IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 80.  Today is a bit of a cop-out, and I debated not posting it and taking the miss.  I gave blood this afternoon and hadn't practiced by that point, so I just did more wall drill rather than swinging a club after giving blood.  I'm not sure swinging a club would have been a bad idea, but I figured I need to ingrain this turn more anyway, so... 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 213: Did range work in the morning making some adjustments to my driver stance. Play 9 in the PM and the changes worked really well. I widened my stance a bit to help reduce EE.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 214: Played 18 this morning. Got a bit tired at the end. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 128 (14 May 21) - Played 18 at one of the local courses today.  Messy play through the bag, big highlight was with the 54deg wedge as I purposed to use it around the greens, which with my play today was about 18 times.....had some good up and downs and one really good blade across the green on 17.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 81.  Actually hit balls today as the focus.  They were foam balls (in case they went wild, which they didn't), and I was focusing on the backswing and making sure my head went back and my chest went down.  I think I succeeded;  I submitted some video to Evolvr (yesterday's) to see if I'm moving in the right direction.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 40 (5/14/21) - 9-hole league tonight. Shot a 49, which was 8-strokes better than my last outing. The full swing drills seem to be paying off.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 514:

Backswing work indoors with Live View Pro camera. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 41 (5/15/21) - Since I haven't cut my lawn in a week, its now like the worst rough you've ever seen ;-). I used the opportunity to practice Sieckmann's "c*ck and pop" shot from "Your Short Game Solution". Clearly, this is a REALLY low SV shot (in the past year there are only 2-3 times I could have used it) but since its useful on occasion, for short (5 yard) shots out of nasty greenside rough to a close pin, I took advantage of the opportunity. Additionally, I worked on pitching motion shots. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 215: Off day today. Did a little set up work, but no swings.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 129 (15 May 21) - went to the range this afternoon as I wanted to work on long sticks, 3w and 3h.  Warmed up by working thru bag starting w/58 and working every other club (odd numbers) thru driver.  Then did some practice holes, teeing with different clubs, varied approach shots, pitches and chips.  Finished up by working exclusively with the 3w and 3h, working with grip positions to bring push fade under control.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 515:

Top Golf with some buddies In the morning. Lesson in the afternoon. 

Edited by Darkfrog
words

-Peter

Day 82.  I hit a few foam balls today (indoors, off a mat, into a net) with a 6-iron, focusing on my backswing with the latest priority piece.  I'm starting to find the ball on the downswing, hopefully I'm doing it right... 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 517:

Played 18 today with new concepts/feels from my lesson to address my bad hook misses. Didn’t feel like I was playing particularly great, but scored well (79), and zero hooks. Shots that I didn’t control the club face well were straight fades or slightly pushed fades, all playable. Driver wasn’t good today but only hit it on three holes.

-Peter

Day 216: Got a bit of work in between rain showers. Focused on wider stance to help with EE. Filmed it.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 42 (5/16/21) - Did some slow motion full swing drills in the yard today (chipping a real ball) with the feeling of keeping my back to the target as long as possible. Plan to try this on the range tomorrow.

• Administrator

Day 505 - May 16, 2021

Played 18 holes of irons-only (hit one driver on 15) with Sculley. Really focused on some short game shots, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 130 (16 May 21) - went back to the Day 21 drill of last year’s 30 Day Covid-19 plan, i.e. low point drill.  Too many strokes lately that were fat, especially the irons.  Took a thin towel, 8i and foam golf balls worked on the downswing to get more consistent impact of ground after the ball.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star