IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 87: Putting work on my mat today. Checking set up - hands higher and weight a little bit further back. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 3: 10/04/2023:

Played 18 at a course I've never played before. Shot a very disappointing 91. 
I really thought my game was rounding into shape. Granted I did run from the car to the first tee. But even so I made an NGIR. Then put it on the green and 3 putted. I actually 3-putted 3 of the first 4 greens. But that problem went away as I played on. The big issue I had was that my driver went from super reliable, as it's been awesome lately, to a total dumpster fire on the back nine. I have no idea what happened but suddenly 3 from the tee became the norm. ... Ugh.... I hate golf sometimes. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 152 - Shot a new career low tournament round of 75 despite 2 penalty strokes and a missed 4 footer for eagle after hitting the best 3 wood of my life from 251. 🤮🤮

A lot of positives though, proved to myself I'm capable of grinding out a good score with my 'B' game.

Something to build on as I plan on doing local/state am tourneys next year.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

• Administrator

Day 338, October 4, 2023

Mirror work after getting back home.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 1 (04 Oct 23) - missed posting yesterday, so that’s twice in the last 28 days or so, so it’s start over time.  
Hit some wedge shots before moving to long clubs with grandson using foam balls in the backyard. Goal was to be closest to pin or first over the fence.  Allowed to focus on accuracy and distance control.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Hit some putts on my matt at home. Used a yard stick to work on start lines. Also worked on the way the grip laid in my hands. Seemed to find something there, will continue working on it. 

Day 88: did a stack session. Worked on grip and posture during test breaks. 

-- Daniel

Day 40:

Hit 25 balls with 5-iron using Mevo+ to track. Did full pre shot routine before each swing to engrain setup changes. Swing focus was on neutral/open clubface during backswing (cupped wrist, earlier hinge). Really good session - goal with current work is to address the long left of left miss. Only 6 balls left of target, worst lateral miss was 8 yards left which is probably a GIR with middle of green as target, or at worst nGIR. Had some big right misses but I’m cool with that for now as the left miss is getting under control and the miss is one direction only.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 4: 10/5/2023

I went to the outdoor range today. Again, the weather has been simply incredible lately. 

Spent a little time on my priority pieces. But I spent the lion's share of the time working with my driver. I spent my driver time in two major chunks. 

1 - Trying to find the middle of the clubface. Lately I've been hitting most of my drives off the toe of the club. 

2 - Start line. ... Start line... Start line. When I start the ball on the correct line, good things happen. When I don't ... well? 

Day 2 (05 Oct 23) - played 18 at my local course.  Took the first 1/3 of the round to get dialed back in to the old SLDR driver, 3w and 4h.  Finished with a less than noteworthy 91, including 3 penalties (all in water).  Shot of the day, green side bunker  on par 3 12th.  Tee shot goes there, easy 58 out that blades over, pitch back on for one putt bogie.  That was not the shot, the shot was the practice shot after the score was put down as I waited on the threesome ahead of me. Hit another ball out the bunker, comes out super nice, checks and releases to gently roll in the cup (too bad that was not the one that counted).  Still a good feeling.  Ping clubs going back in…

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 153 - Short range session filming for Evolvr and then spent some time with driver trying to get my AoA positive.

It's tough. I'm doing everything I can think of to hit up on the ball and the best I could get was like +1 a few times and +2 once. I truly have no idea how people hit +5 or +6 upwards. Despite that I still had multiple 300+ yd carries even hitting down 1-2 degrees. If I can get to +1 or +2 consistently I think I'd be carrying like 320+ with relative ease. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

• Administrator

Day 339, October 5, 2023

Played 18 holes at WW (eagled #3 with a driver, 8I, and a 12-foot putt), then hit some balls at the range at Lawrence Park while helping out the college team.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 89: Went to the range and hit 40 balls. Block practice though. Working on my drill on my priority piece of throwing hands. Felt weird but also got some good progress. I have a feel or two to play around with on it. 

-- Daniel

Played 18 at WW. Started working a new piece, getting my right arm to fold much more quickly. Weird rn, but excited where it should take me.

Day 41:

Stack session

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 3 (06 Oct 23) - Worked on full swing tempo - hitting hard foam balls and one of the old persimmon head fairways.  The smaller face/head intensifies the focus to center up contact. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 6: 10/6/2023 

Outdoor range again today. Hit about 75 balls. Broke them up pretty evenly into 3 groups (approx 25 each). 

First group worked on my priority pieces. Did that with 4 clubs: 9 iron, 6 iron, 5 wood and driver. Switching clubs every couple of balls. 

Second group of balls worked on start line with the driver. Nearly all slow swings, some half swings, just trying to bullseye the intended start line. As I've mentioned before, if I start the ball on the right line, good things happen.

The last group of balls was all about where not how. I chose range targets from 35 to 250 yards and tried to hit them. 

• Administrator

Day 340, October 6, 2023

Mirror work before heading out to the women's tournament today.