6,522 posts / 326860 viewsLast Reply

Day 164 - Short game work for about an hour then range work. Short game practice was pitches and chips from first tight lies, then rough. Also did so,s sand work when the practice green cleared.

At the range, worked on key 5 again with most of the bag.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 10:  Did the Day 1 drill from the 30 day covid challenge related to the initial take away.  I'm not necessarily looking to go back and do all 30 days, but I do plan to cherry pick the ones related to the backswing and takeaway for now, and use that as a resource for helpful drills moving forward.  Can't thank @iacas enough for making things like that available to everyone.  After the drill, I continued to hit a few balls with partial and full swings into my net while attempting to incorporate the drill into my swing.

Day 3:

Experimented with chipping from just off the fringe, and then 10 yards away from the fringe, with 7i, 8i, PW, GW, SW and LW - aiming to get within 3 yards of the hole.  The idea was to get a sense of the shot profile, in terms of how far the ball goes, and the flight and speed.

Did the metronome putting drill too.

Day 42:

Another net session working on lower body stuff. Going to do some takeaways to A3 before bed.

Day 23

I did Day 1 of the Covid 30 practice challenge in my hotel room.  Solid 15 minutes.  If it matters, I like this drill!

Day 54

Chipping around the green with my 8i, GP and LW. I also added in some practice sand shots out of the bunker and putting from 15' in.

Day 55.  Had ten minutes to hit 8-iron flight shots indoors, off a mat, into a net, focused on setup and a little of A1-A3 based on something from my my swing thread. 

I have come to realize if I don't have anything specific to work through, I should start working on the drills from the April Covid thread!

Day 246

After my lesson I worked for probably 2 hours on my new golf homework assignment. I did 9-3 swings, at what felt like 25% speed, focusing on using my big muscles to rotate through the ball, and not so much arms. I hit an unsettling number of shanks but eventually found some feels that worked and started making crisp contact. Toward the end I sped up my swings to almost full speed, and maintained good contact.

Day 81 - More mirror work, focusing on my hips. Starting to get there, I’ll film tomorrow and send it in. 

Day 4: Spent quite a lot of time on covid day 2.  At first I had misunderstood it, but got better with time.  On drill three, my shoulder isn't really going low enough, and to get it low I'm dipping my head... needs work.  But did get the sense of getting my other shoulder up.

Day 4: Moving my son into college today so not much time to swing. I’ll be doing motion drills without a club working on shoulder rotation, steady head, right leg extension on backswing etc. 

Day 23

I did Day 1 of the Covid 30 practice challenge in my hotel room.  Solid 15 minutes.  If it matters, I like this drill!

Day 24

Spent 10 minutes putting at the 8' to 10' length focusing on direction aid to check if my ball wobbled or rolled in a straight line. Ball is rolling true and by focusing on the alignment aid this length became almost automatic.

Day 56.  Intermission at Thursday Night Hockey means speed sticks outback.  I didn't do as well today -- not sure if it just happens, or if it was because I went on a 6 mile walk earlier in the afternoon, or because I had about 6oz beer during the hockey so far.   I didn't do that poorly, but I also didn't quite get to 100mph with the red stick today either.

Day 43:

Did 5 minutes of mirror work, focusing on going through the swing motion ultra slowly until I stop at an impact position.

Day 247

Worked on the same thing as yesterday. A bunch of really slow 9-3 swings, turning hips/shoulders through impact, keeping right arm from rolling too much over left arm. Left hip is sore, so definitely bringing new muscles into the swing. 

Day 11: played 9 holes at my home course.  The last 2 pars for my par challenge continue to elude me.  Also took some swings in the backyard working on posture.