IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 54 (12/14/21) - Nice day, so chipping practice in the yard. Fifteen balls each with my 58* SW (high), 44* PW (low) and 6H (bump and run) focusing on making good contact, proper setup and form, and varying the carry distance. 

I'm planning to work on these shots around the putting green in the next day or two as the whole week is expected to be god weather. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 7 (14 Dec 21) - played 18 at Minnesott today.  Big, big focus on iron play, had the 845s Silver Scots incl the 3i along with my older Vokey wedges (can we say non-groove compliant on irons and wedges).  One of the better days striking the irons as I love the feedback these steel shafted clubs provide over the graphite shafted SLDR irons and Cleveland CBX wedges.  

Day 136:

Continued working on cupped wrist backswing feel, doing rehearsals indoors with LVP camera as digital mirror. Later hit some balls in the dark (really need to figure out getting practice in during daylight), working on transition move. Did a lot of slow rehearsals and practice swings before each ball. Start line is getting more consistently online, and launch angle looks good, but strikes aren't always clean, tend to be a touch fat and toward the toe.

Day 10. 12/15/2021

30 day Covid-19 practice plan day 09 (snapping sticks)

another wow session… hit some 7l into net after this session, clubhead speed or strike the balls flew!! Maybe good warmup drill before next round…. If I remember cause that won’t be until mid march!

Day 414: Fit for Golf workout and some work on the transition inside. Working on the feel of landing on the left side and rotating the hips before the arms. They both really move together, but the feel of hips first seems to help my sequence better.

Day 55 (12/15/21) - Hit shots with my 53* wedge using AlmostGolf balls in my yard today, using a motion which should have resulted in 55-60 yard carry with real golf balls (as a data point the AlmostGolf balls flew 25-30 yards). I am trying to shallow my swing such that I take very little divot and keep the trajectory down, hitting a draw. During the next couple of weeks, I plan to work on these shots at a local simulator and get some actual data.

Day 8 (15 Dec 21) - Mirror drills this evening- worked on swing from top of backswing to just thru impact, especially focused on getting as much rotation in the torso as possible and then slowly releasing by leading with the hips.  Easy to move fast and just blow through, hard to move slow and stay purposed. 

Day 415: went to the range today. I worked on my priority pieces for a bit. After watching the video below, I also worked on ball position with everything from wedges to driver. Wedges and irons I moved forward. Driver I brought back a bit to my heel. My last MEVO + session I was hitting up on the driver 5-8 degrees, which is too much. I didn’t get any number today, but will hopefully work on it tomorrow.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct links for Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package. Save 10% on Mevo with coupon code "IACAS" as well.
    • A young story and an old story!  Yesterday I played Pinehurst #6. A foursome was scheduled but only two of us showed up. I knew one person and the other was a father and daughter. Well only the daughter showed and off we went.  So.  I was 50 years older than her, she is 17 and a very good golfer. She’s off to Norte Dame on a golf scholarship next year after she completes high school. She’s a +2 HDCP. So off we go, she’s playing a hybrid set of tees I’m playing White tees. She hits it straight and decently long for her age.  We are both even thru 3 holes until I make a double on the 4th hole. By the time we finish the front I’m 2 over and she’s 1 over. Back nine I had 1 birdie, 2 bogey’s and the rest were pars for a 75. She shoots 34 on the back with 3 birdies, two were back to back.  A71 for her.  She will be playing in the Woman’s  North South here next week and the Junior as well.  She has no desire to become a Pro Golfer, she is going to Medical School to become an Anesthesiologist.  Impressive I thought! Todays old story…played with two old guys, one is 85 but plays ok and the other was 79. I’m the young guy at 67.  What a comedy!  I could tell immediately they play a lot together as the ribbing never stopped.  I quickly learned to stay alert as their shots started going everywhere!  Then the 85 year old guy gets the shanks! Never seen it so bad and I’ve had them a few times but never like this. The other guy played a very military game with shots left, right, left and so one. The on the 9th hole the 79 year old left a club on the previous hole and left to get it. Then the 85 year old checks his bag and the lost club is in it. Off he goes to get the other guy. They return eventually as the 1st guy went two holes back searching for his club. I’m in the fairway on the 10th hole waiting and here they come.  So then the 79 year old turns his cart steering wheel tightly to turn around and somehow gets the tow hook caught over the right front wheel axle rod so now the cart can only go in a circle!  It took about 15 minutes to figure that out! We fixed it using one of his irons to pull the tow hook loose! What next I thought.  We finally finished. The good news there was we finished in 2hrs 40min! Happy 4th!
    • Some work on losing the right elbow angle sooner.  At any speed right now, this feels more like I am casting the club than losing the right elbow angle. So, more work on getting what the good feel of this is. 
    • Just wanted to post an update on the state of my game. We’ve hit that time of year when I’m too exhausted after work to get quality practice in, so I haven’t been practicing. I’m not sure that’s necessarily a bad thing this year as I’ve been overdoing my piece anyway. I was worried about the lack of practice but I ended up hitting the ball pretty well (more on this later) my last time out. I’ve been hitting my driver pretty solidly. There’s still the issue of leaving the face open at impact, but I’m aiming to play a push off the tee. This way if I square the face, I’ll end up in the left rough, but if I hit a big push there’s more of a chance it stays in play. It kind of works if there’s enough room to miss right (ie there’s another hole over there). I’m hitting my irons fairly well, too. Again, I’m aiming for a push, but it’s not as pronounced as with the driver. As long as I don’t draw the ball, I’ll end up in decent shape. However, and this is what I alluded to earlier, I’m randomly topping the ball. It’s kind of weird because on any given shot I’ll either hit it like a single digit handicap or I’ll hit it like a 30. I suspect it has something to do with my trail elbow in transition but I haven’t really had the energy to work on it. Oddly enough I’ve been hitting my 3w really well but my 2h like crap, even off the tee. Might be time to replace it with a 5w. I’m going to start hitting the 3w more and see how it goes. I had some issues with contact on distance wedges, but I made an adjustment and that seems to working. I think I have to remap my distances, though.  Short game is kind of there. Some of it is mental error - wrong club or shot choice. I need to get out of the habit of using my 60° wedge for everything. I also pitch the ball better than I think I do and I should trust that, but I’m scarred from blading the ball so much earlier in the year that I’m afraid to swing through, which causes me to blade the ball or hit it short of my target. I’m actually putting pretty well. Had a bit of an issue earlier in the year on short putts, but figured out the problem and fixed it. Sometimes I’m a little lazy in reading a putt through, or I’ll get over my ball and second guess myself. Those are stupid mistakes. Thats kind of it. I’m going to try to get more practice in, but if I only have one day a week or something for golf, I’m just going to play.
  • Today's Birthdays

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...