IGNORED

Gator Fight on Florida Golf Course

jsgolfer
Note: This thread is 2490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not sure I would've kept getting closer.  :-O

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You see gators every day, but I've never seen that!

Big dudes too!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

2 minutes ago, David in FL said:

You see gators every day, but I've never seen that!

Big dudes too!

I've only seen a few heads sticking out of lakes and one dead on the side of the road so far.

- Shane

An oldie, but a goodie. I think mating season down in here is April to July, so be on alert, Florida golfers!

Constantine

7 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

An oldie, but a goodie. I think mating season down in here is April to July, so be on alert, Florida golfers!

i don't plan on mating with any gators. ;-)

- Shane

I think Jet fan is right. I have seen a ton of baby gators the last couple weeks.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

47 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Probably a smart move though.

Constantine

1 hour ago, CarlSpackler said:

Yeah, you want to stay away from the University of Florida fans.  Stick with the Seminoles, they're much better!

:-D 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2017 at 8:47 AM, CarlSpackler said:

I've only seen a few heads sticking out of lakes and one dead on the side of the road so far.

Really? How long have you lived in Florida? I see them all the time in Myrtle, and based on experience and my knowledge about gators, they are a lot more common in Florida. Maybe Winter Park has a low population for one reason or another.

"Witty golf quote."

18 minutes ago, Aguirre said:

Really? How long have you lived in Florida? I see them all the time in Myrtle, and based on experience and my knowledge about gators, they are a lot more common in Florida. Maybe Winter Park has a low population for one reason or another.

It's been less than a year. I saw a few sunning themselves driving to the beach last weekend. Winter Park is very urban, so it's not hospitable to gators. 

- Shane

This happens all the time...the little one wanted to play through, and the big one wouldn't let him, so the little one gets mad and hits into him, and it turns into a fight.  

Either that or they were playing a $20 Nassau and the little one was down and kept pressing but lost and couldn't pay up. 

Quote of the day:  "The little one ain't that smart!"

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

1 hour ago, CarlSpackler said:

It's been less than a year. I saw a few sunning themselves driving to the beach last weekend. Winter Park is very urban, so it's not hospitable to gators. 

You might be surprised about how well they adapt. If you own a dog, keep it away from lakes and ponds.

Jon

8 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

You might be surprised about how well they adapt. If you own a dog, keep it away from lakes and ponds.

We do, but he is moving back to Ohio with my son in a few weeks. I'm sure there are a few around. I just haven't seen any in my neighborhood. It is very densely populated. Homes barely have yards and are stacked on top of each other. My yard has a 6' privacy fence as well. 

- Shane

On 5/8/2017 at 7:14 AM, jsgolfer said:

Not sure I would've kept getting closer.  :-O

No problem. They don't care about you! They only want to kill each other so they can breed all the females in that particular vicinity! Go to a bar on Friday night, you'll see the same behavior from humans!

7 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

No problem. They don't care about you! They only want to kill each other so they can breed all the females in that particular vicinity! Go to a bar on Friday night, you'll see the same behavior from humans!

or Walmart! :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!