• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for 2018! Please read as the rules have changed! Yes, for all of 2018! I'm changing it up. Rather than do this monthly, we're going to hav

3/31/18: Day 365: The post you've all been waiting for.  I did some more work with my A4 to A5 drills. I know it seems like it's monotonous and stupid... But yesterday after I posted I

Day 462 - April 4, 2021 Played 18 holes with @Hardspoon and then a nine-hole scramble with @NatalieB. Shot 30 on the latter nine, and around par with the first 18. I haven't gone through the roun

Posted Images

Day 23.

The last few times I've played I've noticed that when I use my driver I have movement from left to right and I came across a video from the Me and My Golf guys talking about shallowing the club so did a few of those drills to try and get back to what I was doing before when I had movement right to left and was bombing it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 113.  I wish Saturday hadn't turned into half a workday for me, but at least I was able to get to the adjacent room to spend a dozen minutes hitting balls with a 6-iron. 

Day 61

I took yesterday off since I was on a long day trip to visit my son. That’s my first off day since I started. Today I just focused on the takeaway to A2 and a few swings with a foam ball. Very light practice day. 

Day 114.  Speed Sticks, protocol two, in my backyard during SNF.   However, during the second batch of games, instead of watching I went for a walk of over 11 miles (and 3.5 hours), so that may have contributed to lower numbers from being a bit tired.  😕 

Day 40 - Planned on playing 18, only got 4 in before the wind got out of control. Finished the front 9, although those last 5 weren’t much fun. Too bad, I was +1 through 4. 

Day 303

Played an abysmal 18 holes. I had no idea where the ball was going. I was hitting pull hooks with a start line 45-degrees left of target, push slices crossing two adjacent fairways to the right, chunks, tops, and somehow managed to shank my tee shot on all four par-3 holes. I was seriously terrified over the ball for most of the round (except short game and putting).

Got home and filmed some swings. Shoulders were flat compared to my reference swing. Did some helicopter drill and then hit some balls and was making pretty solid strikes with center face contact and good start line. Not sure shoulder tilt was the only issue. I don’t think my swing has fully unraveled in the last 2-3 weeks, so hoping my lesson this week can diagnose and correct whatever I’m doing. 

Day 62

Back to my normal routine. Liking the fact that even my bad swings are still on plane. Still hit or miss with maintaining my body angles through the swing.