IGNORED

How Many Holes-in-One Have You Had (per Years played)?

Midpack
Note: This thread is 2380 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I feel like I'm in good company after reading this thread. Zero for me in at least 30 years of active golfing.

I've only witnessed one hole-in-one in person. I don't count the ones on TV.

Jeff

In the bag:
:callaway: Epic Max 9.0 Project X Cypher 40 R 5.5
:tmade: R11S 3 Fairway
:ping: G425 4 & 5 hybrid 6-PW :cleveland: RTX 56 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2

I've had 17 holes in one over my 37 years. All witnessed in foursomes. Actually had four inside a 12 month period. 10 of them have been at my home course, "LOCHINVAR" in Houston, Texas.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/15/2017 at 8:44 AM, Joe Clements said:

I've had 17 holes in one over my 37 years. All witnessed in foursomes. Actually had four inside a 12 month period. 10 of them have been at my home course, "LOCHINVAR" in Houston, Texas.

That is a lot of hole in ones.................never played Lochinvar but its a very cool and neat place.  I am still trying to get my first hole in one, part of the hole in one club at Riverbend CC.

On 8/7/2017 at 9:17 AM, jflores81 said:

That is a lot of hole in ones.................never played Lochinvar but its a very cool and neat place.  I am still trying to get my first hole in one, part of the hole in one club at Riverbend CC.

On 7/15/2017 at 7:44 AM, Joe Clements said:

I'm inclined to put a few grains of salt on this declaration.  One post wonder only to knock everyone else's achievements out of the water.  Without any corroboration, I'm inclined to put it in the bucket with Kim  Jong-Il's claims.  I'm not saying it couldn't have happened, only that it's unlikely.  17 would put him right up there with the best pros.

• Upvote 1

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

I'm inclined to put a few grains of salt on this declaration.  One post wonder only to knock everyone else's achievements out of the water.  Without any corroboration, I'm inclined to put it in the bucket with Kim  Jong-Il's claims.  I'm not saying it couldn't have happened, only that it's unlikely.  17 would put him right up there with the best pros.

They say everything is bigger in Texas.  Perhaps that includes the size of the exaggerations.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

(edited)

For perspective. The average player has a hole in one every 57 years if they play once/week year round (so I'm lucky I've had one in 53 years...). A low handicapper has a hole in one every 12 years if they play twice/week year round.

"MOST IN A LIEETIME

Norman Manley, an amateur of Long Beach, California is credited with 59 holes in one, including extraordinarily rare successive holes in one on par 4s, a feat he achieved in September 1964 at Del valle Country Club, Saugus, California on the 330 yard 7th and the 290 yard 8th, both being dog-legs and downhill. They were part of a course record 61 (10 under par) he shot that day.

ODDS

A study made for Golf Digest by Francis Scheid, Ph.D., retired Chairman of Mathematics at Boston University, using all the available statisitics for holes in one, both amateur and professional, came up with the following estimates:

• Professional Tour player making an ace: 3,000 to 1
• Low-handicapper making an ace: 5,000 to 1
• Average player making an ace: 12,000 to 1
• Average player aceing a 200-yard hole: 150,000 to 1
• Two players in the same foursome aceing the same hole: 17 million to 1
• One player making two holes-in-one in the same round: 67 million to 1"

http://www.golftoday.co.uk/golf_a_z/articles/hole_in_one.html

Edited by Midpack

(edited)

And...

PGA Tour players with the most career holes in one

Robert Allenby and Hal Sutton with 10 aces currently share the lead for most hole in ones in PGA Tour play, based on information provided in the 2016-2017 PGA Tour media guide:

Here's the complete list:

Robert Allenby, 10

Hal Sutton, 10

Hubert Green, 8

Gil Morgan, 8

Scott Hoch, 7

Corey Pavin, 7

Bob Tway, 7

Lanny Wadkins, 7

Willie Wood, 7

Greg Chalmers, 6

Gibby Gilbert, 6

Charles Howell III, 6

Billy Mayfair, 6

Rocco Mediate, 6

Larry Rinker, 6

Loren Roberts, 6

Miller Barber, 5

Dave Barr, 5

Scott Brown, 5

Mark Calcavecchia, 5

Russ Cochran, 5

Frank Conner, 5

Glen Day, 5

Jay Delsing, 5

Chris DiMarco, 5

Mike Donald, 5

David Edwards, 5

Dave Eichelberger, 5

Raymond Floyd, 5

Jim Furyk, 5

Gibby Gilbert, 5

David Graham, 5

Hale Irwin, 5

George Knudson, 5

Tom Lehman, 5

Justin Leonard, 5

Wayne Levi, 5

Davis Love III, 5

Gene Littler, 5

Steve Lowery, 5

John Mahaffey, 5

Shigeki Maruyama, 5

Blaine McCallister, 5

Phil Mickelson, 5

Johnny Miller, 5

Bobby Nichols, 5

Steve Pate, 5

Kenny Perry, 5

Doug Tewell, 5

Tom Watson, 5

You'll see in the list above that Phil Mickelson has five on the PGA Tour. Other notables not listed are Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods with three and Arnold Palmer two. Woods had three in consecutive years in the late 90s, but hasn't connected on the PGA Tour since the 1998 Sprint Invitational. Tiger is also one of 12 players since 1983 who made an ace in their first professional start on the PGA Tour.

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/players-most-holes-in-one-pga-tour

Edited by Midpack

I've been playing about 15 years now and have one (in 2012). I've hit the flagstick a few other times and have a few eagles from the fairway on par 4s, but just the one ace.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

One for me, about 15 years back. Been playing ~38 years now. Been close quite a number of times, but only the one so far.

Couple of aces I like the stories of here in the U.K.

There's a plaque on one of the par 3s at Woodhall Spa (Hotchkin Course) where two guys halved a hole in a match with aces. Disappointing if you were first in I guess. If you get the chance, play this course!

The other one is at a course called Torksey (I think). Plaque on the 6th hole marks an ace (on a par 4) that ended a score run of 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Bet he thought his comp wasn't going so well after leaving the second green...

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

I have been playing for about 50 years and have been lucky enough to make 2 aces.  The weird thing about it was that both aces were about 4 weeks apart.  Both were in the summer of 1997.  I was about a 14 handicapper at the time.  It was on 2 different courses but the distance was about the same on each - 155 yards.  I would guess that I have played maybe around 1400 rounds in my lifetime.

Whether you are playing golf or blackjack or whatever, the streakiness (is that a word?) of luck never ceases to amaze me.

Rounded off...I would have to say none.  I came within a gnat's...uh...picnic table back in '01.  Since then I've got the "thump" on a few occasions; but nothing closer than a foot or so.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Zero zip notta one - been close more then once and had the heart beating really fast. 

When I was about 9 years old me and a friend of mine teed off from the Ladies tee on a Par 3, 95 yards away and I hit my tee shot right at the cup and left it on the lip.  Greatest time was how I did not want it to go in because I did not think it would count as a hole in one because I teed off from the Ladies tee instead of the Men's.  We debated it the entire rest of the round.  At the end of the round I walked up to Dad and told him how close to a hole in one I was on #5 but then I confessed I teed off from the Ladies' tee.  I still remember looking at him with all the seriousness that a 9 year old could muster and I asked "So dad if that had gone in would it had counted as a hole in one"?  He answered me, "What do you think son"?  And smiled and walked away.  He never answered me, ever.  Great memory

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

0-40 years 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 2380 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!