IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 5, June 21 - Mirror work for about 20 minutes. Focused on my priority piece, specifically having the toe up at A4. Also, I worked on smooth backswing and transition.

Playing 9 later with the league.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 171

At the DR this morning. Hit a small basket of balls. Focus was on easy swings,  solid contact on the ball, and a one piece take away. (B)

Yesterday evening, while using my PW,  (second practice), while chipping, I hit a couple of shanks. Not consecutively, just during the few minutes I was there. When I shank, it's usually due to a poor take away on my part. Hence, the one piece take away revisit this morning. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 50: 

10-15 minutes of speed putting practice at lunch today. Planned to do a whole lot more, but they kicked us off the green so they could cut some new holes. 

• Administrator

Day 138 - June 21, 2018 - Hit several chip shots during lessons while focusing on landing spots. Was going to hit some full swings at the end but only hit five before I had to get going to get home.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 212    Rained most of the day... BUT, when it stopped at dinner time, I spent 10 minutes in my driveway swinging my Orange Whip to stay lose and work on rhythm.

Day 21.  Warmed up for match play, which I played today (club's match play tournament, round of 16).   Shot an 88 with the ESC for hole 18, which I didn't finish.  http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/2237718

Putted well!  Granted, small sample size, and the really short ones included some concessions, only one of over 2' though.  Led for most of the round, 3 up with 4 to go, lost at hole 19, these things happen.  Also, my putting might be better, but I went for a super super safe shot on #14 (made GIR, very far away, big fat green) when I realized my opponent was hitting his fourth from many yards out, I figured hitting the safest part of the green would worst-case make a 5 (which I did, three putts later) and win the hole (which it did).  I might position that second shot a little differently if it were stroke play.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 14

played 9 holes. Tried to make my swing thought be more right shoulder down at the ball. Getting better. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 172. Out early to beat the heat. 

Started off putting, using my usual routine after warming up. Putted one ball to 18 various practice pins. 

All first putts we're in the 10-15 foot range. Focus was on alignment, and lag. No three putts. Had 3 one putts, and total of 33 putts. (A)

Next I worked on 50 yard shots to a target.  (GPS)  These were "carry only" shots, since the area did not allow much of a roll out. Focus was alignment, swing tempo, and one piece take away. Hit 42 balls, while standing in the shade. (B+)

In My Bag:

Day 51: 

18 holes of Short Game Golf. Bogey golf. 4 pars and 4 doubles. Gotta stop those dang doubles from nGIR range!

DAY 213     Spent 1 3/4 hours on the short game area... working on technique and rhythm with my short wedges (20-30 yards)... also did a "Test" group of 10 balls to a 20 and 30 yard pin.   I was 6/10 inside 6 feet for the 20 yard target and 3/10 inside 6 feet for the 30 yard target.  These are both improvements from when I last did this on Day 205.  On that day I was 5/10 inside 6 feet from 20 yards, and 2/10 inside 6 feet for the 30 yard target.  Still a lot more work -- feeling good about the progress.

Then spent 90 minutes on the range working through my 6 drills that were assigned by my GGGA Coach.  Working on keeping the club in front of me more and getting onto my left side earlier in the downswing.  Also hit 10 shots to a target green which was 106 yards away.

Finally played 18 holes.  I hit 13 GIR, and got UP/Dwn 4/5 times... so there is definitely some transfer from the range work to the course.   I shot even par 72 with one birdie and one bogey.   Also I had no 6s on my card!! And weathered the wind!!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/JuanTheGolfer/round/2239310?hole_id=39016231

Day 6, June 22 - Played 9 with my wife. Still have first tee issues.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 22.  Played 18, stroke play, with my club.  Shot 92 (ESC 91) despite hitting one GIR and only six near-GIR.  Had a few successful scrambles from non-near-GIR, including a 40-yard on the first hole and from 55 yards on the 13th.  Small sample size, today and yesterday, but I think my putting practice paid off on that skill set, now I need to get my ball striking back to where it should be (and beyond)!

GameGolf's webpage is being funky when I try to review the round, but I'll post it at some point.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 139 - June 22, 2018 - Not much time today, so putted in the basement for about ten minutes while watching some LPGA golf in Arkansas.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 52:

Rise and shine! Got up early this morning and did 20+ minutes of full swing work, hitting foam balls into my fence. First true full swing practice since my great round last weekend due to weather and gym soreness. Great news is shanks are still gone, and the same feels that worked for that great round led to a great practice today.

Day 173 Out early due to the heat. Supposed to be 110*F today. Not much shade at the DR, or short game practice area. 

Practiced 100 yard, carry shots this morning. Focus was on alignment, swing tempo, crisp ball contact,and landing the ball close to my targeted landing area. Hit 30 of these shots. Had a couple fatties. (B+)

Hit about 10 driver shots. Same focus as above. Only difference from my normal driver shots, was I was using a 12*, round driver, instead of my 10.5*, square headed club. Definitely a difference in feel between the two clubs, as far as swinging them. The 12* felt foreign.(B-)

After that, I moved to the short game practice area for some chips, and pitches.

Hit 14 pitches, flying the ball over a bunker from 20 yards away. Target was a pin on the other side of the bunker. Maybe 30 yards  Focus was on clearing the bunker on the carry. . (A-)

Chipping was nothing fancy. Focus was on just getting the ball close, or in whatever cup I was aiming at. Hit 14 balls from various areas, to different pins. Focus was green reading, and ball landing areas (A-)

Might play 9+ holes this afternoon. I think the high heat is going to keep alot of weekend golfers home. 

In My Bag:

Day 7, June 23 - only got in about 15 minutes of Net work before the rain came.  I wanted to get new video to upload to Evolvr. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

DAY 214    Spent 1 3/4 hours in the short game area working on my wedges (technique, rhythm, and distance control).   Making progress.  Then headed over to the range and spent 45 minutes working through several full swing drills.  Then on to the golf course to "play" 9 holes.  Since the feels like temperature is over 100 the course was empty, so I stopped at 3-4 holes and hit LOTS of short wedges, working on getting up/dwn, hitting to pin locations on a par 5, ....  just trying to assess the extent to which my wedge practice is now transferring to the challenges on the golf course.

• Administrator

Day 140 - June 23, 2018 - Finally got to hit some balls again. When I make a better swing my slight groin pull doesn't get aggravated. ;-) It's also amazing how little it feels like my lower body does anything (right now) on the backswing.