IGNORED

who has your vote?

Ice
Note: This thread is 5953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

NH primaries are now over, so me have some idea of who the front runners are, but right now who has your vote?

to me the most important issues are immigration, the economy, iraq, stem cell research

after bush i was ready to vote for anyone democrat, however i have since leaned towards romney or huckabee, i do not support the current dems on immigration at all

my feeling is an illegal alin is NOT an immigrant

i thought i would vote democrat this election but romney and huckabee seem like decent canidates. i do like the tax deal with huckabee, though i doubt that would ever happen (ending the IRS).

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Liking Romney and want to know more.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Right now it's "None of the Above". Not a damn one of them on either side impresses me.

Crying shame this is the best we have to choose from.

Bag: Old Gunny Sack
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5*
Wood: G10 15.5*
Hybrid: G10 21*
Irons: Knock off Pings Wedge: CG-11 56* SW, CG-12 52* GapPutter: Rossa DaytonaGrips: Winn ExtremesBall: Water Logged

Do any of them play golf? If Hilary gets elected will Bill be playing in all the big pro am events, Oh NO

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I'm going to have to go with McCain. He seems the most honest to me.
Free Golf Score & Stat Tracker
----------------------------------------

Josh G. White
In My Bag:Driver: G5 standard stiff shaft3 & 5 Wood: V SteelIrons: 3100, 3-SWWedges: 588Putter: BladeBall: whatever I pull out of the bagWebsites:http://www.mobilegolfstats.comhttp://www.ridgeriding.comhttp://ww....

Right now i'm leaning more towards Clinton than Obama. My overall favorite is Ron Paul, but I dont think he'll make the ballot. He's no nonsense and straighforward. He doesnt sling mud and more concerned with the country and its direction. All the other candidates, democrats and republicans included, just bash one another. It's quite the turn-off and everything is darn scripted...just my two cents

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

Yes the only way paul makes the ballot is either as an independant or as someones vice president

i like clinton i just think, like most liberals shes too soft on crime and on immigration, i think we should get rid of birthright citizenship (ireland just did that)

and i agree with what u said, i also feel we need to stop trying to fix the worlds problems, and concentrate on fixing our own first

Yeah, not to turn this site into a political campaign either way, the republicans campaign is based on fear (it worked for bush in 2004), in that we're threatened by overseas zealots who want to take america down. then they go after democrats who's intent is in the right place (with social security, jobs, health care), but like john kerry in 2004, there's no plan in place or any concrete details of how to go about it...just we need to fix and change this. then like i said before, they each go after eachother and script their speeches, acceptance speeches, debates (god dont get me started on the debates...no one ever answered the questions they were asked...they just talked about themselves or other candidates...or used a scripted answer that you could totally tell was memorized). Again, i'm leaning towards Clinton even though i'm a Chicagoan and I Obama should have an edge, but he doesnt. If Paul runs independant or if he's someone's VP, that will seriously weigh in on my vote. Now back to golf...

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

NH primaries are now over, so me have some idea of who the front runners are, but right now who has your vote?

Your priorities are screwed.

The important issues are 3. Getting it in the fairway 2. Getting it close to the hole 1. Getting it in the hole 95% of golfers are Republicans so why bring that crap up here? I haven't been able to watch any news for about a month. I am sick of the faces of every one of those freeloaders.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

There are THREE things you should never talk about in a "public" forum...

You had to bring up The Great Pumpkin, didn't you. It's time to lock the thread before it gets ugly.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Yeah, not to turn this site into a political campaign either way, the republicans campaign is based on fear (it worked for bush in 2004), in that we're threatened by overseas zealots who want to take america down. then they go after democrats who's intent is in the right place (with social security, jobs, health care), but like john kerry in 2004, there's no plan in place or any concrete details of how to go about it...just we need to fix and change this. then like i said before, they each go after eachother and script their speeches, acceptance speeches, debates (god dont get me started on the debates...no one ever answered the questions they were asked...they just talked about themselves or other candidates...or used a scripted answer that you could totally tell was memorized). Again, i'm leaning towards Clinton even though i'm a Chicagoan and I Obama should have an edge, but he doesnt. If Paul runs independant or if he's someone's VP, that will seriously weigh in on my vote. Now back to golf...

i agree with that completely, dems tend to have good motives but no substance, but not like rep. are any better in that area, its like 2 sides of a bad coin sorry if some dislike political threads ill try and make this my only one, im rather a political nut

No one has my vote. Am I even registered to vote? I don't know at the moment.

