IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 7: 2/29/2024

Got a lot of work in today. 
Did my backswing work in front of the mirrors. Then I did some gates on the putting mat using the perfect putt as a target. Simply repeated an 8 footer through the small gate until I got the ball to stop in the perfect putt cup. I did that two times. I also got to the range where I did a little work on my priority pieces, but spent most of my time working on where, not how, I'm trying to gauge where I am right now. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 487, February 29, 2024

Worked for only ten minutes today. Not a lot of time. But, they were good, and solid. Faster downswings start tomorrow!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 235: did a stack session. Worked on some downswing stuff between breaks - a little hip rotation earlier. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 79 (01 Mar 24) - Worked on putting with focus on start line and target point.   Started by putting along the side seam of the rug in the shop (it rolls pretty well) - to keep the ball parallel the entire lenght, then moved to hitting a target point on the rug, even did a little of the Jordan Speith thing of putting "blind", i.e. looking at the target point and not the ball.   Got some really consistent rolls through the target point with good rollout just past (less than 2'). 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 236: played 18 holes. Started off well, finished terribly. But hit a lot of good shots, and my best shots were really good. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 488, March 1, 2024

Went downtown and worked for two hours. Starting to add some speed to the downswing move. Got the Quad out for the last little bit… Swing speeds were 93 MPH when I was going nearly full speed (6I), path ranged from +2 to +5.5. AoA was occasionally -5°, but sometimes +1.5°… because I've been doing so much work with my arms I just have to spend a little time on my legwork and collarbones staying "in" the shot a little. I could deliver -4 to -5° pretty consistently when I thought about it a little. Smash was 1.3 on the "bad" ones to 1.4 on the good ones. Launch was a bit high, but that tracked along with the AoA of course. That stuff I'm not worried about. Again, it's just remembering to use my lower body correctly.

Very pleased with today's results. I spent much of the time at 83 MPH or so.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 92- Short, slow swings with short practice club. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 66: 3/2/24

Putting practice through 50 mm gates. Good session only hit the gates twice from 11” while practicing distance control on my carpet.

Day 93- Short, slow swings with short practice club. 

BO THE GOLFER

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 8: 3/02/2024

Did my overspeed training today. 
Also about 10 minutes in front of the mirror working on my backswing. 

Plus some gate drills on the indoor putting mat. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 80 (02 Mar 24) - woke to a soggy yard (steady rain overnight), was able this afternoon to get outside to work on some pitch work with the 54, using the tulip tree (about 20' high) as an obstacle to get up and over.  Was a good challenge to used the bounce to not "plow the soft soil" and get the ball up and over the tree.  Solid strikes flew up, and over and close to the target.  Heavy strikes put the ball in the tree.  A good visual drill to really dial in distance (was only hitting about 25 - 30 yards).  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 489, March 2, 2024

15-20 minutes after lessons and JEP. Couldn't use the Quad because… @DrizZzY was using it.

Day 94- Hit a small bucket at an outdoor range. 

BO THE GOLFER

Day 67: 3/3/24

Stack training session 4/24 for Full SpeedSpectrum.  Matched my high speed for this program after two busy days.

• Administrator

Day 490, March 3, 2024

15-20 minutes before JEP. Had to get to Costco after that, so no time to do a good hour afterward. Playing 18 tomorrow, though.