IGNORED

NHL 2017-2018

Themightyoz
Note: This thread is 2144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

53 minutes ago, iacas said:

The two were separate things. He was a great goal-scorer. One of the best ever. Still is.

Not to some people, and those are the people I'm talking about. The ones that said he couldn't be in the conversation as one of the greatest players in the history of the sport because he hadn't won a Cup, as if that is somehow a qualifying factor in the topic.

Nobody would say Ray Bourque isn't one of the best of all time if he didn't win the Cup in 2001, but people would have said it about Ovechkin. I don't know what it is, but some people just seem to invite more negative criticism than others.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, billchao said:

Not to some people, and those are the people I'm talking about. The ones that said he couldn't be in the conversation as one of the greatest players in the history of the sport because he hadn't won a Cup, as if that is somehow a qualifying factor in the topic.

Yeah, I've never been that kind of person, not for team sports.

7 minutes ago, billchao said:

Nobody would say Ray Bourque isn't one of the best of all time if he didn't win the Cup in 2001, but people would have said it about Ovechkin. I don't know what it is, but some people just seem to invite more negative criticism than others.

I don't know about the first part. I think some people still would have.

People still say it about Dan Marino, after all, no?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't know about the first part. I think some people still would have.

People still say it about Dan Marino, after all, no?

True. I should know better than to use absolutes.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Yeah. That's pretty weird.

Both are pretty solid players. It's almost always a bad thing when the wife/girlfriends end up making big news.

I’m trying to reserve judgement until some real facts come out.  

But if this story turns out to be true, what a train wreck Ottawa is going to be.  From their goofball owner to this, I’d hate to be a supporter of the Sens right now.  

Corey

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

I’m trying to reserve judgement until some real facts come out.  

But if this story turns out to be true, what a train wreck Ottawa is going to be.  From their goofball owner to this, I’d hate to be a supporter of the Sens right now.  

I thought he died or something?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

I thought he died or something?

Nope.  You’re thinking of Bryan Murray, who was their GM until his passing last year or the year before that.  

Corey

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Nope.  You’re thinking of Bryan Murray, who was their GM until his passing last year or the year before that.  

Yes, that's it. Melnyk has been the subject of the "Get Melnyk Out" billboard campaigns in Ottawa lately.

Thank you @Warren Zevon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 2144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!