IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 72, August 5, 2021

Worked on the feeling of starting the downswing with my body. Basically the first move down. Check swings.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 41 (06 Aug 21) - Worked with the SW today with some easy pitches in the back yard (30-50yd range).   Focus was to keep the lower body coming through and using soft hands rather than being handsy.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 162.   I practiced putting for half an hour this morning on a real green.  I didn't do a drill, but worked on 12, 15, 30, 35, and 40 foot putts;  the two shorter ones were focused on line and getting the ball to the hole but not so far past it that I'd miss a comebacker.  The 30-40 were focused on hitting the ball as close to the exact distance I could.  

Administrative note:  it figures that 30 days after my last miss falls off the window I miss a day.  Fun fact, my four most recent misses were all on a day with 5 in the date, going back to May. 

And of course I get home and see I have an Evolvr lesson so :-)  Re-focused full swing lessons! 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 1 (8/6/21) - Starting over today. At tonight's 9-hole league I did pretty well shooting an 11 over 47, so my handicap. Also got closest to the pin. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 6:

Did some full swing work with LVP camera. Started off working on downswing priority piece but ball striking was horrendous. Worked on backswing for awhile with no ball, then started downswing again with a ball just hitting chippy/pitchy 7-irons. Worked back up to about 3/4 swings and got a little better but swing is feeling a little uncomfortable right now. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 42 (07 Aug 21) - Played 18 in the rain today on the local course.  Most consistent round I have ever played 87 (43/44), which could have been 83 if not for penalty strokes into the water on tee shots on 13 and 18.  Focus today was on being consistent in the pre-shot routine, not rushing but thinking through from seeing the shot from the rear, aligning the club up for the ball flight I anticipate to the landing zone I was envisioning.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 285: Did a few minutes of rhythm work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 2 (8/7/21) - Did feet together swings without a ball focusing on tempo and balance.

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 163.  Full swing practice;  set up with a different spine tilt as per my latest Evolvr lesson, then swung back to A3 and checked in my phone (using it as a mirror -- I'd like a mirror in my golf room, but the natural place is right where a window is, and it doesn't reflect well), reset, etc for a while, then finally hit a ball.  Maybe hit one ball every 3-4 minutes, slower than even my usual pace.  Will continue this regularly in hopes of getting some picture changing. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 74, August 7, 2021

First Round of Member-Guest today. Played coofy.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 7:

Did only full swing work today, hoping to get my ball striking issues somewhat resolved before tomorrow's 5:40am tee time.

Did somewhat of a mashup of COVID-19 practice plan drills; did takeaway and backswing rehearsals with visual checkpoints on LVP camera, going to the top of the backswing, and then from there, finished with the day-5 drill. Did 2-3 rehearsals with no impact, and then did it with a ball. After about 15 balls, I hit 10 more balls with a rehearsal, and then a full swing, about 3/4 speed. Contact, launch, and start line were pretty good.

-Peter

Day 8:

Played 18. Bay Area fog was extra heavy this morning, so mostly hit 3/4 shots, trying to control start line as best as possible to be able to find the ball easily.

-Peter

Day 286: Worked on my priority pieces again and rhythm for about 30 minutes. Then did SuperSpeed reduced training protocol with just the blue stick. Hit 107 with median of 103, but only 100 with the driver. Driver was consistent with all five swings between 98 and 100. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 164.  Ten minutes before lunch of 7-iron full swings, indoors, off a mat, with an exaggerated tilt away to start to focus on spine angle at A3.  More than usual rehearsals before taking an actual slow swing;  I hit about three balls during this period, but they were three very productive practice balls.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 43 (08 Aug 21) - worked on the grip, specifically grip alignment in the lead hand fingers….been working on making the grip just a tad stronger.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 75, August 8, 2021:

Final Round of Member Guest I played okay today.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 3 (8/9/21) - Putting practice on my PuttOut mat (missed yesterday for family reasons). I am trying to get less ball bound and so stroked putts while looking at the hole (a la "Instinct Putting" and Jordan Spieth). Interesting challenge, which I plan to take to the practice green in the next few days. 

Day 287: Range this morning. Did a simulated round with the clubs I’ve been using for this course. I’ve been starting lately without a range warmup, so I wanted to simulate that. 

Focused on rhythm with long, slow, high backswing and smooth transition. Takeaway focus was less out with the head as well.

Finished with chipping and putting on the practice green. Playing the next two days.

Scott

My Swing Thread