IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 17,

played 9 holes. Focuses on my setup and keeping the swing short. Had one of my better ball striking days. I finally felt like I could turn a ton and not hook the ball. I actually hit some straight cuts. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 166 - July 19, 2018 - SuperSpeed in the evening, but ten minutes hitting 7-irons on the range before lessons this morning.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 1 😥

traveling really got me this this past week. 5 minutes of mirror work today working on keeping the right arm/elbow in a good position with soft contact against the body on the downswing. 

Day 48, part 2.  Went to the range, continued with full-speed swings for the piece I've been working on for a few weeks now.  Hit some lovely 5-irons.  Then hit my new 3H and 4W a bit, closed with some drivers.  Took my time on each ball but it felt great.  Hit a few wedges too.  Putted for a bit, attempting a 4-8-12 drill but with about 12 attempts from 12' (and all the putts to get there), I couldn't get a 12' to drop.  I blame that particular putting green, as I seem to put poorly at that practice green, but it's worrisome that I had two poor putting practices in a row leading into a round on Saturday. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 200.

Played 18 holes in a tournament this morning. 22 of us old dinosaurs, (almost) dead people showing off our stuff.

Played with a 3W, 12 irons, and of course my putter.  Hit some good shots into the greens, and I putted quite well with 28 putts. 

I placed 4th, with a net 70. (39/42/81) Winner was at 66, who shot an 82. I'm still using a temp hndcp, but the boss said it was close enough. 

Had a great time, in spite of the muggy weather. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

day 16

A bit hot today, it was 95 when I went to the rage before 8am!  Still got a good practice session from the deck for 7i, 9i, 4h,5h and 7h.  Worked mainly on keeping good position and distance between feet and ball.  Only a few god awful shots, usually hooks.  

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 2

30+ Minutes at the range today. Completed the gate drill from LSW with my Hybrids. Hit the ball pretty well today, still working on soft contact between body and right arm on the downswing. 

Day 33, July 20

pulled a muscle in my side yesterday so today just worked on alignment with no swings.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 167 - July 20, 2018 - Some putts and pitches in the back yard while talking with a neighbor.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 241  Movers came and went, and so did we to Sarasota, FL!!!  Brought my putter with me into the condo, and am practicing into a PuttOut which was a gift!!!  And brought in my Impact Ball from the car, and using it to work on staying connected.   Tomorrow out to the putting green at Esplanade!!  Two and a half months of condo living and then in our new home!!!

Soon I will be looking for players in the Sarasota area..    

Day 49.  After a long day of work, I practiced all three facets of the game.  First, I chipped and had short pitches inside of 25 yards for about two dozen shots.  The practice green I chipped to isn't exactly able to react like a real green (they don't mow it quite short enough to be a green, even a green 30 years ago)... but at least I can practice hitting the shots and worrying about trajectory and carry.

I then hit the range.  30 balls, it took an hour.  5-iron, 3H, 4W, driver (hooo boy did I hit a great driver at one point...), focus on setup and picking a target.  Unfortunately I hit enough of them so well I didn't get much curve.  I then (last dozen balls of the 30) hit some 40 and 50 yard shots with my 56 and 50 degree wedges. 

I finished it off with some putting for about 30 minutes.  I made a point to hit several 6' breaking putts because I anticipate facing these in tomorrow's club outing. 

20 days until round one of the club championship.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 201 Sitting in the club house watching Woody, and having a soda. 

Spent some time earlier hitting pitch shots with my SW. I was using my no wrist cock, short back swing that I found on You Tube. It's a very easy, controllable shot for me. I am also not limited to just wedges with this stroke. (B)

After that, I stroked some putts on the practice green. Made a few long, curly ones.

Focus today was just to have an easy practice session. I woke up a little stiff from yesterday's 18 hole round. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 18,

spent about 1.5 hours on putting. Worked on 3-6-12 FT putts and lag putting. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 17

Still on 15 reps of of my warm ups. Tomorrow will move to 20 reps and will probably keep it at that level for some time.  This has helped me rotate the hips more almost to the point where I do not think about it all that much during DR practice or on the links.  Pretty good change from the pure "arm" golfing I started with about a year ago.  Today was long hybrids and 3 wood day.  Getting good loft, though more than average were off line. Off line mainly left.  Worked on concentrating on where I address the ball.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 242   First a shout out to @Patch  for passing the 200 day mark!!  Way to go...

Sometimes the best plans of mice and men do not work out.  Today was that day.  I wanted to spend time on the putting green in our new community... BUT, did lots of other things.   So now I am home for the day, and working with my Impact Ball to help on staying connected.  And spending time in the doorway working on turning and not swaying on either my backswing or downswing. 

Day 34, July 21

Still resting the pulled muscle but did grip and alignment work. I’m working on my grip not closing the face, which has been an issue.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 168 - July 21, 2018 - Had a one-hour break in between lessons today, so I did some work with a 6-iron. Groin felt fine. I didn't swing hard.