5,694 posts / 288489 viewsLast Reply

Day 101 - April 8, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

Some mirror work today. Man, it'd be nice to be able to play golf.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 123

COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge day 8 putting drills. Also wanted to make some full swing work so used a 4-hybrid to repeat the COVID-19 day 5 drills first with 10 balls, then 10 more balls with a full swing. 

More grip work;  placing hands carefully on the club, slow swing back, on downswing checking positions at A5 and A6, seeing that the clubface isn't anywhere near as bad as it was a few days ago, to impact, rewind to A6, then forward to hit.  Off a mat, into a net, combination of whiffle foam and real golf balls.  6-iron.  Really aching to get back to the other COVID drills from Erik but I felt this was a priority. 

Day 40 - Got out before the rain to practice this morning.

1. Warmed up with partial wedges.
  2. Then I worked on driver center face contact. I will keep doing this one. At first, I was all over the place. But then with some focus on set up, I can do much better.
  3. Moved onto my priority piece drill with driver and 6 irons for about 15 minutes.
  4. Worked then on chips and pitches in the yard to replicate course conditions. Used the feels from the COVID drills for that.
  5. Finished with the Day 9 COVID drills before it started raining.

Day 4.  I think I'm done re-doing the 2020April drills' day 4 drill (video about to be posted to that thread) in the short term, having made the improvement I need.  Going to aim to catch up with the thread.

Today was that drill, several times, including video. 

Day 124

COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge day 9 arm speed drills. Did this twice because it felt like good exercise. Also tested out my newly assembled irons by hitting 5 balls with 4-GW. No heads flew off, so pleased with that. Today was meant to be a superspeed day as well but the COVID-19 challenge was enough golf related core workout for one day. 

Day 41 - Day 10 COVID drills the. Worked on my priority piece with driver and 6 iron. Finished with chipping and pitching.

Day 103 - April 10, 2020

Some mirror work today, again. Looking to get back to full swings soon.

Day 125

COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge day 10 drills, and a superspeed session.

Day 42- Did the Day 11 putting drill. Later worked a bit in my priority piece.  Then worked on center face contact with driver and six iron. Finished with chips and pitching. 

Day 104 - April 11, 2020

Muscle strain still not really fully healed, but I could make some swings at about 70% speed. More than the other day, and more comfortable doing so.

Day 10: COVID challenge Day 11, putting pendulums x 45 mins on a putting green.

the pendulum method definitely was giving me more predictable putting distances, but my ability to adapt my pendulum length to match putt distance and slope (uphill, downhill) was less than stellar. But, all things in time. This was a good learning experience and I hope to make this a part of my game

Day 126

Did some work in daylight with a 7-iron, working on adding a trigger and tiny bit of flow back into my swing, while also focusing on making a full turn, which I get in the habit of cheating. A full turn for me is when I start to feel a bit of tension in my trail glute and hamstring, so I made a couple rehearsal back swings to feel this before a swing with a ball. After it got too dark, I went inside and did the COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge day 11 putting drills in my living room. 

Edited by Darkfrog
Day #