IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 284 - November 24, 2018 - 15 really good minutes downtown focusing mostly on the right elbow in transition. Was a really good session.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 238

Just some early morning range practice in some pretty "chilly" , north wind weather. 

I suppose my focus was on hitting balls while wearing my winter golf clothing. Just reminding myself what a  (clothing)  restricted swing feels like, and what I can do with that restricted swing. 

Truth is, I got up early to meet some buddies at the 19th for breakfast before we play a round. I arrived early, and the range was available, so why not. . 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Year 2  Day 1 AKA as DAY 366!!    Rise and Grind.. at the range at 8 a.m. and home by 10:30 a.m.   Just a couple of hours today... Continued using the JetStick drills to improve club head speed, and continued to work on other drills assigned by my coach on Friday.  Working on Kay #2 Weight Forward....   And separating my upper body from my lower body on the backswing by turning more and swaying less! LOL!!

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 50, November 25

Shoulder turn work and stretching. Also did some putting in the basement. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 285 - November 25, 2018 - Hit ten balls downtown with the mirrors trying to do the same right elbow feel as yesterday. I like it, generally speaking, though it may send the ball a little too high. But it's a new iron I've been using (Mizuno 919 Pro Forged or something like that?), and it's not at game speed, so… who knows?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 136

30 minutes today on wedges and 3h.  They performed fairly well; performed as planned.

I did hit a few heavy shots with the 3h until I stepped back and did a pre-strike routine to focus the body.  Half temped to write it down and tape to the top of the club at practices to keep the brain in gear!

Been a fairly good long weekend in terms of taking time to focus on golf.  Tomorrow is fairly scheduled, so much so that I may have to settle for 20-30 minutes of putting on the mat.  

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 45: Mirror work today. Working on that downswing shallowing feel again.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 329

Little bit of mid (6i) iron, full swing work this morning. Focuses were on a one piece take away, and releasing the club head in front of the ball. 

One piece take away allows me to get to the top of my swing in good shape. Helps to keep me on my correct plane, which also helps me to "not" take the club head back too far inside 

Releasing the club in front of the ball guards against an early release, (scooping?) while holding my lag longer,  and loss of club head speed at impact. 

After the 6i work, I practiced longer putts of 15-25 feet. Focus was on reads, and my back stroke for the distance required. Lag putting if you will. Actually holed out a few of them. The rest required only one more putt. 

Finished up my practice session with a plate of bisquits, and gravy inside the 19th. Focus was being a naughty boy with regards to my structured, more healthy diet. 

Edited by Patch
Inverted day count numbers.

In My Bag:

Day 51, November 26

Mirror work at the gym. Focused on continuing shoulder rotation through impact to finish to help lower hand at A6.

Scott

My Swing Thread

DAY 367    If 5 minutes of mirror work is equal to an hour on the range... then I just spent 3 hours on the range.  Working in my home office today on my turn away and turn into the ball... using my short club.   The drill that I find that is helping me is to set up to the ball, then lift the club so it is parallel to the ground, then turn back to the top of my swing... it helps me feel the rotation instead of the sway and the same on the forward swing.  Love the drill.

Day 8:

missed two straight days so I will need to be perfect for a while. Short work but good work today. Less than 20 minutes at the range and maybe hit 10-12 balls. Only one or two truly bad shots. Starting to find clubface again. 

• Administrator

Day 286 - November 26, 2018 - Putting tempo work in the living room, while trying to figure out the best way to build a putting training aid from a sort of pegboard.

Day 137.

9 holes at a re-opened full length 9 hole course.  Two fairly lengthy Par 5's, only 2 Par 3's.  Par 4's were lengths I should do OK on.

New course for me, so I could have played the course better in terms of planning the round.  Par 5's were both 7s. Par 3's both 5's.  No Pars for the day but no snowmen.  LOTS of double bogeys, one triple.  I tended to play a little bit of Army golf, but nothing, as a whole too bad, just enough to add at least 1 extra shot per hole.  Only 2 GIR, so I hope next time later this week, I will be able to adjust how I play the round.  As I do not own a range finder, I chose a few clubs based on eyeball and often should have gone up or down one club.

Beautiful day to play, got a good exercise for my body.  53 for the round, could (perhaps, should) have gone better

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 46: Mirror work today on my new priority piece: softening my wrist in transition. This one is going to be interesting.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 330

Practiced 50 yard pitch shots, using retired game balls this morning. 

The pressure part of this practice, if I did feel any pressure, was I had to clear a bunker 40 yards away. There was also a 3-4 foot hill on the back side of the bunker that also needed to be cleared. 

Focus was to land the ball on the back down slope of the hill, which would allow the ball to roll, or bounce towards the pin. That or land the ball on the fly near the pin.

I used my AW, with an abbreviated swing. I also had the club face open at impact to allow for higher shots for a steeper drop of the ball. This to slow the roll out after the ball landing. 

Hit 56 balls. 5 did not clear the bunker, and became one stroke escape shots from the  very firm bunker. 

Results were positive for this practice routine. 

In My Bag:

Day 52, November 27

30 minutes mirror work at the gym focusing on shoulder and hip turn continuing through impact. Worked on the feel of my left shoulder continue to rotate up while keeping the right elbow wedge going. It is starting to click, but I need a lot more quality reps to change the picture. I need to film it to send in if the weather will cooperate.

I may have to film it in my gym with foam balls.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 9: 

Short game today. Spent 30 minutes at lunch with some coworkers/buddies hitting pitches and chips. We did a challenge and the highest HC player of the group (not me) won lol.