IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 189.  Did the snapping sticks / 6-iron drill, as well as the "what if you wanted to throw it?" drill (the latter from memory, it had a name).  Nothing that involved an actual ball today.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 12 (9/4/21) - Practiced with 7-iron and Driver doing backswing and through swing using a noodle station for about 15 minutes. My objective is to tame an over the top move which happens and results in pulls and pull-hooks. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 313: Worked on backswing and other pieces again today and filmed them.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 69 (04 Sep 21) - played 18 today on a course I’ve played in the past in the past.  Was paired up with a member of the course who knows it well.  He shared aspects of the course and demonstrated great course management.  We discussed how the course plays depending on the time of year, especially the greens.  Felt like I had a lesson with a course pro.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 1

Chipping (Leading Edge)

Chipped dimes for 10 minutes with a focus on keeping my weight forward and following through. I followed up with another 10 minutes of chipping balls.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 35:

Worked on priority piece with PW, 7-iron, and driver. Just 3 balls per club with lots of rehearsals.

Then short game stuff, as is custom prior to Sunday morning round. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 190.  Late afternoon :  ten minutes of 6-iron shots, with lots of rehearsal.  It's nice when my priority piece practice is enjoyable. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 13 (9/5/21) - Today I worked on the "Day-7" pitching drill with my PW and 58* wedge, about 10-minutes with each club, hitting whiffle balls after each set of exercises. I first did this drill months ago, but never really took it to the course. Having now worked on this technique in the yard, my plan is to take it to the range for practice with 9-iron to 58* wedge and real balls. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 36:

Played 18. Everything was working well today, except driver, which was frustrating because I was driving the ball well in the previous several rounds. Driver misses were bad, but not really bad, and I made decent recoveries. Had two dumb double bogeys that were the result of penalty strokes off the tee, otherwise happy with how the round went.

-Peter

Day 314: Worked on backswing again today.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 2

Full swing PW and GW into a net for 20 minutes.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 70 (05 Sep 21) - practice swings w/9i today (no ball), worked on getting the hips fully turned when in the downswing.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 191.  While my dinner was on the stove (and did not need to be attended actively), I snuck away for ten minutes to my practice room so I could hit a few balls (6-iron) , complete with rehearsals and practice.  

I feel like I've done a lot of days like this lately -- a small amount of practice for a few minutes, in part to keep my status in this challenge going.  On the other hand, it's marginal progress and I'm not going backward and in the worst case I'm jogging in place, possibly improving, and I think that's part of the point of this challenge. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 14 (9/6/21) - Did 10-minutes of chipping practice using mvmac's "chitch" method. I tried this approach on the course Friday night and found that I got a more consistent roll of the ball using this method, but need to work on the quality of strike and distances when next on the practice green.

Day 315: Bit of a rest day. Spent around five minutes on my backswing feels.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 618 - September 6, 2021

Played nine holes with a 4I, 6I, 8I, and three wedges. I think I shot 39. I only hit a few putts on the greens. I only hit full shots too — I didn't want any partial shots — so a few times I hit 8I from 175 or something so I could make a full swing, but was obviously going to be short of the green.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 71 (06 Sep 21) - Worked with one of the putters focusing on pacing the putts on the mat in the hall.  Tending to be “afraid” to pace the ball past the hole - by that I am saying no more than 2’ past.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 37:

Spent most of Labor Day doing labor in the back yard, and was too tired for full swing work after I was finished. So I just did some  rehearsals of my downswing motion sans club, and some indoor yardstick putting drill.

-Peter