IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 149 (07 May 22) - A few putting drills this morning, working on lag and ball position.   Later in the day, got out in the yard with the 50 and worked on ball position while hitting pitches.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 62.  Went to practice putting for 15 minutes.  Included in this was a 4' coin drill, which I did... poorly.  It took me 21 putts to clear them all.  Not good at all!  Especially with match play qualifiers coming  up in two weeks. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 28

Worked on some fade swings with mid-irons today. Being in between sims/monitors at the moment, I was going off of feel. Which was good. Also did a little ball striking work with a dry erase marker to track my impacts. Was pretty pleased with the consistency and strike locations. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

Day 3: 5/7/2022:

Lots of mirror work.

Literally practiced what I took away from my last GEARS session like 10 times for a few minutes each. Through out the day, I'd head down to the mirror and do slow mo swings for a few minutes. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 113:

Forgot to post yesterday, but did Covid-19 day-5 drills and short game practice.

Today I played 18. Kind of meh with everything initially, but managed 4 GIR on the front 9, and combined those with three 3-putts, including two from inside 10 feet, that torpedoed good scoring chances. I was struggling with my swing until I settled on a nice feel/thought on the 12th hole, to pause and gather at the top of the backswing, and played the rest of the round really well, especially considering the wind really picked up for the last 7 holes.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 569: Worked on my stance feel being more on my toes and my hips more over my feel. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 150 (08 May 22) - rainy, drizzly day here meant some mirror time.  Worked on initial takeaway (Day 1 of the C-19 Practice Plan) moving to full slo-mo swings.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 63.  Went to putt, but ... get this ... the line to get on the putting green.  I'm not even finishing that sentence.  Serves me right for trying to practice at 4pm on a Sunday.

Anyway, so I went to the chipping area and chipped for ten minutes.  I didn't have a ton of time today, admittedly;  large work-at-home day and I was able to sneak a bit in between errands.

I did my usual full swing indoors work, too, but I'm tracking the not-that that I'm doing primarily. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 29

Busy day around the house. Mother's Day gift to the wife was working on our new chicken coop. Called it a day around 8, jumped in the car filthy, and took the fam down the road to my home course. First time the little guy got to "play" on a real course. Had a little putting contest. Gave him two strokes a hole. 

I was super pleased with how well I putted. All the work seems to be paying off. No 3 putts, and no misses from 5 feet and in. Made a 30, 40, and 50 footer as well.  No yippy feeling at all using a traditional grip hold. Although I did hit a couple of tap-ins with the claw. Figure why fight it. As it's an automatic make with the claw on tap-ins. 

Couple more days until week 1 of the league kicks off. Thanks to the rain out last week, the start was pushed back a week.

1006491118_ScreenShot2022-05-08at9_59_23PM.thumb.png.56f7e49813b2abfc1d8384199820158d.png

• Like 1

Maxfli Tour X

day 63: played 9 holes again.. didn't go as well as planned, so spent another 30 minutes on the range afterwards.. had too many 3-puts (but also a birdie on a par 3)

cheers Chris

Day 4: 5/8/2022

Re-reviewed my GEARS information/photos/videos from Thursday. 

Spent at least 20 minutes trying to recreate some desired moves in front of the mirror. 

Not sure if I want to hit balls tomorrow, might just continue with the mirror work. I have golf league on Wednesday and might need to at least check on how I'm hitting before then. We'll see. 

Day 5: 5/9/2022

Hit balls in the garage this morning. 

One swing, super slow motion, focusing on my set up first, then priority piece second. 

Then one swing hitting the ball ... kind of normal. Trying not to think.

Day 64.  Today's one of the long days, so before heading out to the office, I spent five minutes doing the full swing drill I've been up to lately.  Real balls, indoors, off a mat, into a net, 7-8 balls total (I'm doing the drill quicker now, and I'm not sure that's a good thing or not -- it feels comfortable, which again, may or may not be a good thing)

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 193 - Skipped yesterday due to Mother's Day visits.  Today did chipping practice on the lawn starting with the Orange whip wedge, then my 58*. Focused on making a swing with good tempo. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 570: Worked on stance feel of being on my toes with hips over my ankles again.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

day 64: played 9 holes and almost got hit with a golf-ball.. landed less than 3 feet next to me and then bounced into the water.. (nobody shouted "fore").. when confronting the people, they said "well, you were slow and didn't hurry up", despite us having to wait for the people in front of us.. some people are really out of this world..

Edited by cdh79

cheers Chris

Day 151 (09 May 22) - Worked on the full swing stuff in the backyard today with the driver and 4h.  Focused on the delivery of the club at impact.  Wrapped up with some hitting of the hard foam balls - driver into the wind, 4h with the wind.  Needless to say, the 4h shots were much easier to work with.  A good lesson on why golfers work to keep the ball low when hitting into brisk winds.    

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 30

Beautiful day here. Mowed the grass and then played a few holes in the yard with the little guy. Didn't work on anything in particular. Just out having fun. At 5 years old, he's already becoming accustomed to riding. Uses his little John Deere power wheel as a golf cart. 😆

Officially hit my daily challenge a couple days back and didn't realize it. Didn't miss a single day. Even without this thread I play to keep it up. Putting in an indoor net/sim has made practicing significantly easier. Should have done this a long time ago.

Maxfli Tour X