IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 73 (24 Feb 24) -Took yesterday as a break day, back to it today. Β Worked on Β pre-shot setup and follow thru using 7i and hard foam balls. Β 

Ping G400 SFT 10degΒ  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 482, February 24, 2024

45 minutes on slower downswings after JEP and a lesson. I can't letΒ the grip get too slack or the results aren't quite as good, even though I'm going slower. The shaft tendsΒ to stand up a little bit in my pseudo-transition.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 2: 2/24/2024

I did backswing work without a club, with a piece of pvc and with a club in front of the 2 corner mirrors in the basement for 10 minutes today.

I also putted with the putting mirror and perfect putt today.Β 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs.Β 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.Β 

Day 230: played a putting game in the living room with my son.Β 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

Day 87- Slow, short practice swings with short practice club incorporating foot work.Β 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• Administrator

Day 483, February 25, 2024

Putting Billiards for 15 minutes over the past two days, plus a little full swing work today.

Still all downswing now. Slowly.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 88- Hit a bucket at the dome today. Really tried taking my time slowing myself down to work on a shorter backswing.Β 

BO THE GOLFER

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 60: 2/25/24

Putting practice for distance control and through gates. Worked on grip, alignment, stance and posture while watching the tournament this afternoon.Β 

Day 3: 2/25/2024

More mirror work today. I did backswing without a club, with a piece of pvc and with a club in front of the 2 corner mirrors in the basement for 10 minutes.

I also the putting gate drills today.Β 

Day 74 (25 Feb 24)Β - Grabbed the TA 845s PW (48*) and the Indi GW (50*) for some closest to the pin backyard pitching fun. Β Hit from 15 yds, 20 yds and 25+ yds. Β Enjoyed the difference in technology of late 80’s vs 2023….better spin with the 50, really nice roll out with the 48….

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 231: Range day! Hit balls for about 45 minutes - working on downswing stuff. Filmed a good amount, too. Still doing better with slow swings and not getting there with full-speed swings. Finished off with 10 driver swings. Not going full out with driver was really good. Going full out was a little more wild, but that's okay. Then went and putted for another 45 minutes or so. Filmed a bit there to check on some things. Productive day!

-- Daniel

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Day 55 - Some backswing and transition work. If I get the backswing right, my hips don’t turn. If I get the transition right, my backswing is abbreviated. Need to join the two together.Β 

• Administrator

Day 484, February 26, 2024

90 minutes with @DrizZzY this morning. Getting near the end of the slow downswing work. Going to start adding speed to it in March.

Day 232: Did a stack session.

-- Daniel

Day 75 (26 Feb 24)Β - At grandson’s request, we got the DivotBoard out this afternoon. Β It’s fun working with him on making solid shots. Β The board really shows when you fat or thin it, even got the missus to hit a few with her 7i. Β Really like it when it’s a family drill session.Β 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 4: 2/6/2024

I got a lot in today. I did my overspeed training. I also worked on my backswing in the basement mirror and then raced out to the garage to hit some balls into the net, trying to emulate the backswing stuff I did in the mirror.Β 

Later I played18 holes on a golf simulator. Which was fun.Β 

Day 89- Slow, short practice swings with short practice club.Β 

BO THE GOLFER