IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge April 2017

Note: This thread is 2553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

April 14th:- 10 mins full swing practice, outdoors, no ball. While focusing on the A2 position, I've found that if I keep a bit more pressure under the left heel, it helps prevent the hips turning too early during the takeaway. Arms/shoulders only (feel) until A2, then everything turns together to A4

Chris.:roll:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4/14/17:

Managed to hit a few wedges today. Worked on keeping my speed up and accelerating through the ball.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

4/14: Went to the range at lunch today. Didn't warm up at all and just started hitting balls. I don't know why I do this to myself. :-(

Nothing but huge push-fades, way out to the right (no trouble starting it to the right today :-P). Lots of thin shots, too...couldn't seem to hit the ground. Most of the shots with decent contact were picked clean. I finally managed to slow down a bit and started hitting straight shots with my PW and 9I, but still quite thin on the contact.

Oh well. Playing tomorrow, so we'll see. ;-)

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Eh...just about forgot to log this.

4/14:  had 1/2 day off work, so a lot of work on golf game:
15 mins. conditioning w/OW
10 mins. slow swing work w/Momentus, stopping at each position, pumps from top, dropping into slot and pulling shaft through to full-turn finish
25 mins. range session, focus on same keys as last few days with check being ball launch direction at slight push (for push draw)
15 mins. putting session, focused on lag work & feel
Walked 9 holes (was going to walk 18, but course was packed, and too slow for me as a single); got in a little extra chipping work around the greens during waits
25 mins. chipping/pitching session to close practice, focus on relaxed hands and weight forward (made for a good session)

Edited by BamaWade

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

4/15/17:

Putting this morning inside. Mostly working on read, bead, and speed. Used my 48" metal ruler for this practice.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

15/4/17 - Same as yesterday; five minutes of slow motion swings where I'm feeling the left hip really start the downswing and shallowing the club as a consequence. Starting to feel a bit more natural, but will be interested to see how it works out with a ball as well!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

April 15 - putting in the basement and some shoulder turn work. Giving the elbow a few more days. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

April 15th: - Further outdoors full swing practice for 10 mins. Still working on the backswing from A2 to A4. Making slow swings and noticing what a complete centered hip turn actually feels like.

Missed practice yesterday, was on planes all day from SEattle to LAX to ATL and then home to Santiago. Ran to catch one flight so there was some cardio...

Back home.

30 min

Sklz swing trainer, 7 iron and driver

stop at top, pump, step thru and full swings 

3/3 alt 7i and driver

used rubber tees from range to practice hitting a spot. Tees kept flying off so need to devise better methodology

4/15: Played 36 holes today. Stunk up the course with a 95 & 96. Was hitting my irons okay most of the day, but poor drives and a bad shortgame kept letting me down. Fought back in the end, though, and finished even on skins for the day. ;-)

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

4/15:  ~1 hour of short game (inside 50 yards)(all with ball); focus on center-of-face contact, flighting, and specific distance swings; worked on poor lies (including sidehill, etc.); finished practice with ~5 minutes of "fun/trouble" shots (backwards as if against tree, left handed, etc.)

4/16/17:

Happy Easter! 

Hit some 54° wedges this morning. Trying different shots. Mostly from 90 yards in. Didn't realize how versatile it really is. It makes me second guess having 5 wedges in the bag.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Happy Easter Everyone!!

4/16: 10 minutes practicing pitching with my sand wedge this morning.

1 hour ago, onthehunt526 said:

It makes me second guess having 5 wedges in the bag.

5? Damn! :content:

I've got 3: 56o sand wedge, 52o gap wedge, and a standard pitching wedge... and have been thinking about replacing the 52o with a 5-wood, since I never pull it! I pretty much use my 56o for everything around the green except a bump-and-run, which gets the PW (or a 9-iron). With the "quickie pitching technique", I just don't feel like I need any other club around the green and for short approaches (<125), a flighted iron has become the shot of choice.

Jake

16/5/17 - Just back home from Rome and back on the putting mat with the tempo and the RBC Heritage going. Still working on that lighter grip pressure and alignment along with the tempo

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

15 min

sklz swing trainer, 7 iron y driver 

Stop at top, pump, step thru and full swings 

3/3 alt 7 iron and driver

added 20 min of chipping drill with almost golf balls

score to beat was 3/10 in bucket and completed 6/10

finished with chipping in all remaining balls into bucket

4/16:  2 putting sessions (25 mins. morning / 10 mins. night); focus on adjusted setup w/shaft slightly forward of previous setup giving level putter faceat impact position; results execellent
5 mins. wall drills w/wedge choked down; 1/2 super-slo-mo swings and 1/2 65%-speed swings--focus on more squared setup (covering ball more) and better weight shift

April 16th:- 15 mins full swing practice at lunchtime and 5 mins after work. Had a short video session today, and am pleased with the progress overall. Would like to add a bit more left wrist bend to the A2 position, but will concentrate on maintaining the changes already made for the next week or so. 

2 hours ago, chris3putt said:

Would like to add a bit more left wrist bend

Make that RIGHT wrist bend (dorsi flexion):8)

Note: This thread is 2553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!