The fact of the matter is, I find politics to be dreadfully boring. Boring to watch, boring to think about, boring to read about, probably boring to partake in too. I don't know how people can get so worked up about something and get their emotions invested in something that they can't affect and have no control over. I opened this thread thinking it was a late thread for ROY or something. In any case, someone got it right:
The important issues are

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

- snip -

Here's what I posted on another forum:

Republicans: Giuliani: Mr. 9/11 since 9/12. Let's not forget he ran a sanctuary city, left with a $5 billion deficit, supports abortion and gay marriage. Impossible to sell to social conservatives. If he gets the nod, it'll split the GOP in two. McCain: McCain-Kennedy will come back to haunt this guy. So will McCain-Feingold. And he's old - at 72 he would be the oldest president entering office, ever. Thompson: About as relevant as a typewriter at a blogger's convention. Ron Paul: He'd be pulling 30 percent or more if the media hadn't sidelined him. Thing is, he doesn't toe the party line sufficiently, so they try to ignore him. Then they ridicule him (listened to Sean Hannity lambast him just today). Speaks honestly, no bs. I really want to see the guy win, although it ain't happening. Huckabee: He's a "none of the above" candidate more than anything else. He appeals to evangelicals because...well, he's a Baptist preacher who, like Ron Paul, doesn't spread much bs around. He'll rally the evangelical and social conservative vote, and his populist message would ring home with Reagan Democrats. He's pretty electable if you can get past the fact that he's got no foreign policy experience whatsoever. Then again, Bill Clinton came out of Arkansas, and had no experience either... Romney: Massachusetts liberal who can't really appeal to anyone outside the Northeast...or apparently enough people in any one location to cause any damage. He dumped millions into Iowa and still lost. NH is going the same way. He appears to be plastic. Imagine a younger John Kerry, sans Botox. He's the one that says Islam needs to be modernized? He has a point. Sharia law belongs in oh, about the sixth century... Democrats: Obama: The new guy, who's promising change. He appears to be an example of America - mixed background, sympathizes with the lower and working classes, and is very electable. Edwards: Leftover from the '04 mess, I think. The money spent on his haircut could have fed an entire Ethiopian village for at least six months. (In fact, that could probably apply to everyone on this list...) Clinton: Ugh. Hillary scares me and I actively campaign against her. She embodies the worst of the Bill Clinton presidency - HillaryCare, which is actually wealth redistribution from the young to the old. Think about it - a 25 year old man pays lower premiums than a 55 year old, because generally speaking the 25 year old is less likely to get sick. Problem with her plan (in both variants) is it would mandate a flat rate for everyone, because government programs would be under even more scrutiny for (alleged) ageism, against old people. Uh-uh. I'm already getting screwed up the wazoo for Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid taxes, money which I'll probably never see again. I'm not putting another cent towards people that do nothing for me in return. (Seriously, old people drive slow, they are too slow on the golf course, and think we're the arrogant ones.) But I'm off topic here. Getting back... Thing about all three Democrat candidates, is basically, except for stances on the war, they are all the same. They all want mandatory healthcare. They all rail against business and the decline of the working class. They will all tax your ass off. The best election, I think, would be Obama, Huckabee, and Bloomberg. Worst election: Hillary, Giuliani, Bloomberg. Three New Yorkers... If it were Clinton and Giuliani, I'd expect a really low turnout. Clinton would win because many Republicans wouldn't' vote for Giuliani. I definitely wouldn't. Obama and McCain? Obama, hands down. Clinton and McCain? Clinton, because of the same reasons people won't vote for McCain. Obama and Romney? Obama. In fact, I think Obama has the best chance of getting elected, out of everybody. Followed by Huckabee and McCain. Giuliani, Clinton, Edwards, Thompson, and Romney are unelectable. End of story.

I'm a registered Republican - but my vote is none of the above. I hate all these guys.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

do u like what hes honest about? his immigration policy is horrible, i think he feels we should just allow all 12 million illegals to instantly become citizens

Yes, I would completely trust that the information presented on a Political Action Committee's website is unbiased.

Hey, you have to have a little fun with this!
No one has my vote. Am I even registered to vote? I don't know at the moment.

It's not too difficult to vote and unfortunately, a good majority feel this way and that is one of the issues facing us today. The vast majority have been left out of the political process because they feel their vote has zero effect in the end. If there has been a good thing up to this point is that Iowa and New Hampshire both had record turn-outs to vote. If that continues, we might actually see some change which is what this country needs right now rather than the status quo.

I would also argue that politics becomes much more important to someone when they own a house, have a family or own a business. I know it did for me. lamebums, your quote was pretty funny but I would argue there really isn't that big of difference between the two parties: They both want big, expensive government, its just that Democrats want to tax you for it now while the Republicans just charge it and make the next generation pay it off. Oh, as an Independent, ex-Republican, none of them has my vote right now but Obama and Huckabee (and Paul to some degree) look to be pretty good. At least I don't feel like I need to shower after I voted for any of those three.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

It's not too difficult to vote and unfortunately, a good majority feel this way and that is one of the issues facing us today. The vast majority have been left out of the political process because they feel their vote has zero effect in the end. If there has been a good thing up to this point is that Iowa and New Hampshire both had record turn-outs to vote. If that continues, we might actually see some change which is what this country needs right now rather than the status quo.

Well, voting for president in the general election, for me, would have

zero effect: I live in California, and the Democrat generally carries the state with a margin of at least 2 votes. So the outcome whether or not I vote is the same. I realize that this becomes a problem if everyone thinks this way, but I'm not deciding for other people to vote, I'm deciding whether or not *I* vote. Now, you're right that it isn't too difficult to vote. I could easily go to the post office, fill out the form, and get an absentee ballot. Making an informed vote would be time-consuming and difficult.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 5953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!