IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 407 - February 8, 2021

Pressed the reset button a little. Right elbow work. Getting it high, high, high early. About 30 balls, maybe 40. Good session, though, considering.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 35 - step drills outside with full swings and foam balls, working to get the ball consistently going right to left. Focus on the weight shift on the step and getting  the hips to clear. By end of drills ball flight was moving hard starting right and coming back left. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 421:

Did some COVID-19 day-5 drills, which I really like. Not 100% sure if it is helping my priority piece, but the better I get at the drill, the better my ball striking gets, and since it doesn't seem to be hurting anything, I'm going to continue with this one. After that, did some full swing warm-up with a 7-iron, and then superspeed workout.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 35 - Blast putting in the office for Bead, Speed, and Rhythm 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

DAY 68  February 9th  Seems like I just posted this yesterday, and the day before!!!  I excited about tomorrow since I will be able to go back out on the range!!  Weather will be fantastic -- high of 80!! 

So with my limited time available.  Continued to do a Mike Bender drill that focuses on rotating and not swaying as you work your way through the downswing.  Using my home office wall instead of the famous Mike Bender Green Wall.

• Administrator

Day 408 - February 9, 2021

Fought with the dishwasher (it won the battle but will not win the war) today, so I just rehearsed some things in the mirror at my house.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 118: Chipping in the basement. Snowy day.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 422:

Started with some COVID-19 day-5 drills, and then some full swings with 7- and 5-iron. Got a chance to film before it got too dark, but didn’t see much improvement, and in some swings seemed to be hanging back worse.  Went back through some old lesson notes and found some stuff about centered hip turn, and having more “quiet” hip movement along the target line during backswing/downswing. Hit a few more balls and it felt improved and launch angle was definitely lower, but too dark to get any decent video to confirm.

-Peter

Day 36 (Feb 09 2021) - More full swing drills working on making solid ball contact.  Used the small practice mat to help with over the top.  I know that if I come over the top, I will "nail" the small bad and send it about 18" forward.  Started with half swings, focusing on impacting the ball then the mat.  Also purposing the weight shift to the front foot - still a long way to go there (as my body wants to protect it from any pain).  Used what I was "feeling" on the mat to the grass as I would hit the foam balls back to the mat focusing on the thought process "smooth, steady, swings".  

Somehow I failed to submit this yesterday - found in my "drafts".....

Edited by WillieT

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 37 (Feb 10 2021) - (NOTE: Today is day 8 of the self-imposed quarantine due to the missus testing positive for Covid).  Double gate drills in the backyard again using the grandson's play goalposts as the downrange target and tees.  I really like the visuals this offers! (Note: Pic below is from November - grass much greener then!)  First few swings were 1/4 to 1/2 swings at slow and steady to get loosened up.  Had a couple of chunks where I was "trying" too hard to go thru the gates.  Adjusted the "mental" by counting back to myself "smoooth and steaaaadddy" ( almost a 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 type cadence).  It is amazing how easily the club (7i) flowed through the tee gates and the ball starting just right of the goal posts and coming back to the center.  Not all shots were that pretty but it is rapidly becoming good muscle memory.  Maybe its time to video the swing again.....

IMG_5877 (3).jpg

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

DAY 69 February 10th   The Covid 19 second vaccine shot has kicked my butt!!  Real tired today, but still got out for a little over two hours, working my hip rotation and thoracic spine rotation, during the downswing.  Making some progress, hit lots of shots that match the swing pattern I am working on.  Now time for a nap!!!

Day 36 - more Blast putting work for bead today in office. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 119: In the morning after shoveling, worked on chipping aim with 12 foot chips. Made it harder by setting up the Blast Motion box and chipping over that avoiding nailing Brad Faxon in the face. After lunch, worked on my priority piece then did SuperSpeed. All this shoveling is making me tired. Only hit 102. And it’s cold and will be for another week.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 409 - February 10, 2021

Blast work on my putting stroke in the living room. Still no drain hose at the appliance store. Tomorrow, supposedly. Uh hmmmm.

Day 423:

Did a little bit of COVID-19 day-5 drills, maybe 15 balls or so. Warmed up hitting some 7-iron and hybrid, and then did a superspeed workout. Later I did some swing mapping.

-Peter