IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 7

More putting today. The second putter grip arrived (Traxion Claw 2.0) and threw it on my other putter. It's solid to putt with when using a traditional hold. But is really nice with the claw. Gonna do a good bit of side-by-side testing with the two putters/grips. Will also play a couple rounds swapping one out for the other. 

For now just putting in my sim/office area. Which rolls around 12.5+. Targets are some golf balls I cut in half. Worked a lot on 6 footers and in. Overall pretty pleased with both putters and grips so far.

I am warming up to the idea of just committing to the claw grip. As opposed to using it as a safety net when needed. But at the same time, the Kotahi putter grip has given me a much more stable and confident feel when using a traditional hold. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 167, April 16, 2022

I'll have an update on my Member Swing topic, but I spent about two hours on GEARS today sorting out the downswing stuff. In good news, the backswing is pretty darn good. Right elbow < 90° of bend, adduction well into the 60s.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 92:

Did a bunch of pitching and chipping practice into my net this afternoon. Then I worked on full swing flow hitting balls with 6-iron and 3-hybrid.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 128 (16 Apr 22) - Got in some swings in the back yard with 9i and PW focused on getting the trunk turn happening rather than flicking with the wrists.  I like doing this drill the pitches are effortless and on line when it all rotates together.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 548: Range today. Worked on the feel of not swaying back at the start of the backswing, which I caught on video. Did distance wedges and short game work as well.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 8: Full swing practice with 4H and 5I, focussing on trail elbow, then a solid warm up hitting every club in the bag, before 18 holes.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 172 - Practiced distance wedge technique in the yard today (49* wedge and Almostgolf balls). Focused on setup and swinging with good tempo (from about 9 to 3) and taking a shallow divot. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

day 42: played 9 holes, had some drinks and then went to the range to practice different lies and fairway bunkers

Edited by cdh79

cheers Chris

Day 93:

Played 18 this morning. Played the first hole well, but then cut my finger pretty deeply on the blister pack of a piece of nicotine gum, and struggled after that, whether due to the cut or not, it was definitely present in my mind.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 8

Visited with some family for Easter, so couldn't do too much today. Did sneak in a short putting "competition" with my 5 year old son. Gave him a stroke a hole to make it more interesting. 

Used some 3d printed rings for the cups. Undersized them by an inch to make it more challenging/demanding. Weather is looking like it'll be really nice this upcoming weekend. So may try to get out and play. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

Day 129 (17 Apr 22)- After watching the RBC Heritage wrap up, got out in the yard to work on ball placement in stance for chipping and pitches.  Played some shots of about 35paces over the tulip tree to the hole on the far side of the yard w/the pitching wedge, observing ball flight in relation to position.  Wrapped up with short chips about 25 paces to the other hole.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 38 - minimal today. Working on grip at my parent’s house using one of my dad’s clubs for less than 10mins while visiting for Easter

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 168, April 17, 2022

Putted in the hotel room while watching Spieth win.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 42.  After getting home from holiday, I went to practice putting.  I did the around-the-clock drill from 3', 4', and 6'.  It took me 16 putts to finish from 3' (8 made on first pass, remaining four on second).  It took me 18 from 4' (made 9 on first pass, 2 on second pass), and 22 from 6' (with the last three being the same one, from what I could have sworn was 12:00).  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

day 43: played 9 holes today, so basic warming up and practice was included

cheers Chris

Day 130 (18 Apr 22) - Rainy day, 8i in front of the mirror.  Worked on stretches through the core to maximize turn on back swing as well as follow through.  Used the corner reflected in the mirror as a "centerline" to help focus on steady head / weight forward.  Still working to trust my lead foot to handle the weight by loading it just prior to the top of the backswing.  I need to do this one as part of a daily stretch routine - gets the blood flowing and the muscles loosened up. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 9: Full swing practice, checking in on finishing position, and weight forward, extension.  Also had feedback from coach to slow my backswing *a lot* - so focussed on counting 1,2,3 swing, which seemed to be a nice tempo.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 173 - Practiced distance control on short wedge shots (<= 20 yards) with my 58* wedge by doing the ladder drill. I hit five shots which were progressively longer than the prior shot, then 5 which were progressively shorter than the prior shot. Always picked out a landing spot and took practice swings as though I were playing. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear