IGNORED

A Pathway being set up to the PGA TOUR for stand out Chinese golfers..

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 2372 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

It's a video, and not text, and I'm not in a place to watch it now. So I don't have any thoughts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's twice as long because interpreter, so didn't watch it either, will later, but guessing below is the crux. The comments for the video are awfully xenophobic. The top players from the China tour will have to get to the PGA Tour by playing well on the Web.com Tour just like everyone else. It is not a gift wrapped spot on the tour. The two Chinese players who got their card for 2018 earned their tour cards via top money earnings, high finishes on Web.com. This is a win-win situation. PGA Tour gets more eyes, more licensing money, more exposure, China gets a chance to get their players on the tour without having to base themselves in Europe or the US or wherever there's a PGA developmental tour.

The PGA TOUR, the world’s premier membership organization for touring professional golfers, is once again partnering with the China Golf Association and is announcing the TOUR will operate PGA TOUR-China in 2018. The PGA TOUR-China schedule will consist of a full schedule of tournaments and will begin in spring 2018, with each event offering a prize purse of at least 1.5 million RMB, up from 1.2 million RMB in 2016. As is the case with all three PGA TOUR international developmental Tours, PGA TOUR-China will provide players a path to the PGA TOUR through the Web.com Tour, with the top-five money-winners at season’s end earning 2019 Web.com Tour membership. In addition, there will be at least 15 additional players who will have access to the latter stages of the Web.com Tour Qualifying Tournament.

https://www.pgatour.com/pga-tour-china/news/2017/10/24/pga-tour-china-2018.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-golf-pga-china/golf-pga-tour-china-series-back-next-year-after-hiatus-idUSKBN1CU0NX

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

As @Buckeyebowman stated, so long as the standards are the same for everyone, it doesn't bother me in the least. 

I didn't get through the video to hear any of the details. If the plan is to remove unfair obstacles that already exist, great. If it's to give athletes from one country an advantage over athletes from another, I wouldn't like it.

Honestly, I just don't care enough for professional athletes to get that fired up about it either way. 

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

It will be interesting to see how things unfold.

The Chinese Communist Party has always been an opponent of bourgeois golf. Golf courses have gotten hung up recently in the party's crackdown on political corruption.

Many of the golf courses in mainland China are technically illegal, being built under the cover of sports clubs. Despite this, China has some 10-course golf resorts.

I'll have to do some current reading from different sources to get an idea of how this plays out.

I wonder if Trump can get new pal Xi Jinping to loosen up on party rules?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

21 minutes ago, WUTiger said:

It will be interesting to see how things unfold.

The Chinese Communist Party has always been an opponent of bourgeois golf. Golf courses have gotten hung up recently in the party's crackdown on political corruption.

Many of the golf courses in mainland China are technically illegal, being built under the cover of sports clubs. Despite this, China has some 10-course golf resorts.

I'll have to do some current reading from different sources to get an idea of how this plays out.

I wonder if Trump can get new pal Xi Jinping to loosen up on party rules?

I should’ve just tagged you when I first made the post. I was curious to get your input and knew you’d have a good take on it. Could be interesting how it all unfolds.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 2372 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!