IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 123- Slow, short swings with short practice club. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 266: mirror work today. Working on the feels for my priority piece. I think they look pretty good. Planning on a filming range session this week. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 18. 

15-20 minutes total with a goal of improving impact position and not pulling the ball to start. Took some video and realized I wasn’t doing what I thought so took a couple steps back and kept it simple with slow swings to get the feel.

Also spent some time trying to hit short flop shots with the 52 which was quite fun. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

• Administrator

Day 519, April 2, 2024

Played 18 at Talamore here in NC. Hit some incredibly good shots… and some real stinkers when I wasn't really looking at the ball but instead picturing what was "going on" in my swing, and occasionally going "oh shit that's not right!" mid-backswing. 😉 Hit it 30 yards over two of the par threes on the back, which is… something. I think I hit a 205-yard 7-iron and a 255-yard 3-iron. I also had to hit, back into that wind, a good driver and a good 5I on the 430-yard finishing hole. 😄 

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 124- Slow, short swings with short practice club. Tried to go to the dome but their summer schedule started meaning closed on Tuesday. Maybe Thursday. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 97: 4/2/24

Stack Full Speed Spectrum session 18/24

Good session. Matched my top speed for this program. I gripped much more tightly than I normally do in theses sessions and most weights increased. I beat my high speed a couple times but my speed was variable for the 5 at 195.

Day 38: 4/2/2024

Being as we were under tornado and hail warnings all day. I was only able to do some chipping and putting in the basement. 😒

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 111 (02 Apr 24) - Left foot “feeling bruised” where it was rebuilt from the wreck in ‘16 (usually happens when I’ve put too much stress on it)…restricted the swings to easy setup and slower movement thru same.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 112 (03 Apr 24) - another rainy, messy day, so no outside stuff today.  Opted for working with slap shot drill in front of the mirror. Taking it easy on the left foot as its still very tender.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Just started practicing some chipping in the backyard yesterday and today. Usually spend about 20-30 minutes trying to chip into a bucket. My backyard is a bit rough and not very flat, but it's still good practice. Chipping is where I need most practice as I tend to blade the ball far too often. Just this small amount of practice has already helped me out quite a bit. Starting to hit the ball a bit more consistent and on target. 
I might pick up a small mat to play off of, although I'm not sure if that will be counter intuitive or not.

Anyways, I'll try to keep this up daily as long as the weather permits.

TFjQN0Z.jpg

Novice golfer seeking to learn and improve.

2 hours ago, retoid said:

Just started practicing some chipping in the backyard yesterday and today. Usually spend about 20-30 minutes trying to chip into a bucket. My backyard is a bit rough and not very flat, but it's still good practice. Chipping is where I need most practice as I tend to blade the ball far too often. Just this small amount of practice has already helped me out quite a bit. Starting to hit the ball a bit more consistent and on target. 
I might pick up a small mat to play off of, although I'm not sure if that will be counter intuitive or not.

Anyways, I'll try to keep this up daily as long as the weather permits.

TFjQN0Z.jpg

Are those eggs or golfballs? 😁

Day 39: 4/3/2024

Got out to the range today. Started out on my priority pieces. I did it a little different today. I worked on the priority piece number 1 with each of my irons in a random order. Then I worked on priority piece number 2 again with each iron in a random order. 

• Funny 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 19. April 3. Working on the same stuff but with a bit more speed for 15 or so minutes. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Day 98: 4/3/24

Putting through 50 mm gates for distance control.  Great start and finish, but a little loss of focus in the middle and hit several gates in a row.

• Administrator

Day 520, April 3, 2024

Mostly full swing work on some green space outside. Only about ten minutes, as I didn't have balls, and got tired of hitting pine cones. 🙂 

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets