IGNORED

My Swing (Antneye)

Antneye
Note: This thread is 1036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

28 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Very OT but what does your shirt say on the front?

Rangers. You may have heard of them. They are the team who gets to draft Alexis Lafrenierre 😂

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, Antneye said:

Rangers. You may have heard of them. They are the team who gets to draft Alexis Lafrenierre 😂

Thought so! 🥳

I also know them as the team I've been a fan of for quite some time now being as a New Yorker and all. 😁

• Like 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

1 hour ago, RFKFREAK said:

Thought so! 🥳

I also know them as the team I've been a fan of for quite some time now being as a New Yorker and all. 😁

Golf,Poker, and The NY Rangers are what keep me sane. 

1 hour ago, RFKFREAK said:

Haha I used to love playing poker.

I miss those days.

Pre Covid I ran a live poker league in my community. We can't play these days so we took our league online using a private home game website and expanded it to remote friends and family. We are starting a new season playing monthly online in October. PM me your email address if you are interested and I can send you the details. 

Posting a short clip of my daily practice only because I like what I see and would appreciate hearing if others feel the same. I am limiting myself to 50% swings trying to eliminate OTT and stay on plane. My focus on these swings is to maintain a steady head through impact which is really helping me keep my spine angle intact and not raise my head at impact. The biggest change is that I am working on an exaggerated feel of laying the club down when I start my downswing and it seems to be working. I don’t see as much steepening of my shoulders at the start of the downswing.  It does not look nearly as much as it seems to me when trying to feel it, but it seems to be enough to have me on plane much better than before. The game plan is to stay with these slow swings until it feels natural and then start to increase the speed. 

Side note: the new hairstyle is what happens when you are planning to give yourself a #1 buzz and your wife says “are you sure you really want to go this short?” And you say yes not realizing that you never put the #1 attachment on the buzzer. 🤣

20 hours ago, Antneye said:

Posting a short clip of my daily practice only because I like what I see and would appreciate hearing if others feel the same. I am limiting myself to 50% swings trying to eliminate OTT and stay on plane. My focus on these swings is to maintain a steady head through impact which is really helping me keep my spine angle intact and not raise my head at impact. The biggest change is that I am working on an exaggerated feel of laying the club down when I start my downswing and it seems to be working. I don’t see as much steepening of my shoulders at the start of the downswing.  It does not look nearly as much as it seems to me when trying to feel it, but it seems to be enough to have me on plane much better than before. The game plan is to stay with these slow swings until it feels natural and then start to increase the speed. 

Side note: the new hairstyle is what happens when you are planning to give yourself a #1 buzz and your wife says “are you sure you really want to go this short?” And you say yes not realizing that you never put the #1 attachment on the buzzer. 🤣

Read this post from Erik. Think of the takeaway as “one piece” and, without using your arms to drive the backswing, let your torso, shoulders and hips start the takeaway. Just go back to A2 to start and do it slowly. The “one piece” means to keep your arms and torso in sync. You are still letting your arms drive the start of the takeaway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Read this post from Erik. Think of the takeaway as “one piece” and, without using your arms to drive the backswing, let your torso, shoulders and hips start the takeaway. Just go back to A2 to start and do it slowly. The “one piece” means to keep your arms and torso in sync. You are still letting your arms drive the start of the takeaway.

Thanks. That’s a really great post. I’ve been focusing on that but didn’t quite understand it until reading that. It seems like it should be very easy to fix with a little work. 

Edited by Antneye

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Antneye said:

It seems like it should be very easy to fix with a little work.

🤣

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 hours ago, Antneye said:

I know. The eternal optimist. 

