IGNORED

wine recommendations?

Ice
Note: This thread is 5830 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

man go for aussie wines all the way. western australia make fantastic wine such as leeuwin estate.

Best wines I ever had were in WA. South though, around Margret River. That's where I fell in love with wine!

• 2 months later...
Best wines I ever had were in WA. South though, around Margret River. That's where I fell in love with wine!

interested...can you remember what brands you tested?

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

On a budget?:
Reunite Lambrusco

Its a fruity red wine.
Serve chilled (yes i know, but this is one red I believe you are meant to refrigerate)

9 bux for a big ass bottle... and it tastes great for a non-wine drinker.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

interested...can you remember what brands you tested?

Chateau St. Michelle is made in Washington state, and they make a very nice and affordable wine. At my liquor store, they are $10-$15 for a fifth (750 ml).

As for this topic, the guy above me probably had the best answer. The Riunite Lambrusco is a decent wine, and the price is ridiculously low for the quantity. That would be a good one if you want a sweet wine. If you want something a little more dry, a pinot noir, merlot, or red blend would do the trick. We have this wine called "Menage a Trois" that's excellent. I'm not a huge fan of dry wines, but it's excellent! It's about $15 and is one of our best sellers by far. The name is kinda crazy, but it's good.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am mostly partial to Merlot, Cabernet and Shiraz. We picked up a Chilean Red at Costco recently and it was a great wine for less than $10 a bottle.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

On a budget?:

Man, are you in grad school? Reunite Lambrusco is so common here and, I suspect, in just about any grad school. In fact, when I was an undergrad looking at grad schools, it was served to me at a recruitment dinner.

$9 gets you the 1.5L bottle around here.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...
Do you have Trader Joe's in your neck of the woods? I buy most of my wine from them and they have great wines at prices that fit into this graduate student's budget. No, I'm not going to suggest Two Buck Chuck.

i'm not trying to be rude or anything but in Australia we call this goon.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I like a drop of wine ,or a few bottles depending on the occasion.The occasion today is Im breathing so Im going to open a bottle of Rioja Reserva (marque's de grinon)

Very good traditional style Rioja (Rioja dosnt change that much from one vintage to the next) A rich strawberry/vanilla taste with a hint of coconut absolutly supurb. Drink on its own (or with another bottle) best with roast Lamb.
I pay about £8 for the pleasure but most of that is tax (robbing bas****) in the UK.

Another good one Ive had recently is a 04 Semillon Tim Adams from Clare Valley South Aus .A white wine with a bundle of tastes on the way down.

I could go on but its time to crack open another one,

CHEERS!

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

I know most of you are talking about "Reds" but I am a huge fan of German Reislings, Chateau St. Michelle makes a great Reisling! Also try a pink Catawba, its a sweet blush wine

:
Driver:  MachSpeed Black 10.5 Fukikura Motore Speeder shaft

1Hybrid: VR PRO 15* (replacing my 3wood with this) 

Hybrids:  Baffler 18*, DWS 20*, TWS 23*

5I-GW  Mx-19 

Wedges - 50.08/54.14/58.10 

Putter:iN Craz-e

Ball: Pro V1x or Callaway Tour i(z) 

Kendall Jackson. Very good wines

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

Wine is like golf: The more money you have the better you're equipment (wine) will be.

First off I am a college student and I am working on a budget of about $40 for fun a week.

I enjoy sweet table wine compared to the dry dark red wine. My favorite is Deep Fork Red. I live in Oklahoma and it is from a winery around here. So I do not know the availability of it where you live but go with something sweet and you will not be mislead.

I also suggest Beaujolais from France as well as The Beringer 1995 "Nouveau" Gamay Beaujolais that's just out and is selling around the US for about $5 is an excellent one.

Because Sweet Red Wine can be hard to find I also reccommend a good red Zinfandel -- the Rosenblum and Rabbit Ridge wineries in California makes some very good ones that aren't too pricey

Best of Luck

• 3 weeks later...
WOW! good white. Honey Moon Viognier.

I'm not much of a white drinker at all, but, its 8:15 and still 85* here in LA and I've had this bottle in my fridge for forever. It was calling my name. I've never even heard of the viognier grape, but hot dam! this stuff is great! Tastes like candy! Yum!

No website on the bottle... Honey Moon viognier bottled by Tader Moon Manteca, CA.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Any wine by Gary Ferrell. Great stuff. Too bad it's really hard to find in NY. You Cali folks are really lucky.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Any wine by Gary Ferrell. Great stuff. Too bad it's really hard to find in NY. You Cali folks are really lucky.

No

Beverages and More out your way junkie?

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

No

Nope but thanks for the link. I'll contact them and see if they can send me a few bottles. I know there are some restrictions but we'll see.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

No sweat. I usually get my wine at the local grogery store. Like you say, being in CA we get good selections even there. Plus my Mom and stepDad or super huge wine freaks. But BevMo is great out here. TONS of selection and great prices! They have a second bottle for $.01 sale every now and then too.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

No sweat. I usually get my wine at the local grogery store. Like you say, being in CA we get good selections even there. Plus my Mom and stepDad or super huge wine freaks. But BevMo is great out here. TONS of selection and great prices! They have a second bottle for $.01 sale every now and then too.

I always wondered why Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohan are always photographed at grocery stores.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Note: This thread is 5830 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!