IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 4 (17 Jun 22) -  Back in the swing again, literally.  Worked on getting good rotation through backswing into the downswing.  Used 7i and hard foam balls, total of 24 swings - took about a half hour to complete.  Focused on keeping head centered, weight on lead foot into downswing. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 229, June 17, 2022

Played 9 holes (somehow scraped it together), then went to the range because I need to stop hitting the ball left. Period. Full stop.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 231 - My 9-hole league was cancelled tonight due to weather. All I got in was a little putting and chipping practice at home.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 103.  I went to play golf this afternoon instead of watching the last few hours of the Open Friday, especially after I realized it was barely triple digits temperature  wise (I don't know why I thought today would be hot).  But I was on my own and played multiple balls a few times, declaring which one was "mine" and also seeing what happened if I tried something else I had considered.  I now think I understand what a "practice round" is, separate from a round played for the purpose of practicing.  I was seven holes ahead of the group behind me and nowhere near one ahead of me, so it isn't like I was holding up play.

"My" ball was 86, but it wasn't strictly by the rules so.  5 GIR, 16 GIRPs (on green for par attempt).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 151:

Changed it up and did some flop shot practice with foam balls, stopped after about half of them had gone over the fence.

Also did more work on full swing piece. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 232 - Putting practice today. Worked on "bead" using a gate 3' in front of the ball. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 602: Worked on my pieces with 7 iron and Driver.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 5 (18 Jun 22) - More pitch work in the backyard today with the 50.  Focus on setting up slightly open and rotating thru for solid contact and distance control.  Used the hard foam balls as they flight nicely with a 3/4 swing to about 30 yards, allowed me to not worry about "deceleration" to keep from over flying the yard into the street. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 230, June 18, 2022

Went downtown after officiating the semi-finals of the city match play this morning (20 holes to Methodist grad Weir) for about 90 minutes. I'm reminded again of a feeling of a flat right wrist and a cupped left… to keep the face from shutting during the transition and downswing.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 104.  Went to play Big Rock again.  Added a birdie to the composite challenge, mostly by accident.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 152:

Did some putting drills in the living room while watching commercials during the US Open. 

-Peter

Day 233 - Worked on chipping today with PW thru LW, 20 balls with each club. My focus was to make the same length swing with each shot and each club (felt like 7:30 to 4:30), make solid contact and have the bounce make contact with the ground first, rather than the leading edge. In other words somewhere between the extremes of "chip" and "pitch" motions.  

Day 153:

Played 18, scrambled well, had a couple nice approach shots. Kind of lost my feel for executing priority piece though. 

-Peter

Day 603: Worked on a new feel that @iacas sent me. I’m trying to break old habits and it’s been a challenge. But I feel I can do this with smart practice.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 105.  Old fashioned full practice 90 minutes this morning -- chip and pitch shots at a practice green, a small bucket of balls (shared), and then some putting.  Working on being more comfortable with the setup adjustments from a recent Evolvr lesson and also observing and expecting the left to right flight I have been getting lately. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator

Day 231, June 19, 2022

Went to the range for nearly two hours. Really took our time, though. Found a small thing in my swing that, if I have time tonight, I'll post about in my swing topic.

Day 6 (19 Jun 22) - bump and run drill today with the 8i.  Primary focus on hand position (choking down) to get the most predictable shot distance.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 604: Worked on a new piece with 6 iron and driver. Filmed it and posted in My Swing thread.

Scott

My Swing Thread