IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 9:

Did pitching practice. Skipped full swing today. Playing 18 in the morning. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 2: 26 Mar

Decent session of drills practicing my takeaway, completing the backswing, then transitioning down into an impact bag under control. Trying to continue to groove the right feels to make this swing change work more persistent. 

Day 10:

Played 18, pretty bad for the first 2/3 of round, but a few decent shots sprinkled in. Feel clicked starting on tee shot for 15th, and hit the ball okay for the rest of the round. 

-Peter

Day 7; 3/26/2023

Got to the indoor range first thing this morning. I got about 90 minutes of good work in. The very first thing I did was film my first swing of the day. Then I went to work on chipping to targets and then moved on to working on my new priority piece with the 6 iron. So, I did block practice for a little while.

Then I went to hitting a 6 iron then a gap wedge then a 6 iron then a P wedge then a 6 iron and then a 9 iron.... So, I basically alternated between one 6 iron in which I focused on my new priority piece, then I'd hit a progressively longer club in which I'd just hit it and try not to think about anything. 

That went well. 

I finished up with more chipping. Only this time alternating between 9 iron, P-wedge, gap wedge, sand wedge and lob wedge. 

I only realize when I got home that the only shot I filmed was my very first one. 😖

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 29 (26 Mar 23) -  Worked on weight shift in the backyard after the rain ceased by doing trail arm only and then lead arm only swings.  Very much the same motion I used as a kid when cutting weeds with a sling blade (think Bill Murray in Caddyshack).  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 146, March 26, 2023

20+ minutes after Junior Elite and my college kids hitting on some FlightScope skills challenges I created. Started to work on my "throwing" stuff again.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 2 3/26/23

Worked with short club on ingraining new weak grip. Also spent 5 to 10 minutes working on backswing and another 5 to 10 minutes on transition and sequencing through follow through. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 84: Did a super speed session and worked on rehearsal swings for a bit.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 30 (27 Mar 23) - Putter work today, focused on starting on line.  Coupled with tempo to get the ball to roll smoothly into the cup.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 4: Stack workout #4. Increased e-speed to 102, which is closer to my Saturday driver swing that bounced between 104-105. Really enjoying the workout and had swinging maximum effort on last group of swings. 

Finished the day with putting practice- a weakness in my last two rounds.  Putting through the samallest set of gates and on a ruler with a metronome.

Day 6: Unfortunately, all I had time to do today was in my living room without a ball. Just over exaggerating the hips moving towards the target with a soft front leg. 

im playing Wednesday and will post a video at the end of the week. Really as a check in. 

Day 8: 3/27/2023

Outdoor range today. Started by working on my priority piece, block work with a 6 iron. Then some longish wedge shots; 75 to 110 yards. 

I finished by imaginary playing the course that the tournament I play every year is held. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 147, March 27, 2023

Got in 15 minutes before lessons and after touring Golf Evolution 3.0.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 3 3/27/23

15 minutes of slow motion take away through backswing work. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 85: putting day. Putted for a while on my mat, working on set up and stroke. Feeling a lot better with it right now.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 11:

Not much time after getting home from kid’s baseball practice. Did some indoor rehearsal/mirror work. Hit almost golf balls in the dark, 10 balls. 

-Peter