If you work on it even 5 minutes a day, and do it slowly like in front of a mirror, it may only take a couple of months to get it so it’s automatic. Take a look at Justin Thomas’ pre-shot.  He does this exact move. He takes it back slowly to A2. It’s his swing thought.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

No video today, just an update. I have taken @boogielicious advice and am working hard on getting to A2. I played a round yesterday and struck the ball better than I have in a long time. This was the second round in a row where my distance was back to normal and I also went through a stretch where I was absolutely crushing my driver before totally losing it again. To be honest, I had my son giving me some on course advice with the driver and I kind of got away from my normal swing trying to do what he was asking. It worked for a stretch but then it got ugly. I’m going to just stick to what I’ve been working on since it has gotten much better even without the tinkering. 

The biggest takeaway from the round was something @iacas talked about in the Covid thread.....having a swing trigger. I added a slight forward press on my irons and the results were spectacular. My low irons, which had been previously unhittable, started flying their old distance with a slight fade. I am not a big hitter and my 4i is about 180 when it is on. I landed one on the green from about 178 and also had enough confidence to grab it after a bad drive left me with a horrible line that forced me to take a 160 yard carry over water to get back in the hole. Normally I would have just chipped sideways and still been a long way from the hole but I had so much confidence in the club that I just went with it and carried the water leaving me a short chip and a shot at an up and down. 

Other than the erratic driver the only real negative was my putting. I was pushing every putt and ended up with 39 putts on the day. A waisted opportunity to put up a decent score but it felt great having confidence with the low irons again. 

Just a few pics of A2 and the top. I feel there has been a lot of progress here even if it is not perfect. I am rolling the arms back far less and letting my rotation get the arms up. It looks to me that I am rotating quite a bit more at A2 and I am not behind my shirt seam at the top. I still have the issue of my shoulder angle steepening when I start the downswing but it is far far less than it was just 30 days ago. I went back and compared to my posts from then and it’s a pretty big difference.

Hoping to get to the range no later than the weekend for some new video. 

9BD86C78-D26A-49DB-BE69-83B6EF00CB6E.png

FF310204-F284-42B5-A3F4-55F7493C5B36.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm feeling kind of defeated today. I know progress is going to take time but I just really hated my range session and am now questioning whether I have even made any true progress. 

My irons are improved but still decline as they get longer. I noticed in my Driver video that I have the ball too far back but in all honesty I hit big pulls when I have the ball more forward. 

Just very frustrated today. 

• Administrator

Tough love time:

• You've gotta get that setup better. Stop with the deep knee bend.
  • Why are you making full swings? Especially if your swing is feeling off? Why not just stop at A3 and hit from there?
  • Why is the camera not along the alignment stick at least?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 hours ago, iacas said:

Tough love time:

• You've gotta get that setup better. Stop with the deep knee bend.
  • Why are you making full swings? Especially if your swing is feeling off? Why not just stop at A3 and hit from there?
  • Why is the camera not along the alignment stick at least?

Send the tough love anytime you want.  It's appreciated. 

Deep knee bend: Noted and I'll work on that. I hadn't even noticed that. Can I use the excuse that I was a catcher in high school? 

Full swings: probably very poor excuse but at the range I try to hit full shots and save the partial swings for my home work to see how that work is progressing. 

I'm still learning on the tripod. I thought I had it set right at the range. I will take more time on that going forward and review the film on the spot to make sure it's aligned properly. 

As always, thanks for the feedback. 

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Antneye said:

Full swings: probably very poor excuse but at the range I try to hit full shots and save the partial swings for my home work to see how that work is progressing. 

70%+ of the shots I hit at the range are shorter, slower, whatever.

Very few full swings.

It's a new week and I've cleared my head of the frustration I felt on Saturday. This week I am focused on practicing better. 

Priority piece that I am checking regardless of what type of swing I'm taking is my posture and lessening the knee bend. I'm also focused on cleaning up my severe OTT so I have rigged the setup shown below. It's impossible for me to hit beyond like 25% speed right now without hitting the stick. I'm hoping to stay with this until I can take full speed swings. I may not have the stick perfect and might be giving myself a little bit too much room but I figure I can always make it less forgiving as I progress. Throwing this up in case anyone has feedback on whether this is a good or bad idea.  

C6BFC354-304D-47D0-A402-FBB1DF4B7A8C.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!