved 20 yards right! That was awesome. Haven't done that in... actually I don't remember the last time I did that. 

Also chipped and putted. 

Hope to do the 6 iron challenge tomorrow.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

19/3/17 - Range for 30mins this morning, still working on making that priority piece link into a functional swing and will do some putting work this afternoon on the mat.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

3/19 - wall drill....better I think 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

3/19 - Putting in the basement. Wrist and elbow are still sore from all the shoveling. :pound: I don't want to push it. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Great session on the range. PW, 7 iron, hybrid 3, 3w and driver work well with inside out swing. Felt good to hit with very little effort.

lost the swing at the end of the session before heading for first tee for 18 holes and disaster ensued

3/19: About 30 minutes tonight. Put 2 alignment sticks in the ground about 10 yards out. One on the target line and the other about 10 inches to the right. Practiced slow swings, hitting pushes and push draws with my 3w, 4h, and PW. I tried switching sides to hit pull-fades, but was hitting small pull-draws instead. After 5 or 6 of those I just went back to the push-draws until it got dark.

Jake

3/19: Just 5 minutes today, centered hip turn and firing through a simulated impact and followthrough. No club. Keeping left hip turning around, which helps straighten left leg 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

16 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

3/19 - wall drill....better I think 

3/20 - more 

-Jonny

Well, 4 days family vacation in New Orleans (no clubs taken) are going to leave me batting ~.700 by EOM.  I need to search for info on these wall drills...probably could've done those in the hotel room at the expense of the family giving me grief.  I look silly several times a day already, so it wouldn't bother me.  ;-)

3/14 (before I left):  10 mins. conditioning & plane work with OW; 5 mins (12 balls) short pitches in yard.

3/19:  2x10 (split) minute sessions turn drills & hinge/release drills; takeaway and plane work with weighted club.

Going to actually hit balls tonight (full swing); then can't wait to play Tuesday evening...weather down here in AL is beautiful right now!

BamaWade

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

3/20 - Mirror work at the gym. Focused on key 3 work.

Addendum: By some miracle, the snow melted enough in the backyard for me to set up the net and work some more on my drills. Got about 40 minutes in.

Scott

My Swing Thread

25 min. Back to my routine. Sklz swing trainer, 7 iron and driver. Stop at top, pump drill, step thru and full swings.

this Sunday's goal will be to keep the lag in my swing thru 18 holes 

Note: This thread is 2584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!