Jump to content
Themightyoz

NHL 2017-2018

225 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, iacas said:

The two were separate things. He was a great goal-scorer. One of the best ever. Still is.

Not to some people, and those are the people I'm talking about. The ones that said he couldn't be in the conversation as one of the greatest players in the history of the sport because he hadn't won a Cup, as if that is somehow a qualifying factor in the topic.

Nobody would say Ray Bourque isn't one of the best of all time if he didn't win the Cup in 2001, but people would have said it about Ovechkin. I don't know what it is, but some people just seem to invite more negative criticism than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

7 minutes ago, billchao said:

Not to some people, and those are the people I'm talking about. The ones that said he couldn't be in the conversation as one of the greatest players in the history of the sport because he hadn't won a Cup, as if that is somehow a qualifying factor in the topic.

Yeah, I've never been that kind of person, not for team sports.

7 minutes ago, billchao said:

Nobody would say Ray Bourque isn't one of the best of all time if he didn't win the Cup in 2001, but people would have said it about Ovechkin. I don't know what it is, but some people just seem to invite more negative criticism than others.

I don't know about the first part. I think some people still would have.

People still say it about Dan Marino, after all, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't know about the first part. I think some people still would have.

People still say it about Dan Marino, after all, no?

True. I should know better than to use absolutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Yeah. That's pretty weird.

Both are pretty solid players. It's almost always a bad thing when the wife/girlfriends end up making big news.

I’m trying to reserve judgement until some real facts come out.  

But if this story turns out to be true, what a train wreck Ottawa is going to be.  From their goofball owner to this, I’d hate to be a supporter of the Sens right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

I’m trying to reserve judgement until some real facts come out.  

But if this story turns out to be true, what a train wreck Ottawa is going to be.  From their goofball owner to this, I’d hate to be a supporter of the Sens right now.  

I thought he died or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

I thought he died or something?

Nope.  You’re thinking of Bryan Murray, who was their GM until his passing last year or the year before that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Nope.  You’re thinking of Bryan Murray, who was their GM until his passing last year or the year before that.  

Yes, that's it. Melnyk has been the subject of the "Get Melnyk Out" billboard campaigns in Ottawa lately.

Thank you @Warren Zevon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...