IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 18, 12/16/2022

Had 2 good sessions in the garage today working on my priority pieces. I also worked a bit on my speed control putting. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 46, December 16, 2022

Slow swings at home today while doing some other work. Got the TSR driver and 3-wood.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 6 - more grip work x 2-3 mins, then slow 8i takeaways back & up with centered turn and straighter right elbow x 5 mins

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 2 - Nice day out today so I practiced 20 yard pitch shots with my 54* wedge in the yard for about 10 minutes (after swapping the screens for the glass in our porch). 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 6 - Worked on my priority pieces in the basement again.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 32 (17 Dec 22) - Got invited and played 4-man best ball round with friends.  Focused on staying in the swing and not lifting out.  Had a few really good shots into the green, putting was almost too aggressive, as too many comebacks were 6’ plus. 

Edited by WillieT
Grammar

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 47, December 17, 2022

Good 15 minutes (interrupted a few times, so actual practice time) after JEP today. Same stuff.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 19; 12/17/2022

Mirror mirror on the wall, today I practiced without a ball. ...

I did mirror work today. Super Slow Motion stuff. Working on my priority pieces and blending them into a fluid swing. 

Mirror mirror on the floor, I'd like to miss short putts no more...

I also did mirror work with my putter and set up. Using the putting mirror today I did a couple of short drills, but mostly it was just making sure my set up is good as I build I plan to build on it a lot this off season. Short putting is a focus area for improvement.

Day 7 - grip work (I actually felt better with it today) along with PP of getting my right (trail elbow) in front of shirt seem at top position. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 48, December 18, 2022

Practiced for 10 minutes before Sunday JEP today.

Day 3 - Practiced slow motion swings with my 7 iron in front of a mirror. Practiced setup with the putter and getting the ball to roll end-over-end using the line on the ball. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 7 - Did some chipping in the backyard.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 33 (18 Dec 22) -  Worked on short pitches with the 52 in the backyard this afternoon.  Started off with dunking the first shot into the cup from about 10yds out.  As I was alone and no one else saw it,  guess it did not really happen.  Kept on working pitches from 5 to 25 yds.  Even dunked another from about 5 yds.  A fun afternoon of easy chips. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 20: 12/18/2022

Fast and slow day.
Today it was slow motion in front of the mirror. I got up several times to do that during the day.
Then I did my swing speed training. 

Day 8 - same as yesterday. Working on PP of keeping hands in front of me at A3-4 with right elbow anterior to shirt seam.

-Jonny

Day 4 - Busy day today so only did some slow motion swings with my 9W; also practiced some chips.

Day 7 - some more work in the basement on my PP feels.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 34 (19 Dec 22) - Worked with Birdie Balls using GW and 6i.  Focused making solid shots (solid backspin) while trying to shape small draws and fades.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star