IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 135:

Too rainy to do anything but indoor rehearsals, so that’s what I did. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 54 (12/14/21) - Nice day, so chipping practice in the yard. Fifteen balls each with my 58* SW (high), 44* PW (low) and 6H (bump and run) focusing on making good contact, proper setup and form, and varying the carry distance. 

I'm planning to work on these shots around the putting green in the next day or two as the whole week is expected to be god weather. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 7 (14 Dec 21) - played 18 at Minnesott today.  Big, big focus on iron play, had the 845s Silver Scots incl the 3i along with my older Vokey wedges (can we say non-groove compliant on irons and wedges).  One of the better days striking the irons as I love the feedback these steel shafted clubs provide over the graphite shafted SLDR irons and Cleveland CBX wedges.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 413: went to the range and worked on setup and alignment. Also did some short game shots.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 44 - December 14, 2021

Did some drills and feelings keeping the right shoulder soft, down, relaxed, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 136:

Continued working on cupped wrist backswing feel, doing rehearsals indoors with LVP camera as digital mirror. Later hit some balls in the dark (really need to figure out getting practice in during daylight), working on transition move. Did a lot of slow rehearsals and practice swings before each ball. Start line is getting more consistently online, and launch angle looks good, but strikes aren't always clean, tend to be a touch fat and toward the toe.

-Peter

Day 10. 12/15/2021

30 day Covid-19 practice plan day 09 (snapping sticks)

another wow session… hit some 7l into net after this session, clubhead speed or strike the balls flew!! Maybe good warmup drill before next round…. If I remember cause that won’t be until mid march!

Under construction, signature and game.

Day 414: Fit for Golf workout and some work on the transition inside. Working on the feel of landing on the left side and rotating the hips before the arms. They both really move together, but the feel of hips first seems to help my sequence better.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 55 (12/15/21) - Hit shots with my 53* wedge using AlmostGolf balls in my yard today, using a motion which should have resulted in 55-60 yard carry with real golf balls (as a data point the AlmostGolf balls flew 25-30 yards). I am trying to shallow my swing such that I take very little divot and keep the trajectory down, hitting a draw. During the next couple of weeks, I plan to work on these shots at a local simulator and get some actual data.

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 8 (15 Dec 21) - Mirror drills this evening- worked on swing from top of backswing to just thru impact, especially focused on getting as much rotation in the torso as possible and then slowly releasing by leading with the hips.  Easy to move fast and just blow through, hard to move slow and stay purposed. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

DAY 1 (12/15):

Bought a new 2i.  Haven't seriously practiced in about two weeks...  -10 yards on my irons across the board... consistency returning toward the end of practice [60 min].

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

• Administrator

Day 45 - December 15, 2021

Full swing work with the soft, down right shoulder while still achieving elevation.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 137:

Didnt get home from work until almost 10pm, but had time at work between meetings and tasks to do backswing rehearsals, no club. 

-Peter

DAY 2 (12/16):

Indoor range practice with 7i, 5i, 2i (working on "getting back in the swing of things")[30 min].  B-)

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Day 415: went to the range today. I worked on my priority pieces for a bit. After watching the video below, I also worked on ball position with everything from wedges to driver. Wedges and irons I moved forward. Driver I brought back a bit to my heel. My last MEVO + session I was hitting up on the driver 5-8 degrees, which is too much. I didn’t get any number today, but will hopefully work on it tomorrow.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 56 (12/16/21) - Did about 90 minutes of putting and chipping practice on the practice green today.