IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 433: Another dreary drizzly day today. Went to a covered range and worked on a few things. Started with distance wedges and palmar flexion feel through impact. I with slower swings. Worked with the same feels with other irons and driver. Also worked on loner backswing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 71 (01/02/22) - More putting practice today. Something was a bit off in getting the ball started on line so I tried some adjustments to my grip which seemed to work, but its probably time to focus on fundamentals again.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 26 (02 Jan 22) - Worked on chipping with the 8i in the backyard today.  Played around with ball position - back, goes low and rolls, middle, fly a little farther, roll not as much, front - fly most of the way and checking up.    

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 154:

Guess I forgot to post yesterday but I did practice, indoors working on my hip turn priority piece.

Anyways...today I played 18. Frost delay for 2.5 hours but the range and practice areas were open, so spent the time working on my priority piece for hip turn while working through a medium bucket of balls. Practiced for about 2 of the 2.5 hours and hit maybe 75 balls. Unfortunately, this left me pretty exhausted for the round, but I still played pretty good by my standards.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 63, January 2, 2022

It's a long day, livin' in Reseda, so I only had time to make some swings after cooking the rib roast and while watching some old White Collars on Prime Video (I'm bummed I missed the show the first time around. It's the relatively "smart" kind of show I like, as formulaic as it is).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 3 (1/3):

Working the irons today in the Golf Garage [60 min].

Additional note: installed outdoor space heater today.  Eighteen degrees outside but warm and snuggly in the garage. B-)

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Day 72 (01/03/22) - Practiced putter tempo today doing the "touch-touch" drill using two pillows (to mark the end of the back and thru strokes) and a metronome (set at 75 bpm then 80 bpm). Then practiced putts keeping the 80 bpm tempo in my head. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 12:

Mirror, mirror, mirror. 
I got a lot of mirror work in today. 3 different sessions. Probably 10 minutes each. I'm trying to get rid of one thing and add another so, it's a lot of looking at myself in slo-mo. 

I did some putting work during a break in a conference call today. Basically the line drill and the cup drill from day 15 of the COVID-19 practice challenge. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 434: Worked on transition feel indoors today. Only 25F out. Also did Fot for Golf GolfStrong Phase 1 Workout A.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 64, January 3, 2022

Worked for a good 30 minutes today between some GEARS sessions. Slow, but starting to do some with a bit more rhythm and flow (and speed).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 155:

Rained again today, so worked indoors on grip adjustment by pulling a club from the bag, setting up to a spot in the floor and then stepping back and checking my grip. The change feel natural now so I’ll keep my eye on this but probably won’t practice it much more.

Also worked on hip turn thing. The feel of hips from finishing backswing to transition seems like it’s starting to click, at least during indoor rehearsals. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 27 (03 Jan 22) - rainy day today,  so I went back to the mirror.  Face on and DTL views working on slo-mo rotation.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 13, 1/4/2022

I was up and at 'em very early this morning. So, I've already done 10 minutes of mirror work. I've hit balls in the garage for 15 minutes (my wife says I was out there longer, but I don't think I was.) I'm working hard on trying to get rid of a move I've added over the years to the top of my backswing. 

I also did 5 minutes of pitching work... again, may have been 10 minutes. 

I still plan to do some more putting drills. Some more mirror work and I might even hit the range later on. I've been finding that a bunch of short practice sessions seems to really be easy to fit in here and there. Instead of waiting around to have a big practice session. Five minutes here, ten minutes there, it's easy for me to get in and it keeps it interesting, and so far fun. 

Tomorrow I plan to film again. Get a gauge of where I am with the full swing. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 73 (01/04/22) - Putting drills:

1. Tiger's side rail drill (quality of strike) - Ten 4' putts with the putter passing thru rails set just wider than the putter head w/o touching either side. Got it in 1 try.
  2. Gate drill (start putt on line) - Ten 4' putts through a PuttOUT gate set at 3'. Took two tries to get ten in a row (got to 9 the first time). 

Day 28 (04 Jan 22) - pitches with the wedges in the back yard.  Initial good strikes with the 50, bad with the 58 (blading).  Know the issue with the 58, wanted to keep from flipping and making like flippy pitches.  Slowed down to make steady swings and the flights much better and achieved good distance (for backyard pitches).  More of the same tomorrow.... 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star