IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 11 - Did both Day 1 and Day 2 "30-day Practice Plan" drills today. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 14, worked on my drill again, then did some chipping, all indoors.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 57, December 27, 2022

Full swing (backswing) work. Left arm a bit farther out, left wrist remains cupped.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 41 (27 Dec 22) - Played an afternoon 18 with grandson at Minnesott.  Course had thawed from the cold snap that started last Friday.  Good afternoon noon of steady pace as we were the only ones on our side of the course.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 27: 12/27/2022

Backswing in the mirror work today. 
Basically I did my backswing a few times in slow motion without a club. 
Then with a club across my collarbone. Then with a piece of 3/4" PVC pipe and split hands. Finally with a club. 

Rinse and repeat.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 28: 12/28/2022

So I got to the indoor range today around 5AM and spent some quality time working on my priority pieces. 
I took some video and used that for personal feedback to compare feels to reals. 

Then I did my new favorite putting drill for speed control. 

Finished up with some chipping practice and headed out of there. 

A really good practice session this morning. 

Day 12 - Did the PuttOUT challenge today. Planning to play tomorrow. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 42 (28 Dec 22) - Hit wedges in the backyard today.  Worked on short pitches,  focused on distance control.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 14, worked on the same piece with a bit more emphasis on the club dropping behind me.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 58, December 28, 2022

Worked on the full swing stuff before lessons. Looking forward to a prolonged practice session tomorrow.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 29: 12/29/2022

Went to the indoor range early this morning again.

Worked on my priority pieces. I felt very stiff and slow, but got good work in. I filmed my swing from both down the line and caddie view. I sent those to Yoda. I also got some nice chipping work in and then I did a putting drill. I did the drill off the putting green because I found that the area in front of the nets is a faster surface. Since nobody else was there at this time I was able to use that area for my putting practice. Here's a time lapse video of my first attempt of the day at the putting drill. I got better at it with subsequent attempts. 

Edited by ChetlovesMer
clarification

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Day 29: 12/29/2022

Went to the indoor range early this morning again.

Worked on my priority pieces. I felt very stiff and slow, but got good work in. I filmed my swing from both down the line and caddie view. I sent those to Yoda. I also got some nice chipping work in and then I did a putting drill. I did the drill off the putting green because I found that the area in front of the nets is a faster surface. Since nobody else was there at this time I was able to use that area for my putting practice. Here's a time lapse video of my first attempt of the day at the putting drill. I got better at it with subsequent attempts. 

I do not recall you walking that fast last time we golfed.  Looks a little like an old Charlie Chaplin movie.  Is that part of the drill? 😜

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Day 13 - Played the back 9 at North Kingstown today. Didn't really keep score, but did par the 18th hole! 

Day 43 (29 Dec 22) - spent more time on the wedges today, focused on engaging the bounce.  Went back to Day 7 of the 30 Covid Practice plan to reinforce the process.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 59, December 29, 2022

Quick practice session today, because the stupid GEARS sync thing via "Task Scheduler" didn't seem to want to run on its own for whatever reason. Worked fine at home.

Day 14, did a nice long practice outside and wanted to film but my app wouldn’t record for some reason.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 30 ... Woo-Who! ... : 12/30/2022 

I got to the range early again this morning. 5AMish.

I started with my priority pieces. Then worked on my video taking skills. I'll review what I shot later on. 

Then, I chipped to several targets for about 15 minutes. Then I worked on short pitch shots for about 15 minutes. 
Next, I did Eric's speed control putting drill. I used the area in front of the nets for this drill as it is a faster surface. 
Then over at the actual putting green I used the the putting mirror for about 10 minutes. 

Finally, I finished with the putting ladder drill to an actual hole for about 10 - 15 minutes. 

• Like 1

Day 44 (30 Dec 22) Spent some time working with the putter.  Did the side-by-side drill (where I set two balls beside each other) and put them at the same time.  Helps with squaring the putter - get heely and the closest ball shoots out ahead, get toey and the outer ball takes the the lead.   I like the challenge of the drill.  Also worked on pacing the putts.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star