IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 5: 

Practiced one arm drills followed by swings from A2. I alternated starting from address to A2 and through, and others where I went to A2, paused, to the top, then down to whatever the preimpact is (P3?), checked face alignment, the sort of bounced/pumped the club and finished the swing. 

I did about 20 minutes of this with foam balls indoors. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 275 - Based on my last few rounds, its clear that I need to develop a reliable recovery shot, so I spent time today with my 7i and AlmostGOLF balls today from various locations in the yard. Will try this shot at the range Tuesday morning.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 47 (31 Jul 22) - rainy day, not able to get outside.  Instead did mirror work on overall swing - getting good core rotation, good trail arm position, weight forward into downswing.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 272, July 31, 2022

About two hours on the range at Lake View today. :sigh:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 640: Worked on my downswing feel for 5-10 minutes without hitting today.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 6: I hit foam balls in the house, had a range session after dinner, and then hit a few balls in the simulator. It was the same routine: One arm drills rehearsing wrist and arm motions for each hand, separately, then together. I extended it to "segmented" swings, swinging to A2, then to the top, then down to the "delivery position" (club parallel again), one or 2 pumps, then finish the swing. 

On the range I also tried my best to help my sons, both beginners. )

JP Bouffard

Day 147.  Today, in addition to my workout, I hit two dozen balls (same routine as two days ago with the rehearsal portions), with the focus on setup and the A1 to A2 part of takeaway in the legs.  I also did Speed Sticks.

Edited by Shindig
formatting

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 276 - Worked on short finesse motion with my 58* wedge in the yard today, hitting shot which carried 10-12 yards. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 641: Range today worked a bit on my downswing piece then went back to set up posture and alignment. I noticed I was bending over more than I should after the changes in Erie. Old habits creeping back in. Finished with target work with various clubs. Playing tomorrow.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 48 (01 Aug 22) - hit some balls with the 7i into the net off the mat today.  Used foot spray on the club face to check impact.  Still too much toward the toe.  Will continue to work on getting more centered on strikes.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 16: 8/1/2022

Spent time in the garage hitting into my net. Working on face control (priority piece again), working on swing path (also a priority piece again).

Finally just trying to keep my lower body a little calmer. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 273, August 1, 2022

Playing lesson. Hit enough shots to qualify, plus did a little mirror work before lessons earlier in the day.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 7: I hit foam balls with drills: one arm drills, then two hand, going to A2, top, P6 (club parallel), then pump and impact. 

I did some other drills to work on shoulder turn, mostly split grip drills. 

Then I did some flow drills, like step-swing, two step swing, and then some momentum swings throwing the club forward and rebounding into a backswing. 

I ended with "rehearsals," where I swing to the top, check the motion there, then make the transition move a few times in slow motion. I went from not hitting balls to hitting them and then to making the swing continuous without any pauses. 

I tried a couple of pitch swings. 

JP Bouffard

Day 148.  Another two dozen balls, same focus and plan as yesterday. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 277 - Mostly short game work today: Block practice for Distance wedge swing (SW; shaft parallel and left arm parallel) and Finesse wedge swing (LW, short, medium and long) followed by Random practice around practice green with LW from various lies in the rough (including ball below feet which gave me fits the last two rounds). Putting speed work (putt 3 balls into a 2' square from 5, 10 and 15 paces), then the "Brad Faxon" drill from about 5'.

On the range I also worked on a closed stance, closed face 7 iron as a recovery shot. This shot produces a big hook which runs a long way. Also worked on hitting the same shot but as a straight pull instead of pull hook. 

On 7/31/2022 at 8:06 PM, iacas said:

Day 272, July 31, 2022

About two hours on the range at Lake View today. :sigh:

Dude, I'm not going to comment on your swing. But two things. 

1 - What's up with that camera angel? I'm assuming you didn't have a camera stand with you

2 - You're looking much fitter than when I first met you. Good job there. 

Day 17: 8/2/2022

Spent a lot of time on the range today. 
My swing suddenly feels totally out of whack. 

So, today, I hit 6 irons and drivers at the range. 
Here's what I did.

Hit 10 balls with the 6-iron 1/3 swings, trying to hit the ball 50 yards. When I got 10 in a row to have the right start line and shot shape at 50 yards, I tried to hit 10 in a row about 75 yards, repeat then tried to get them up to about 100 yards, then 125. Then finally full swings. 

The driver was a similar process. I literally did 1/3 swings. Tried to hit driver like 100 yards, but trying to get the correct swing path, correct face control, and find the middle of the face. When I achieved that 10 times in a row, I moved it out to about 150 yards. When I did that 10 in a row, I tried to go to 200 yards. At that point I ran out of range balls and went home. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 642: Played 18 this morning solo because the other three didn’t show up for some reason. I use deodorant. Played fast and two groups let me through. Caught up to the first group, four ladies who play really fast! Played in 2:50. Played okay once I got the driver to settle down.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 274, August 2, 2022

A student re-scheduled a two-hour lesson really late, so I had a lot of time to practice. I didn't use all two hours, but I used a good chunk of it, and it felt pretty good.

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

1 - What's up with that camera angel? I'm assuming you didn't have a camera stand with you

I did. This wasn't for diagnosis of anything, it was just… I set the camera down against the leg of my stand bag, to record a little bit of how I was practicing.

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

2 - You're looking much fitter than when I first met you. Good job there.

Okay then. 😄