IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 532, April 16, 2024

Played 18 holes at WW with @DrizZzY. It was productive, even if the first few holes (we really should warm up by at least making ONE swing πŸ˜„) weren't.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 281: did a stack session. Worked on slow rehearsal swings during rest breaks.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 532, April 16, 2024

Went back again and played nine holes, then spent two hours on the range. Got to using my arms more.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 111: 4/16/24

Stack Full Speed Spectrum training session 24/24. Finished 2 mph below my top speed which happened in sessions 6 and 18. Progress check in 2 days. Β Hoping to make gains for this program.

Day 124 (16 Apr 24)Β -Β Continued work with setup and alignment towards target point.Β  Today I was using a telephone pole about 80 yds away (obliging neighbor's yard) using hard foam balls to limit flight - calling the planned landing zone - right, left, at the pole.Β  Good session, hoping to translate it to the actual range tomorrow.Β Β 

Ping G400 SFT 10degΒ  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

(edited)

Day 32. Got to the chipping green over lunch and spent 15 mins practicing. Need lots of practice here, especially bunker shots. Also wish I had read the low spinner thread earlier and tried that out.Β 
Β 

Spent another 15-20 minutes in the evening practicing evolvr iron technique into the net.Β 

Edited by 4zim
Formatting

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Day 53: 4/16/2024

Got to the range today.
Split time between my priority pieces and the start line with my driver.Β 
If I get the start line right, good things happen.Β 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs.Β 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.Β 

Day 6:

Only had time for indoor backswing work, Β it feels good to be practicing regularly again.Β 

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 104 - More putting work, focused on 7-8ft putts (as this is as long as my mat is). Used a foam ball because the family is asleep, which is actually nice because I have to treat it like a longer putt. I tend to lose control of the face on the longer putts, so this is a nice way to work on a longer putting stroke.

Day 15 - Still practicing chipping in the backyard, starting to show improvements. Been hitting off the rough grass in the backyard up until yesterday. Ordered a hitting mat and just started hitting off of it. I'll probably still mix it up. Improvements are: not blading the ball as often, starting to get a bit more accurate in both distance and direction. Still have a lot to learn. Also been trying to make it to the driving range about once a week to practice mostly driving, fairway woods and hybrids.

Here's a short vid:Β 

Shared with Dropbox

Β 

Novice golfer seeking to learn and improve.

Day 137 & 138- Forgot to post yesterday but same thing. Slow,Β  short swings with short practice club.Β 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• Administrator

Day 533, April 17, 2024

Had a little time prior to lessons. Hit a few shots to 16 at a little par three in Georgia somewhere.

Day 112: 4/17/24

Putting practice through 50 mm gates and slow motion swings working on low point.

Day 54: 4/16/2024

Started the morning out with my overspeed training. Then I got to the range again today.
Did mostly block training. I used a 6-iron to work on my priority pieces and then continued working on my start line with my driver.Β 

Β 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs.Β 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.Β 

Day 125 (17 Apr 24)Β an easy day of pre-shot seup, ball position focus on tempo. Β Hit a few hard foam balls with 7i and finished up with a few with the driver….

Ping G400 SFT 10degΒ  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Day 533, April 17, 2024

Had a little time prior to lessons. Hit a few shots to 16 at a little par three in Georgia somewhere.

Anyone remember pro evolution soccer? πŸ™‚

I did some technique work followed by speed training. My 145g speed was way up but the others were average and below my best. Technique work felt like I learned something. Still not all there but it feels like a breakthrough may soon come.Β 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Day 105 - Tried some full swings, but still experiencing some oblique pain. Since I don’t have a tee time this weekend, another week of rest might be smart.Β 
Β 

Did some more putting, focused on the 7-8 foot range.Β 

Day 282: first night range session of the year! 30 minutes of slow, specific practice on my priority piece. I like the feel I have going.Β 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint: