IGNORED

Conspiracy theories you believe in?

StefanUrkel
Note: This thread is 2450 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

13 hours ago, shortstop20 said:

I'm convinced that golf balls are conspiring against me!

That's not a theory. It's a proven fact for me!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, shortstop20 said:

I'm convinced that golf balls are conspiring against me!

Not just balls.  All golf equipment.  My rangefinder is particularly mean spirited.  False yardages abound.  

How else would you explain how I come up short so often?! ;-) 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

On 6/26/2017 at 4:33 AM, boogielicious said:

I don't believe in them simply for the fact that people cannot keep secrets. 

The Manhattan Project - which began in 1939 and employed 130,000 people - was a well-kept secret. They even detonated an atomic bomb on US soil during the war (Alamogordo, NM) during the war.

You can keep a secret if you only tell people what they need to know in order to do their jobs. I have 1. employees, and 2. children, so I am well practiced in keeping secrets. I think a good example of this is payroll. Compensation packages are highly confidential in most workplaces.  

2 minutes ago, Kalnoky said:

The Manhattan Project - which began in 1939 and employed 130,000 people - was a well-kept secret. They even detonated an atomic bomb on US soil during the war (Alamogordo, NM) during the war.

That was during a war, where patriotism was high, and penalties for indiscretions were even higher.  It was also for a relatively short period of time... Just a few years.

2 minutes ago, Kalnoky said:

I think a good example of this is payroll. Compensation packages are highly confidential in most workplaces.  

And yet, you know only too well, how often that information does get compromised in one way or another...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Ok here's one - a friend of mines thinks that other (not USA) countries have cancer cures that we don't have here. Not alternative herb therapies that you can go to Mexico for, but legit medicine in, for ex, Germany. 

Colin P.

1 minute ago, David in FL said:

And yet, you know only too well, how often that information does get compromised in one way or another...

Often? No. But do people deduce some things on their own, and are some of those guesses correct? Absolutely.

Once something is out in the open, then people forget it was once just a theory. Another example: only a small circle of friends knew Arthur Miller had a son with Down's Syndrome (born in 1966). It is commonly known fact now, but it was a secret from the public for decades. 

14 minutes ago, David in FL said:

That was during a war, where patriotism was high, and penalties for indiscretions were even higher.  It was also for a relatively short period of time... Just a few years.

The penalty for indiscretion in business, government, or a marriage (for example) is still very high. 

1 hour ago, Kalnoky said:

You can keep a secret if you only tell people what they need to know in order to do their jobs. I have 1. employees, and 2. children, so I am well practiced in keeping secrets. I think a good example of this is payroll. Compensation packages are highly confidential in most workplaces.  

That's a good short term example, but it would have eventually come out 50 years later.

The longest one I ever heard of from WWII was the Ghost Army project. The Mayor of a town close to me was in that and his family never knew. But this one wouldn't have had to desire for folks to know like the Kennedy assassination.

And again, these weren't 'conspiracy" theories. They were covert ops with trained people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Army

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, colin007 said:

Ok here's one - a friend of mines thinks that other (not USA) countries have cancer cures that we don't have here. Not alternative herb therapies that you can go to Mexico for, but legit medicine in, for ex, Germany. 

Mistletoe extract (aka Iscador) is, IIRC, more widely prescribed in many parts of Europe than Chemo. From what I understand, it has shown a higher success rate with far less side effects. The AMA is not, as of yet, on board with this. Not sure if that counts as a conspiracy or just slow to adopt. 

We (North Americans) also keep destroying forests when we could transition to 100% hemp for all paper products and many textiles. 

Edited by Ernest Jones

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

25 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Mistletoe extract (aka Iscador) is, IIRC, more widely prescribed in many parts of Europe than Chemo. From what I understand, it has shown a higher success rate with far less side effects. The AMA is not, as of yet, on board with this. Not sure if that counts as a conspiracy or just slow to adopt. 

We (North Americans) also keep destroying forests when we could transition to 100% hemp for all paper products and many textiles. 

I just looked up a little on the mistletoe thing, appears like that's an unconfirmed herb remedy a la Mexican cannabis vacations

Colin P.

16 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I just looked up a little on the mistletoe thing, appears like that's an unconfirmed herb remedy a la Mexican cannabis vacations

This is anecdotal but...my mother was given 6 months tops and lived another 5 high quality of life years while taking Iscador injections. Injections were administered by a fully certified North American doctor who had moved away from chemo and was using Iscador almost exclusively with her patients. Very high success rate with many, perhaps most, of her patients far exceeding their expected life spans. 

Take that for what it's worth, but Iscador is not hocus-pocus. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

29 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

This is anecdotal but...my mother was given 6 months tops and lived another 5 high quality of life years while taking Iscador injections. Injections were administered by a fully certified North American doctor who had moved away from chemo and was using Iscador almost exclusively with her patients. Very high success rate with many, perhaps most, of her patients far exceeding their expected life spans. 

Take that for what it's worth, but Iscador is not hocus-pocus. 

That is interesting. I remember seeing recently that Cuba may have a lung cancer vaccine that had some rate of success. They don't give it to you until you are diagnosed with cancer. Would be awesome if people with terminal cancer diagnoses could be allowed to try whatever treatments they want. What's the worst that could happen? They die?

6 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

That is interesting. I remember seeing recently that Cuba may have a lung cancer vaccine that had some rate of success. They don't give it to you until you are diagnosed with cancer. Would be awesome if people with terminal cancer diagnoses could be allowed to try whatever treatments they want. What's the worst that could happen? They die?

Agreed. 

However, back to conspiracies, the worst that could happen is someone finds a cure and screws Big Pharma out of their golden goose!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

26 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Agreed. 

However, back to conspiracies, the worst that could happen is someone finds a cure and screws Big Pharma out of their golden goose!

But again, the cooperation and secrecy that it would take to keep this under wraps is beyond belief. Don't you think somewhere along the line, if someone knew about this cure that they would speak up about it? 

Colin P.

3 minutes ago, colin007 said:

But again, the cooperation and secrecy that it would take to keep this under wraps is beyond belief. Don't you think somewhere along the line, if someone knew about this cure that they would speak up about it? 

Maybe people have and have been ridiculed as crack-pots...pushing Mexican cannabis vacations...

Who has more reach and media control, the one speaking out or Big Pharma?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

2 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Maybe people have and have been ridiculed as crack-pots...pushing Mexican cannabis vacations...

Who has more reach and media control, the one speaking out or Big Pharma?

I think mary J does have some good medicinal properties but because in some states it's still classified as an illegal drug, pharma won't look at it.  But now, they can't control the market even if they wanted to.  So, they try to dummy down what medicinal properties are.  Same thing goes with other "natural" remedies.  They can't control distribution, so they'll fight against it.  

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

1 minute ago, phillyk said:

I think mary J does have some good medicinal properties but because in some states it's still classified as an illegal drug, pharma won't look at it.  But now, they can't control the market even if they wanted to.  So, they try to dummy down what medicinal properties are.  Same thing goes with other "natural" remedies.  They can't control distribution, so they'll fight against it.  

Yep. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I think the conspiracy thing out there is that some people think there's a magic bullet for cancer, some cure all pill that Pfizer has in a vault somewhere, not the herbal thing that might work for some.

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 2450 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!