IGNORED

The Sand Trap vs. GolfWRX

ram22592
Note: This thread is 5881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been a member of this forum for a while now, but have just recently started getting into it. However, I am very big into tour player, club info and photos, and have noticed every time I search for prototypes or future product lines on Google, GolfWRX comes up with photos. I just joined GolfWRX earlier this evening, and am still waiting to be "approved" so I will have posting and searching privileges.

I think I will still use this forum a lot, but with my focus more on the "what's in the bag" and other tour talk GolfWRX seems like it would be more enlightening.

How many of you use GolfWRX?

Thanks
What's In My Bag:

907D2 9.5° UST PROFORCE V2 75-S
PT 906F2 15° UST PROFORCE V2 FAIRWAY 75-S
PT 585.H 19° Aldila NV Hybrid 85-SMP-32 (3-P) True Temper DG R300Vokey Design SM58.08 & SM54.14 True Temper DG S200Studio Stainless Newport 2 34" 340GPRO V1x Classics Tour Style #51602Pinseeker 1500...

I use Golfwrx and Bomb Squad Golf. (BSG) Golf wrx seems a more civil forum and Bomb Squad is hustling tour equipment for low handicappers. IMO (also, lurk more than post, I 'm looking for input not worrying about putting my opinion on anyone else.) Of course, I have just done that but I just answered ur poll question.

I voted for....

The Sand Trap!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I use Sand Trap and Shot Talk. I'm not a fan of huge forums - I feel as if I need to bump my thread three times a day lest it fall into obscurity, five pages back.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I use Golf Rewind for small topics, sand trap for polls and things, and GolfWRX for the latest info, and input on clubs, its a very active website.

Driver:10 degree HS9 F speed Stock Regular
FW: 15 degree sasquatch stiff
906F4 18.5 V2 proforce stiff
Hybrid: 21 585H V2 Proforce stiff
Irons: Cobra Fp 4-PW Nippon StiffWedges: CG12 56 degree Wedge Flex Putter: Rossa agsi+ Daytona 1 35"

Personally I spend a lot more of time on Golfwrx.

This is probably because I have become an equipment-obsessed golfer.

Oh well.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

The only down point of this forum is the lack of posts, WRX seems to be a lot more active, although I prefer this forum :).

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I really like the sandtrap, mainly because I have been a member for several years on another forum that also uses vBulletin.

I guess I just got used to the format and function of the vBulletin DB's.

I do like some other large DB's for the content, but prefer the ones powered by vBulletin after spending so many years with it.

I like this forum. GolfWRX just feels too big. On the upside it's very active.
In My Grom Stand Bag:

Driver:
Big Bertha 460 Graphite 10°
Woods: Big Bertha 3&5 Graphite
Hybrid: r7 Rescue 19° Irons: 06 Big Bertha #4-SWPutter: 35 in. Rossie Mallet *Soon to be Bettinardi C03H 34"Ball: ProV1x

I hate golf wrx--if you say something that "they" dont agree with they kick you out. The SAnd Trap is the best forum in golf bar none in my opinion

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

The Sand Trap has a much easier volume of postings to keep up with. GolfWRX has been driving me nuts recently with so many near identical 'I'm this handicap, can I play these irons?' threads. In both cases it would be better if newbies were better at searching before starting new threads on already covered topics.

In My Bag:
Driver: isi-T 11.5
3-Wood: X-Hot 15
Irons: isi-K 3 - SW2 + LW
Putter: Anser 2i

The Sand Trap has a much easier volume of postings to keep up with. GolfWRX has been driving me nuts recently with so many near identical 'I'm this handicap, can I play these irons?' threads.

Amen. I enjoy GolfWRX but rarely post on it. I prefer the general tone here. "Friendlier" isn't really the right word, but it's something like that. Also, GolfWRX's interface makes my eyes bleed. I find it impossible to spend more than 20 or so minutes over there.

Driver: FT-3 Tour 10.5, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 75-S
FW: Insight XTD Pro FP400F 14.5, Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ FW Stiff
Hybrids: G10 18 / 21, AWT Stiff
Irons: Steelhead X-14 PS 4-A, DG S300
Wedge: Vokey SM58.12Putter: 35" Studio Design 1.5Ball: B330, Z Star X or AD333, or D2 Feel...

Why do we even need this topic?

I use both. No option for that.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

Why do we even need this topic?

The question is "which do you prefer", not which one do you use.
What's In My Bag:

907D2 9.5° UST PROFORCE V2 75-S
PT 906F2 15° UST PROFORCE V2 FAIRWAY 75-S
PT 585.H 19° Aldila NV Hybrid 85-SMP-32 (3-P) True Temper DG R300Vokey Design SM58.08 & SM54.14 True Temper DG S200Studio Stainless Newport 2 34" 340GPRO V1x Classics Tour Style #51602Pinseeker 1500...

• Administrator
Uhm, I prefer this one. Go figure.

BTW, this forum is smaller than GolfWRX on purpose. I'd kick people out and limit post counts if we ever became as busy as GolfWRX's forum.

Also, GolfWRX is a Sand Trap partner. Our articles are automatically posted there, in fact.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Never said small was a bad thing

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

The setup of Sand Trap is far superior to WRX, but Golf WRX is much more active and is second to none in posts.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

Note: This thread is 5881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!