IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

DAY 378  Fantastic weather today....   Spent four solid and productive hours around the chipping green.  The first two and one half hours I worked on short pitch shots with my 52 degree wedge.... using 7 different drills, and a LOT of left hand only on the club swings.  Then I used the Paul Runyan  (THANKS Patch!!!) chipping technique using my 7 iron for about 90 minutes. Focused on balance throughout the chip and ball contact.  Felt good about the long time out there... in that I made progress on my weakest area.   And I holed a lot of chips/pitches in the process.  :-) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 146:

Finally gt time to hit much of my bag.  All irons and wedges were called to duty.  I was surprised, in a good way, how well they responded.  Only the 5i gave me some grief, but I have not hit that a lot lately.  Wedges carried well with good downward angles.  Of particular note was how fine my 8i responded, both off a mat and off a tee.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 19:

Bad weather today, but managed some mirror work. I’m really trying to feel the weight on the outside of my foot through downswing.

Day 57: Went to the range and hit balls for about an hour. Tried that softening wrist feel, along with another drill to get my hands forward at impact. Results were ... mixed. That's okay, though. First time hitting balls with this feel. Also spent about 20 minutes working on short game. Pitching was solid. Sand game needs some work.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 297 - December 7, 2018 - Just putted in the living room after soccer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 341

Still pretty wet out after the last rains that passed through. Dealing with the morning (dew) moisture right now. 

So, with that it was more carpet putting this morning. Even did a few little chip shots of the much shorter variety. 

Focus was on body alignment, back stroke length, and club face aim. Targets were of the natural variety, such as bottom of door jams, chair/table legs, sleeping dog's paw.....etc. 

Watched a few You Tube videos earlier this morning. Not so much for instruction, but for entertainment purposes. I like watching Erika Larkin, and Clay Ballard videos. Also, some of the video recaps of certain players, in previous pga tournaments.

Probably a good day to clean out my bag(s). It's been a while. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 379  Another fantastic weather day.  Spent 3 1/2 hours on the range, hit two bags of balls, and a LOT of practice swings and off ball drills... working mostly on Key #2 Weight Forward.  Then 35 minutes on the putting green using the Pelz Putting Tutor to get feedback on my ability to start the golf ball on line.  Excellent day!! 

Day 147

A focused and fun day at the range.

First, I hit the clubs I did not hit well yesterday. The 5i yesterday, I hit rather in a mediocre fashion.  Today it was if I were hitting a totally different club.  While I usually do not have a need to hit a 5i, I want to hit any club if need be.  I made a fairly, I thought, minor change in the address.  All of a sudden launch angles were better and I was getting straight flights with a nice draw.  My distance was controlled nicely by how strong I hit the ball.  As well I made a minor change in the grip.  3h and 5h were good today. I did not work my 4h ad 7i/w as they were solid yesterday.  Then on to my 3w (GX-7) and my driver.  Got solid shots off of the turf with my 3w.  Still a work in progress in that use over all.  It was good off the tee, but, as expected, about 15-20 yards shorter than the Driver.

Driver was solid.  Long, straight with an ever so soft draw.  Launch angle was good and the shots landed with good roll.  In short, made me feel ready for a round early next week.

The fun part of the day was that Valley Golf had a very strong demo day with :ping::titleist::touredge::srixon::cobra::wilson::callaway: all demonstrating their whole lines as well as 3 makes of rangefinders, balls, some glove lines, and even training aids.  Not really in the market, but I did get to try some new toys.  They also had a great food truck.  Every time this place has a demo day, they draw very, very, well.

Edited by DrMJG
  • Like 1

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 298 - December 8, 2018 - Putted with the kids today many times, then worked on my full swing for about five minutes. Right hip/back wasn't feeling great (soccer), so this was in slow motion.

Also, gotta say, I love the detail in @DrMJG's posts. I don't have the time to practice as much as he does, or I'd love to post like he does, but I love seeing them. Great job.

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 58: Went to the range and hit balls for about 45 minutes. Working on a drill to get my hands forward more in the downswing. Looks decent on video, but probably could be better. Also spent about 20 minutes on short game practice. Hit some pitches, and worked in the sand again. Finally got some better results in the sand when I remembered to feel like I'm not releasing my hands. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 342

Morning conditions a still a bit moist, but I still went through my regular bag on the driving range this morning. My regular bag has my metal woods, and irons in it. 

Focuses were on my body alignments from my feet to my shoulders, posture, club face aim, and my one piece take away.

Targeted area was in between two range flags that made up a fairway. As long as a ball didn't miss the make shift fairway by very much, it was a good swing. Shorter club swings were fine, while a few of the longer club swings left me scratching my head. Then again, was kind of a narrow fairway, and these were range balls......

All in all it was a good practice session. Might even come back later with my "irons only" bag. 

In My Bag:

DAY 380  Short day today!!! Thanks to rain I am indoors all day.... so nothing left to do but pull out my shortened 5 iron and work on swing positions.  And also do some golf fitness work to improve my right shoulder mobility... so I can pass a couple of assessed areas on the TPI Screen.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

• Administrator

Day 299 - December 9, 2018 - Putted against a kid after a putter fitting.

Day 148 

Took a quasi lazy day and did some putting work with my mat.   Nothing really auspices one way or anther.  Beginning too develop a real sense of the speed feel for the putter.

Day 343

Work on hitting balls off uneven lies this morning. Uphill, and downhill lies. Balls below, and above my feet. 

Focuses were on ball position in my stance, and gripping more up, or down the club as needed. Also on keeping my balance during my swing. 

In My Bag:

Day 65, December 10

Mirror work at the gym. Focused on low hands at A6 and keeping shoulders rotating through impact.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave